Plantar Fascitis Crocs wearers: Help!!!

Just say NO to crocs! There is ZERO support for your feet. No matter what anyone tells you crocs are not made for people with PF. You need support and constantly do stretches. I've had surgery on both feet due to plantar fasciitis. You would be doing yourself more damage by wearing flip flops PERIOD with your problem. I will cave and wear flip flops to the beach while on vacation but I invest in the Vionic brand. They are amazing and give you the support you NEED.

Hi. One thing I have not seen anyone else mention that is a lifesaver for me, is a Straussburg sock. I travel a great deal for my work and my Podiatrist ordered me one. It's a long sock you wear at night to bed in the affected foot. It feels very strange at first but if I wear it, I am pain free the next morning. It is crucial for a Disney trips. I have an old pair of Croc flip flops that have surprising arch support in them. The look a lot like the Tamaraork style. I don't wear them in the parks but at night when back at the hotel and to the pool. I wear good tennis shoes with custom orthotics during the day. One year my feet had the same reaction as yours each night, swollen and so painful I was in tears. I had to elevate them with pillows at night. Never did find out why that happened. Foot pain really sucks because it can affect every part of you. When your feet hurt, ALL of you hurts! Good luck!

Here is the link for the sock: https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...vtargid=kwd-1368978305&ref=pd_sl_4b9gv2cbqy_e

I just realized this was an old thread but for anyone else with this issue I have to agree Vionics have completely changed my life. I had horrible PF in both feet and the start of heel spurs. I had to have steroid injections and wear the boot at night, did all the exercises and icing, etc. and was still in pain every single day. I tried a bunch of different options with inserts and other shoes and ultimately wearing Vionics exclusively has eliminated my pain. I love the sandals and wear them at the parks, but I also have the slippers to wear around the house, wedges for work, and inserts for my sneakers. The support in these shoes is phenomenal.

I just realized this was an old thread but for anyone else with this issue I have to agree Vionics have completely changed my life. I had horrible PF in both feet and the start of heel spurs. I had to have steroid injections and wear the boot at night, did all the exercises and icing, etc. and was still in pain every single day. I tried a bunch of different options with inserts and other shoes and ultimately wearing Vionics exclusively has eliminated my pain. I love the sandals and wear them at the parks, but I also have the slippers to wear around the house, wedges for work, and inserts for my sneakers. The support in these shoes is phenomenal.

I agree! I agree! I agree! Completely changed my life too. Unbelievable how many years I have suffered. The relief is almost miraculous. I only have a pair of sneakers and use the inserts my podiatrist recommended, but I can walk with no pain, all day.

I also recommend Superfeet inserts. I was in so much pain. I tried stretching, sleeping brace, I'd take it off in my sleep, only wearing my good running shoes. It was awful for months. Superfeet inserts have been miraculous. I was told they no longer recommend steroid injections now because they can permanently damage your heel pad.

My dad uses Vionics also and it is amazing what a difference it has made for him. He could barely walk before due to the pain in one of his feet. Now he is up and about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter