• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning our trip

Nitewarrior1

Earning My Ears
I have Fibromyalgia and it effects my legs, knees, ankles and feet. Standing long time is very painfully so is climbing in and out. My question is do all the rides have an area where the actually stop the ride for you to embark and disembark when you are slower than the ride.

I have Fibromyalgia and it effects my legs, knees, ankles and feet. Standing long time is very painfully so is climbing in and out. My question is do all the rides have an area where the actually stop the ride for you to embark and disembark when you are slower than the ride.

The only rides with a moving walkway that can't be slowed or stopped are, I believe, Peter Pan's Flight and the Peoplemover. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The only rides with a moving walkway that can't be slowed or stopped are, I believe, Peter Pan's Flight and the Peoplemover. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've heard that if you are the first/last person on PP, they can slow the sidewalk down. For the peoplemover, wait until it breaksdown and go up then, though it might be difficult going up the ramp. Can't think of any other rides either that don't have mobility accomodations.

I've heard that if you are the first/last person on PP, they can slow the sidewalk down. For the peoplemover, wait until it breaksdown and go up then, though it might be difficult going up the ramp. Can't think of any other rides either that don't have mobility accomodations.
The ramp to go up to Peoplemover is very steep. I have walked up and down it when it was stopped and would not recommend it for anyone with any mobility issues. It is rather slippery when stopped and I found it difficult without my issues.
If you want to ride, I would suggest riding the moving ramp up - that would be safer. Then, when you get to boarding, ask the CM if they can lowit for you. They don't stop it, but may slow it.

Here's something I posted on another thread that should be helpful:
As another poster mentioned, there is a lot of useful information in the disABILITIES FAQs thread.
Look near the top of this board or follow the link in my signature to get there. Post 1 of that thread is an index that tells you which post has which information.

I would especially suggest looking at these posts:
5 - about buses
11- about the accessibility maps other posters mentioned. You may be able to pick them up at your resort.
Post 18-21 - about transfers
Post 22 - about attractions wher guests need to stand if they don't bring thir mobility device with them.
Post 28 - attractions with moving walkways and stairs.

The PeopleMover walkway can definitely be slowed down if necessary. I've never seen it stopped entirely, but slowed, yes. I had a (cough) incident last year riding; it was my first trip to WDW with my new double knee replacements and I underestimated how low the seat of the car is. Humiliation, party of one, your table is ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter