Please allow me to introduce myself . . .

Location: Carlsbad, NM (near the most famous "Bat Cave" ever!)
Family Situation: Married 25 years to Carrie. Just got back from DCL cruise for our our Anniv. 2 kids... Catie (18) and PattyJo (13)
Pets: 2 mini schnauzers, Nickie and Mimi, and 1 FAT tabby cat named KitKat
Favorite Food: Slap me a plate of Hot Wings or Ribs baby!
Favorite Drink: Freshly made Sweet Iced Tea
Glad to have you Brad!!

I saw you already stopped by the main thread so Don will give you your offical number soon...we are also on Facebook if you are into that!!
:thumbsup2

Location: Carlsbad, NM (near the most famous "Bat Cave" ever!)
Family Situation: Married 25 years to Carrie. Just got back from DCL cruise for our our Anniv. 2 kids... Catie (18) and PattyJo (13)

Nice to see you, Brad!

How did your 13 year old enjoy the cruise? I'm taking ours in June, and he's the wildcard in the mix. (When we were nailing down our itinerary plans he interrupted to say "No offense, but I GUARANTEE that the teen clubs are lame.")

I know that a son might have a different attitude set than a daughter but, hey! 13 is 13, LOL!

Family Situation: Married for 6 years this Oct. 1 son will be 3 in Aug
Pets: Dog - Rainey Cat - Hannibal Lector
Favorite Food: Ice Cream
Favorite Drink: A nice IPA

Just finished using our Wild 3 FL Pass with a trip to HS,MK, AK

Hey Tim... come on over to our "Main Thread", introduce yourself there, and that's where you will get your official number.

To find it, just search for the SQUIRREL!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2916764

Nice to see you, Brad!

How did your 13 year old enjoy the cruise? I'm taking ours in June, and he's the wildcard in the mix. (When we were nailing down our itinerary plans he interrupted to say "No offense, but I GUARANTEE that the teen clubs are lame.")

I know that a son might have a different attitude set than a daughter but, hey! 13 is 13, LOL!

I figure the best person to respond would be my daughter... so here she is.

"Hi my name is PattyJo. we were on the new Disney Dream. This was my 2nd cruise (we were on the Wonder when I was 8). The Edge club for tweens is fun because they have lots to do. Like a dance floor, video games, and in one room you can make your own music on a computer. There is a green screen where you can put yourself into cool situations. They did lots of fun activities with us as well. Like the Ghost Adventures, we had a DJ come and do games and stuff, and we got to make special trips to the Vibe (the teen place with cool hot tubs and a deck). They did a magic show with the magician. If you get bored, you can go on the deck and watch free movies, eat pizza, ice cream or whatever you want.The only thing I didn't like was it was kind of hard to find. The counselors were lots of fun! And honestly, there was so many other things I couldn't do because there wasn't enough time. I made friends. Oh yeah, and the Aquaduck was amazing!!! One time they closed it and just let us tweens ride, nobody else."

Let me just say, on our first cruise my oldest was 13 on that cruise. The truth is she didn't do one single thing with the "club" because there was just so many other fun things to do. There are tons of movies, 3D movies, basketball, soccer, swimming, game shows, and on and on. I can tell you that my kids would cruise for every vacation if we could afford it :)

Cmon in and take a seat Tim. Just so you know, new guy buys dole whips and bacon.:rotfl2:

Matt

I figure the best person to respond would be my daughter... so here she is.

"Hi my name is PattyJo. we were on the new Disney Dream. This was my 2nd cruise (we were on the Wonder when I was 8). The Edge club for tweens is fun because they have lots to do. Like a dance floor, video games, and in one room you can make your own music on a computer. There is a green screen where you can put yourself into cool situations. They did lots of fun activities with us as well. Like the Ghost Adventures, we had a DJ come and do games and stuff, and we got to make special trips to the Vibe (the teen place with cool hot tubs and a deck). They did a magic show with the magician. If you get bored, you can go on the deck and watch free movies, eat pizza, ice cream or whatever you want.The only thing I didn't like was it was kind of hard to find. The counselors were lots of fun! And honestly, there was so many other things I couldn't do because there wasn't enough time. I made friends. Oh yeah, and the Aquaduck was amazing!!! One time they closed it and just let us tweens ride, nobody else."

Let me just say, on our first cruise my oldest was 13 on that cruise. The truth is she didn't do one single thing with the "club" because there was just so many other fun things to do. There are tons of movies, 3D movies, basketball, soccer, swimming, game shows, and on and on. I can tell you that my kids would cruise for every vacation if we could afford it :)

Excellent Point of View review from the kids perspective. Great Job PattyJo...

Maybe we should have a DISDadsKids club here... ?:confused3

Family Situation: Married w/ 4 kids
Pets: None
Favorite Food: Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Favorite Drink: Dr. Pepper

Next Disney Vacation: Disney Cruise to Alaska, Aug 27! :cool1:

I lived in Orlando in my gradeschool years and went to Disney any time we had friends/family visit from out of town. Towards the later years, I recall thinking "Disney Again?!!". I can't believe I'd have such a terrible thought! I'd love to visit that often now!!

Family Situation: Married w/ 4 kids
Pets: None
Favorite Food: Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Favorite Drink: Dr. Pepper

Next Disney Vacation: Disney Cruise to Alaska, Aug 27! :cool1:

I lived in Orlando in my gradeschool years and went to Disney any time we had friends/family visit from out of town. Towards the later years, I recall thinking "Disney Again?!!". I can't believe I'd have such a terrible thought! I'd love to visit that often now!!

Welcome David!
Come join over on the Fatherthread, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2916764, and say hi, and get your official members number.

Family Situation: Married 10 years (married at WDW) 3 offspring: My Princess (8) the Boys: Chaos (6) and Mayhem (5)
Pets: 2 Dogs
Favorite Food: Anything smoked....Ribs, Chicken....
Favorite Drink: Gatorade, Most beers...
Hobbies: Fishing, Barbecue, Video Games, Football, Golf
Disney Experience: Living so close to Disney we tend to go several times a year. We like to mix up where we stay but tend to favor the campgrounds and All Star resort (price and we love the Disney overload) My wife and I were married at Disney (wedding pavilion) and have celebrated the kids birthdays there each year. I keep waiting for that moment when I am finally tire of Disney, but haven't come close to that feeling yet.

Family Situation: Married 8 years 2 offspring: 3 year old twins, Chaos and Mayhem
Favorite Food: Baby Back Ribs
Favorite Drink: Irish Whiskey
Hobbies: Barbecue, Video Games, Football, Golf, Soccer
Disney Experience: I've been to Disney Land three times. The most recent was 1996. My wife and I are planning our first family trip to WDW for October of 2013. This will also coincide with our 10 year Anniversary.

Family Situation: Married 10 years (married at WDW) 3 offspring: My Princess (8) the Boys: Chaos (6) and Mayhem (5)
Favorite Food: Anything smoked....Ribs, Chicken....
Favorite Drink: Gatorade, Most beers...
Hobbies: Fishing, Barbecue, Video Games, Football, Golf
Disney Experience: Living so close to Disney we tend to go several times a year. We like to mix up where we stay but tend to favor the campgrounds and All Star resort (price and we love the Disney overload) My wife and I were married at Disney (wedding pavilion) and have celebrated the kids birthdays there each year. I keep waiting for that moment when I am finally tire of Disney, but haven't come close to that feeling yet.

Family Situation: Married 8 years 2 offspring: 3 year old twins, Chaos and Mayhem
Disney Experience: I've been to Disney Land three times. The most recent was 1996. My wife and I are planning our first family trip to WDW for October of 2013. This will also coincide with our 10 year Anniversary.

Welcome aboard George and Corey, you two related? Or just have the same boys?

Family Situation: Married 15 years in Oct - 3 Girls (Sanny 10, and the twins 8, Claire and Cloie)
Pets: None right now
Favorite Food: Nice Thick Prime NY Strip (rare, of course)
Favorite Drink: right now Water (when not being good, Don Julio Reposado or Makers Mark neat)

Family Situation: Married 15 years in Oct - 3 Girls (Sanny 10, and the twins 8, Claire and Cloie)
Pets: None right now
Favorite Food: Nice Thick Prime NY Strip (rare, of course)
Favorite Drink: right now Water (when not being good, Don Julio Reposado or Makers Mark neat)

As one South’ner to another…

:welcome:

Most of the action around here takes place on the main thread currently titled:

“DDC XIX - Squirrel!”

You can also get there by clicking on the logo down there in my Signature)
Drop on by and get acquainted with the rest of the bunch.

Welcome aboard George and Corey, you two related? Or just have the same boys?

Not related. We just have the same nickname for our offspring. What else do you call twins whose goal in life is to systematically dismantle the house? :confused3

Welcome!! I also am the father of twins :thumbsup2

Hello fellow DIS Dads,

My name is Ian aka Tinkerpea's hubby and as you've probably guessed i'm British (dont panic it's not contagious)
I'm a father of three, my eldest is 9 and I have twin boys who recently turned 7. We absolutely love Disney World, my wife (tinkerpea) got me hooked, when she convinced me to part with my hard earned money back in 2006 for two weeks.
Two years later we decided to go again in 2008, only this time we would get married at the Disney Pavilion. We all had a fantastic day.
Two more years down the line we came back for three weeks, I dont think I could do any less than three weeks anymore.
You can already see a pattern emerging, we are at the final stages of preparing to come back once more, only this time spending a week away from Disney and sampling more of Universal, Sea World etc. There is one more twist in that the boys don't know, so we are devising clever ways inwhich to break it to the boys.

Looking forward to meeting most of the 700 of you at some point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter