Please Enlighten Me On Lidl's!

QueenIsabella

DIS Veteran
After moving 18 months ago, I'm becoming spoiled for choice in terms of grocery stores near me! I had posted a few months about getting a Publix (good specials, high regular prices). Now we have an Aldi and a Lidl being built. I love me some Aldi's, I was a regular shopper there when I lived near one. Lidl is new to me. So, I was hoping some other DIS-ers could let me know what they're like--my general feeling is that they're similar to Aldi's, is that true?

Interestingly, both stores Aldi and Lidl are being built within a couple hundred yards of each other. And less than a quarter mile from the new Publix.

we have a Lidl being built too - it's just over 2 miles from our Aldi's and fairly close to our Publix so interested in info too

Is there somewhere I can look to see where they are buidling stores? I couldn't find this information on their website when I looked.

We have one being built as well. A quarter mile from an Aldi. And right in between them is a Costco.

Is there somewhere I can look to see where they are buidling stores? I couldn't find this information on their website when I looked.

I googled our town and came up with a few articles about where they would be building. It was kind of funny, I was talking to someone a few weeks ago, and she mentioned them. I checked at that time, and they said one was going in, in a completely different part of town that I never visit. I didn't think anything of it. But then today, I was curious about some other construction in our area, and the Lidl's stuff popped up as well. Our part of town is really experiencing a building boom--the construction site I was curious about will be a 14-screen theater with accompanying shops and restaurants. Including another grocery store, which think will put me up to 10 or so in a 3-mile radius.

I've never heard of this store but I'm jealous of people that have so many options. There's very few in comparison in the Seattle area. And two of the chains are now owned by one of the companies so they are basically the same thing. A store near us just closed, which happens more than them opening. If I counted right there's 6 grocery stores within 10 miles, a Trader Joes and regular Walmart and Targets. Five of those are the same store chain. There used to be at least another 5 that have closed in the past 10-15 years. So fewer stores and less options, and I'm in the suburbs about 15 miles south of downtown Seattle.

I've never heard of this store but I'm jealous of people that have so many options. There's very few in comparison in the Seattle area. And two of the chains are now owned by one of the companies so they are basically the same thing. A store near us just closed, which happens more than them opening. If I counted right there's 6 grocery stores within 10 miles, a Trader Joes and regular Walmart and Targets. Five of those are the same store chain. There used to be at least another 5 that have closed in the past 10-15 years. So fewer stores and less options, and I'm in the suburbs about 15 miles south of downtown Seattle.

I can relate, because this is new to me! We moved her ~18 months ago, and in our previous locations, it was similar to what you describe. Here, we basically had three chains, plus a Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods (neither of which were options where I've lived before). The Publix opened last fall, and now these new stores are literally around the corner from me--I guess we picked well when we moved here, not that we had a clue. The funniest thing is, we live in a very peaceful neighborhood on a golf course--it feels like a resort. But, BAM! less than a quarter-mile away, soon to be 4 grocery stores, 3 pizza places, banks, gas stations, drug stores, a liquor store, Taco Bell...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!