• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Places to Stay for Holiday World

ckohl

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

My family is considering a trip to Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana. Where are the best places to stay nearby if you will be visiting the park? Also, what do you recommend doing in addition to going to the park?

We went there a few years ago and stayed in a comfort inn or something like that. It was fine but there was NOTHING to do around the hotel. We went to a state park which had a lake and canoeing. There are a few shops near holiday world. The park itself is nice.

We always stay at Lake Rudolph, the campground adjacent to Holiday World. It is a campground. We now have an RV, however in the past we rented cabins or trailers. They bus you to and from Holiday World, it's about a 5 minute ride, lol. There is a pool, kids water park slide thingamajig, store, concessions, ice cream, paddle boats, etc. I think the pool is open but limited to how many people can be in it. We also always rent a golf cart. They have a lot of activities, and the kids always enjoyed the golf cart parade, decorating it with some lights, etc. We'll be going 1st week of August if things aren't shut down.

There are several state parks within an easy drive from there. Lincoln state park is very close, another I recommend is Falls of the Ohio.

I have heard that Rudolph's Christmas Cabins are great. As far as hotels, there aren't many choices however. Best I can remember there's a couple right off I64. They do have that Lincoln state park near Santa Claus, that is pretty cool to see. If you go east towards Louisville they have some stuff like Indiana Caverns, and another cave thing.

I am from that area an NO there is not much near holiday World. I LOVE Holiday World very clean park out in the country believe me it is in the middle of no where lots of shady areas in the park not the water park so much but the park it's self. It's been there forever an a day grown over the years. Prices reasonible free parking still i think maybe free drinks as well I know they used to have free drinks not so sure with this virus and free sunscreen at the waterpark. My kids grew up going there now my Gkids often 3 or 4 times a week all summer long. At the I64 exit to Holiday World there is a small hotel or 2 fairly new but there is not much in way of resturants or things to do. East towards Louisville KY is corydon IN 30 to 40 miles from the holiday world exit there are many hotels there many restuarants mostly fast food a cracker barrel culvers an many fast food. The Corydon area is known for it's caves Indiana Caverns being the newest I not been there but my DD works there an loves it. Squire Boone is a little further south from Indiana caverns 15 miles or so. Wyndotte cave is nice as is marengo cave.
Corydon is Indiana's 1st st capital an several interesting things to see in down town corydon along with some shops that might be of interest ! that is different is a hand blown glass factory that has all glass made in the wood furnace an hand made glass they do beautiful work there an love visitors to come in visit an watch. Corydon is a very very small town if you go don't miss Butt Drugs best soda fountain in the world old fashioned too an yes you can buy a Butt Drugs shirt. Their slogan is Butt Drugs with FREE parking in the rear.

another 30 miles east in Jeffersonville IN is the Falls of the ohio state park with a very large fossil bed in the ohio river you can walk along the falls see many many fossils many from thousands of yrs ago when the area was an ocean. Jeffersonville In is right across the river from Louisville KY they have a nice zoo there that is a good day or 2 trip depending on how long the kiddos plays in there water area there,

Yes Lincoln state park is near Holiday world an from Corydon In south into Ky it is a short drive to Lincolns boyhood home park which I like better.

I love the drive between holiday World an Louiville Ky love the rolling hills an most of the drive is very country still just be sure to watch for deer. I no longer live in the area, I can't take the cold winters while I enjoy FL I miss my Indiana hills

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter