• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

I understand the numbers just fine. Reducing per-night point cost doesn't necessarily reduce total points, if you pack more rooms in the same space. And even if you don't completely make up that difference, operating costs are probably a bit lower with reduced amenities and higher occupancy density. And maybe per-point maintenance fees are a bit higher than they would be otherwise.

The first statement is speculation, not fact.

So how do the decide how many contracts can be sold at a specific location? Enlighten me.

It doesn't have anything to do with the total point chart with a predefined number of total points when they file with the Florida government, does it?

That's a looooong bridge.

And me thinks that custom house is at least another 200 ft or so from where this development appears to be built...probably longer in real terms.

Not impossible...but not a very convenient bridge indeed with some "complications"

Lol...the customs house was an inefficient mess decades ago...can't imagine its "better" now.

Last edited:
I'm reading some discussion about how the Bay Lake Tower bridge might serve as an example of a bridge from Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort into Epcot. However, the actual distances involved aren't comparable. According to the Google Maps' Measure Distance tool, the Bay Lake Tower bridge is about 260 feet (80 meters). The path between the Custom House area and the closest guest area inside Epcot is 1,300 feet (400 meters).

contemporary-baylake-bridge-distance.jpg

caribbean-epcot-bridge-distance.jpg

I think you missed a lot of the discussion.

The BLT bridge is enough to go over the road, and maybe even the canal as well.

But yes it would be a path to and from the bridge. Similar to the new bridges at D Springs.

b1.png

Isn't there a Grand Californian only entrance? I mean theoretically they could do it. Obviously I'm with you saying they won't though.

Yes...but you're talking about 3 very expensive hotels built at a time where they weren't averse to doing "special" things...they seem to now.

I just said this yesterday...you think they have that special monorail entrance in Anaheim if iger was In charge? No freakin way.

Isn't there a Grand Californian only entrance? I mean theoretically they could do it. Obviously I'm with you saying they won't though.

Yes there is, but thats open to all hotel guests and the public after 11am. i can't imagine that the DVC CBR guests have 1 entrance that CBR guests can't use. if that was the case i would never consider that hotel in the future.

The walking distance form the current CBR checkin building is/would be about 500 yards to the EPCOT lagoon path.

The current walk from BW boat landing to the EPCOT lagoon path is about 750 yards.

I think you missed a lot of the discussion.

The BLT bridge is enough to go over the road, and maybe even the canal as well.

But yes it would be a path to and from the bridge. Similar to the new bridges at D Springs.

b1.png

I think you're missing the point...

A short bridge can't be constructed over buena vista drive and dump people out into the Epcot service area...it's a much bigger deal/contained system.

The idea they want to add another gate to Epcot is funny as well. Anyone notice that the stockbrokers don't seem to like Epcot too much? They don't want access points that cost money every day. They'd close the international gateway if they could...I have no doubts.

The walking distance form the current CBR checkin building is about 500 yards to the EPCOT lagoon path.

The current walk from BW boat landing to the EPCOT lagoon path is about 750 yards.

The difference is one is paid for/exists and has an entire guest service area along it...one doesn't and is mostly inhabitated by water snakes...as the bushes around Caribbean are...

Maybe. As of march of 2016 it cost them $65,000 per day for all the parks. That would be a savings of 23+ million dollars a year.

Exaclty...which is why people need to think about this...

When they take things away that cost thousands annually and you don't complain...or worst buy an upsell as replacement...what's stopping then from going after big cash?

That's a 50% increase in Bobby salary next year :)

So what options do we see?

A moderate level DVC
A moderate suite DVC property
A moderate suite property
A deluxe DVC, with direct park access
A deluxe DVC, with no direct park access

I feel that aside from a deluxe DVC with park access, that the space between the two port orleans resorts is the better spot for a mini tower/moderate suite property.

Exactly. It's like people who bought at OKW and SSR using their points for the GF.

It's exactly like that...which is why the system works if it's attached to deluxes alone...if it ain't broke. Realizing that okw and Saratoga are already the "moderates" in the system.

So what options do we see?

A moderate level DVC
A moderate suite DVC property
A moderate suite property
A deluxe DVC, with direct park access
A deluxe DVC, with no direct park access

I feel that aside from a deluxe DVC with park access, that the space between the two port orleans resorts is the better spot for a mini tower/moderate suite property.
Right now I am thinking DVC (whether that's deluxe or moderate I'm still not sure), with no park access.

I think you're missing the point...

A short bridge can't be constructed over buena vista drive and dump people out into the Epcot service area...it's a much bigger deal/contained system.

The idea they want to add another gate to Epcot is funny as well. Anyone notice that the stockbrokers don't seem to like Epcot too much? They don't want access points that cost money every day. They'd close the international gateway if they could...I have no doubts.

Oh I agree, just saying it can be done. Don't care if they do or not. I have plenty of great places to stay.

Just wont here without the access-no biggie. Just want/demand "more".

Oh I agree, just saying it can be done. Don't care if they do or not.

I think it can be done without too much fanfare by Disney's deep pockets. I think what we've seen in Florida and the stock obsessed management makes the chances near nil.

Right now I am thinking DVC (whether that's deluxe or moderate I'm still not sure), with no park access.

I agree...but i see no way to work it.

Want to explain how you think this goes to a newbie like me?

For the record: moderate family suites (same or lesser quality as AoA at a higher price sounds about bright) makes the most sense to me.

Unless they want to cheapen/blow up dvc...ironic for a company that says they're pivoting toward "luxury"...

Maybe they're punishing us for not buying "after hours magic" by making me stay at Caribbean?

If so...where do i buy my tickets? I give in!!!

Funny, I had priced out a spring trip online. I got a survey today from disney, with the questions as to why I didn't follow through and book it. I cited cost in my answers. Not sure what good it will do, but we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter