Planet Hollywood vs T-Rex ?

dizneyrules

Mouseketeer
We will be at WDW from May 26-June 5th and on the dining plan starting on May 27th. On our arrival day, when we are room only, we are planning on going to Downtown Disney and having dinner there OOP. We have an ADR for Planet Hollywood but now are considering trying T-Rex. I know that neither are very popular but my "kids" (DS 19, twin DD age 16) have loved PH in the past for the atmosphere but are now open to trying T-Rex. We have been to the Rainforest Cafe several times so are familiar with the concept that T-Rex has.

I would love opinions on what I should do and also how to make reservations at T-Rex.

Thanks!

Ann Marie :laundy:

Well remember that T Rex is walk in only NO RES.....that being said Id keep res at PH then if you decide to try T Rex you can but arrive early. Loved TRex. Yes similar to Rainforest but LOVE RF too. We also love PH so cant go wrong either. My choice is to try T Rex if you have never ben.

Is TREX walk-up only now? We reserved it last year, but called directly to the restaurant a few weeks in advance of the trip because you'll never find availability through the online Disney dining site.

We did a reservation at T-Rex last April, but called directly to the restaurant. We enjoyed T-Rex - the theming was FUN!

You can make adr's for T-Rex either online or you can also call them directly. We made reservations for May 26, that is when we are arriving as well. I called the restaurant directly to make the reservation, because there were not any available on Disney's site.

I'm 17, so I'm right around the age of your kids, so hope this helps. I haven't been to T-Rex down at wdw before, but have been to the one by Kansas City before, and I think it's ok. I've also been to PH twice and I personally like the atmosphere of it more, but if you haven't been to T-Rex before it's always worth a try.

My brother (14) prefers PH as well, in fact the tomes we went to PH were tp celebrate his birthday.

Either way both are very good, it just depends on whether you want to try something new or not. And if you still can't decide, compare the prices and options each offers to see what fits your family more.

We like T-Rex. It's a fun place. We do travel with Grandchildren and it's a place they always ask to visit.

Yes you can make reservation.

FYI- T-Rex is NOT only walk up...I was able to reserve online.

We do not care for planet hollywood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter