• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Plan on patience if you are checking in Sep. 2

Amanda999

DIS Veteran
Hi! I'm currently at POR, left POFQ a few days ago.

At both registration desks (at POR this morning when I asked an unrelated question) they warned me that September 2 is a huge check in date, and to expect long lines at registration (to do anything) that day, because free dining general public starts that day. They ask you what day you are checking out, if you go to the desk for anything, to warn you about September 2nd potential waits.

I know, I know, advance online check in might make it a breeze, but still it took me two hours (due to magical computer issues) to check in last week with no line and I had done online check in. (I think I was a rare problem, but still.)

HTH - I often travel alone with my two kids, and being able to brace myself for such things helps a lot. E.g. Keep the kids' bathing suits in your carry on bags - if old enough, they could go to the pool while you wait in line - be sure iPods etc chargers are handy.

Hoping to help out other Dissers - I've learned so much from you all (only learned about FD Bounceback for next August/Sep from disboards!).

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter