Places for crawling baby to burn some energy?

Megara5115

DIS Veteran
Any suggestions for places in the parks where my 9 month old could safely crawl a bit? I know it probably won't be a ton of space if there is. He cruises on furniture and has taken a couple steps but not sure if he will be actually walking a bit by the time our trip comes (probably not). Thank you!

If they aren't crowded with big kids, there are play areas outside of Splash in MK and Mission Space in Epcot. Nine months is too tiny to "play" in them, but there are some padded areas for crawling. The Dumbo in MK play area also has a "littles only" area. At AK, if you head all the way through the boneyard in dino USA you get to the dig pit, which aside from the potential for eating the "sand", would be a good option.

you will have to watch for older kids in all play areas as older kids will be running off energy at same time. plus with older kids watch the area closely for dropped stuff that baby can put in mouth

you will have to watch for older kids in all play areas as older kids will be running off energy at same time. plus with older kids watch the area closely for dropped stuff that baby can put in mouth
Thank you very good advice! Much appreciated.

If they aren't crowded with big kids, there are play areas outside of Splash in MK and Mission Space in Epcot. Nine months is too tiny to "play" in them, but there are some padded areas for crawling. The Dumbo in MK play area also has a "littles only" area. At AK, if you head all the way through the boneyard in dino USA you get to the dig pit, which aside from the potential for eating the "sand", would be a good option.
Great! Thank you!

One place not mentioned is the car show room at Test Track in Epcot. You could put him in the cars and let him play, plus there should be crawling space off to the side.

The exit areas in future world would all have some crawling space if you don't mind the general floor. Probably cleaner than the play areas, actually, haha.

The baby care centers do have a seating area with toys and a tv. My DD (14 mo at the time) would play there with my friend while I pumped. She fell in love with the bath toy/baby toy figurines they had in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter