Planet Hollywoods free meal?

SYDNCLAIRESMOM

curiouser and curiouser
Any one know what the "select entree" is at Plant Hollywoods thats offered as a bonus with the dining plan?

Can't remember exactly--but I think it was burgers and maybe one other thing. We thought it was a ":rolleyes:big, whoopie, freaking deal :rolleyes: " thing! It was so limited and with only one per party it wasn't worth it to us.

We did go a few years ago when they were giving a $25 per room GC, that was at least worth a little more. Of course, I haven't seen the menu lately--the hamburgers are probably priced at $25 by now, so it may come out the same! :rotfl:

Details please?

Is this part of a package deal?
Coupon/voucher?
Link?

We are DVC members and will be paying for the DDP next month.

This is part of the package

The free meal voucher is limited to certain items only. 1 select entree and 1 non-alchoholic beverage. Choice of 1 of the following:
Any Burger Platter
Ceasar Salad or Pasta Pomodoro.

It is a free meal voucher and does not require the purchase of another meal.

The merchandise gift is a free key chain and 10 to 15 % discount on purchases. I cannot remember which it was. We got the key chain, but you have to arrive prior to 5:00 to claim it at the gift shop.

When I booked my trip and the reservations came in the mail, I called Disney to ask just what the Planet Hollywood voucher entailed. I was told that it was buy one/get one free and the choices were a burger platter or a salad, probably a chef's or Caesar's salad. Hubby and I will arrive on September 3, a Sunday and that will be our first meal at the World. Then on Monday September 4 we start with the free dining. We were happy with the buy one/get one, any little bit helps at Disney.

wifeofjack said:
When I booked my trip and the reservations came in the mail, I called Disney to ask just what the Planet Hollywood voucher entailed. I was told that it was buy one/get one free and the choices were a burger platter or a salad, probably a chef's or Caesar's salad. Hubby and I will arrive on September 3, a Sunday and that will be our first meal at the World. Then on Monday September 4 we start with the free dining. We were happy with the buy one/get one, any little bit helps at Disney.

I am just hoping that you received the correct information...

We are leaving for WDW on August 21st. We got our travel packet and our ME packet. The only items we received regarding Planet Hollywood were 2 vouchers (see below). They are not buy one/get one free vouchers. I guess you could look it at that way, since you are getting a meal free, but it doesn't have to be the same meal.

(Verbatim)
1.) Planet Hollywood Merchandise Voucher
Redeem this voucher at Planet Hollywood located in the Downtown Disney West Side area between 11am and 6pm daily to received ONE (1) Planet Hollywood souvenir merchandise keepsake. Offer is valid for one keepsake per package. Voucher is required for redemption between 11am and 6pm daily and is non-tranferable. Lost or stolen vouchers will not be replaced. Voucher not valid with any other offer, discount, or promotion. Voucher may not be redeemed for cash in whole or in part. Offer is subject to change without notice. Voucher must be redeemed on or prior to check-out of the resort hotel. Voucher not valid for future stays. Valid 1/1/06 through 12/31/06.

2.) Planet Hollywood Meal Voucher
Redeem this voucher at Planet Hollywood located in Downtown Disney West Side to receive ONE (1) select entrees and ONE (1) non-alcoholic beverage. You have a choice of ONE (1) of the following entrees:
*Any burger platter
*Ceasar Salad
*Pasta Pomodoro
Offer is valid for ONE (1) select entree per reservation; Dine-in only. Gratuity is not included. Voucher is required for redemption and is non-transferable. Lost or stolen vouchers will not be replaced. Voucher not valid with any other offer, discount, or promotion. Voucher may not be redeemed for cash in whole or in part. Offer is subject to change without notice. Valid 1/1/06 through 12/31/06.

With our ME packet, we got a free Disney Trading Pin certificate.

The trading pin is a good deal, since you can redeem it at multiple places.

But the Planet Hollywood is really not worth it, unless you are planning to go to Downtown Disney. It's for one entree and drink, and they limit your choices. If it was at least two per reservation or one per person, it would have been worth taking time out of your schedule to visit Downtown Disney. But if you already have the Dining Plan, to me it seems like a waste of time.

We probably won't use the Entree coupon but if we strike up a conversation with anyone nice staying offsite I would be glad if they could make use of it.

we have both of these vouchers as well and they are very lame!

not knocking WDW or Planet Hollywood or whoever is "giving" me this free perk, but i will not be using them. Ate at PH once or twice and hated it each time. vowed never to return. the Key chain is pretty weak also.

is there anyway i can "share the love" and give these vouchers to anyone else who might use them?

if you have extra vouchers you dont think you'll use can I have them please?

We checked out Planet Hollywood too, because we got the voucher as well. We were, well, underwhelmed is a GREAT way of putting it. The food was ok, but nothing special and VERY expensive. I'm sorry but if I am paying $9 for a kids meal it should come with a drink. I don't think I'm cheap but come on, it's not even a DISNEY restaurant. If I'm spending that kind of money I'd rather spend it on a better themed place. Planet Hollywood wasn't anything special. (****My 5 year old though LOVED the captain crunch chicken fingers)

disney2d2 said:
The trading pin is a good deal, since you can redeem it at multiple places.

Does anybody know if the pin is the same at each location? or do they offer different pins? I imagine we will redeem ours at Everything Pop at PC, since we are staying there.

Can our DS use this voucher to dine alone? He could walk down from Disney Quest one afternoon. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

newholidayx2 said:
if you have extra vouchers you dont think you'll use can I have them please?
I'm not sure if that's possible, our voucher has my name on it... and they probably know that each party gets one voucher so they might be reluctant in allowing people to use two vouchers in one sitting.

Kycha said:
Does anybody know if the pin is the same at each location? or do they offer different pins? I imagine we will redeem ours at Everything Pop at PC, since we are staying there.

The merchandise voucher is ONLY redeemable at the Planet Hollywood Gift Shop--it is not a general "Disney" voucher.

The voucher has your name on it and I would guess it is not meant to be transferable. Maybe you could get away with it--but I think the server would be suspicious if an entire family came in with vouchers will all different names on it.

On our trip we went with friends and the Dads went for a guys night out beer and dinner and decided to use the vouchers since they are cheap and not picky! They just had the burgers.

My biggest complaint about PH (other than redicuously expensive) was how LOUD it was the night we went several years ago. I put ear plugs in the kids ears because it was so awful. I won't go back for that reason alone!

wifeofjack said:

Well, I guess technically you could look at that way! You get a choice of the burger platter, salad or the pasta dish for free and Pay for what the other person orders--So you are buying one meal and getting one meal free! :rotfl2:

But only the voucher meal is limited to those choices. You can pay for whatever other meal you want! And you do not have to order a "paid" meal to use it--so to the person who asked if DS could use it--shouldn't be a problem.

Kycha said:

Just to clear things up, the pin voucher comes with the Magical Express tags and has nothing to do with the Planet Hollywood stuff.
The pin voucher is redeemable at lots of different places, we got ours at Everything Pop last time, and at the gift shop in ASMo last year. The pins are bus pins, there are 4 or 5 different ones and they randomly give them to you. Last time we had 2 certificates and got 2 different pins. They are fully tradeable, so it doesn't really matter if it's the "same" at each location or not.

A couple of interesting things about the free pin deal:
Last year it came with a plain black lanyard. This year it does not.
DD traded her bus pin immediately. We later commented to a CM that she traded her "ugly" bus pin (I think it was orange??) and the CM said that color bus is actually kind of rare. I think the bus pins might only be available with the voucher, but I'm not really sure. I haven't seen them for sale elsewhere at WDW.

lyzziesmom said:
Just to clear things up, the pin voucher comes with the Magical Express tags and has nothing to do with the Planet Hollywood stuff.
The pin voucher is redeemable at lots of different places, we got ours at Everything Pop last time, and at the gift shop in ASMo last year. The pins are bus pins, there are 4 or 5 different ones and they randomly give them to you. Last time we had 2 certificates and got 2 different pins. They are fully tradeable, so it doesn't really matter if it's the "same" at each location or not.

A couple of interesting things about the free pin deal:
Last year it came with a plain black lanyard. This year it does not.
DD traded her bus pin immediately. We later commented to a CM that she traded her "ugly" bus pin (I think it was orange??) and the CM said that color bus is actually kind of rare. I think the bus pins might only be available with the voucher, but I'm not really sure. I haven't seen them for sale elsewhere at WDW.

Thanks for all the info!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter