Please Compare Cape May & Chef Mickey's Character Breakfasts For Me

Pink Flamingo

<font color=FF66FF>Think Pink!!!<br><font color=CC
I'm looking for a comparison of Cape May Character Breakfast & Chef Mickey's Breakfast. My kids love Chef Mickey's & want to eat there again. However, we'll be staying at the Beach Club & Cape May's would be more convenient, but we've never eaten there, so don't know exactly what it's like. I think one of the things my kids like about CM's is the lively interaction (napkin twirling, lively music, etc) & I was wondering if Cape May has anything similar or is it is mainly the characters coming to the table?

For those who have done both - which do you/your kids prefer?

For those who have just done Cape May Breakfast- how did you like it?

Some pixie dust for your thoughts!

No, there wasn't the party atmosphere as Chef Mickey has, unless I missed something. I thought the food was fine though, DH still likes Chef Mickey the best and for a character meal, so do I.

cap may was a more quiet breakfast, with visits from goofy, chip n dale, and maybe minnie will be in the lobby.

Chef mickey's was LOUD stand up and dance breakfast.

food was almost the same

you just need to decide if you want to sit and eat or get uo and dance

Cape May is definitely low-key. We've done Cape May as the last day breakfast--and third character meal, on one trip, and the kids (2 boys 6 and 4) didn't care too much for it. Perhaps it was a case of character-fatigue. We did CM as the only character meal on another trip, and the kids has asked to eat there again.

Thanks so much for your thoughts! That's just the info I was looking for. Love the analogy of "sit & eat :cloud9: or get up & dance :banana: ".

Cape May is relaxed, the food selection and quality are outstanding, and the interaction with the characters was far, far better than the dinner we had at Chef Mickey's. Minnie Mouse "kidnapped" my son!!! I think this is my favorite character breakfast so far. I liked that I didn't have to wait so long, that the restaurant is much smaller so faster to get to the buffet and back, and so easy to get to Epcot afterwards. For convenience alone, based on where you are staying, I'd do the Cape May. I can't say that Chef Mickey's would be so much better to warrant the extra travel time.

Chef Mickey's is more fun. Cape May Cafe is much lower keyed. The food is basically the same at both. Have had good and bad food at both.

This Aug DS13 & I will be trying brkfst at both.
Chef Mickey's our first full day while staying at the Wilderness Lodge
Cape May the day we switch to our Beach Club stay

The big difference my family noticed was the character interaction. At Chef Mickey's it seemed almost "hit and run" style. The meal is frentic with lots of napkin-waving. At Cape May the character interaction was slower and seemed longer. My two girls were able to pose, get autographs, "talk" and hug the characters. At Chef Mickeys they got autographs and I was able to snag a couple of photos, but if felt really rushed. Cape May was more low-key and enjoyable for the adults.

WE have not done chef mickeys, but we have done cape may!
Our kids loved it!
We did it early on a day we were going to blizzard beach... plan to do the exact same thing this trip!

It was pretty quiet, the characters came around many times and stayed for a good bit signing autographs, posing for pics and playing with the kids. The food was good also!
The kids have requested that we do this again!

We thought about doing cm, but then decided against it because so many people had said it was loud and the food was terrible... maybe I should rethink it!
The napkin twirling sounds fun! And the get up and dance music too!
I am sure the kids would love this!

:wizard: Pixie dust for everyone! Thanks for all the replies.

Decisions, decisions, decisions . . . I have 29 days left to decide. Right now I'm thinking of trying Cape May for something new. I think as long as there is some good character interaction my kids will be fine with it.

If we are not staying on property and want to eat at Cape May for this breakfast can we then park at this resort?

Tigger_Magic said:
The big difference my family noticed was the character interaction. At Chef Mickey's it seemed almost "hit and run" style. The meal is frentic with lots of napkin-waving. At Cape May the character interaction was slower and seemed longer. My two girls were able to pose, get autographs, "talk" and hug the characters. At Chef Mickeys they got autographs and I was able to snag a couple of photos, but if felt really rushed. Cape May was more low-key and enjoyable for the adults.

Yes, I must agree with this poster. We did not enjoy Chef Mickey's. Got a bad seat, asked to be moved, moved to a worse location. Character interaction rushed, food subpar to Cape May IMHO. If you are staying at BC I would do Cape May for a change. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter