• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pizza Rizzo?

We are in the minority here but we didn't think it was that bad. We were in the mood for pizza and it satisfied that. Was it the best we have ever had....certainly not. We have our favorite pizza places in several cities we visit and they all seem to be non chain Mom n Pop places.

I like the themimg inside. has yet to be open when we are there.
Reviews just are terrible, so not disappointed that its never open.

Kinda off topic, but this is one of my pet peeves with the whole new Toy Story Land. Why they felt like they had to cram everything into one small section really annoys me. I think they should've left the entrance of Toy Story Mania where it was, kept the character meet and greets in air conditioning, where it was, and kept Pizza Rizzo as Pizza Planet but perhaps added the QS items found at Woody's Lunch box to the menu. Haven't eaten at Woody's lunch box since there is no real seating and it's outside with no air conditioning, so I don't know if they'd be great menu additions but I'd rather try it there then at Woody's Lunch box. I think that Woody's should've been for ice cream or some quick snack/drink area. But no, lets cram it all into some back area next to the highway with no shade. I totally agree that it's the same pizza you get at Pizzafari, but everyone certainly ate there when it was Pizza Planet. IDK, I feel like DHS doesn't have a lot of QS options with air conditioning so I think it sucks that the space isn't being utilized anymore.

I find the places I like the best are ones that get terrible reviews. I’ve learned to pay no attention at all to reviews concerning how good the food is.

I find the places I like the best are ones that get terrible reviews. I’ve learned to pay no attention at all to reviews concerning how good the food is.

Same. I’ve only had one exception to this (where the experience/ food was “as promised” in the reviews). We almost cancelled Ohana breakfast on our last trip based on reviews (which I didn’t want to do because it was the only thing DS11 asked to do) and I’m glad we didn’t. Some of the issue is that people are more inclined to take the time to leave a review when they don’t like something, and that skews the reviews toward the negative overall.

We also don’t expect every meal to be the best meal ever.

I just read that it will be be reopening temporarily at the end of May while the ABC Commissary is closed for refurbishment. Then closing again when the Commissary reopens.

I'm just wondering about the status of Pizza Rizzo.....has it ever opened again? I thought they said open seasonally?

I just saw on another site that Pizza Rizzo is supposed to be open for lunch through the summer and then when SWGE opens, it will be open for lunch and dinner. I'd link the site, but I don't know if it's allowed.

My kids are super happy! They love the ballroom.

I just saw on another site that Pizza Rizzo is supposed to be open for lunch through the summer and then when SWGE opens, it will be open for lunch and dinner. I'd link the site, but I don't know if it's allowed.

There are hours on the Disney site directly, and it looks like it is also open for dinner until 8 pm (may not be daily, I only checked 5/8-14 when we'll be there). https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/pizzerizzo/

There are hours on the Disney site directly, and it looks like it is also open for dinner until 8 pm (may not be daily, I only checked 5/8-14 when we'll be there). https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/pizzerizzo/
Yay! Long live the Pizza Rat!!! Planning a HS day in october. Hope its open then

Yay! Long live the Pizza Rat!!! Planning a HS day in october. Hope its open then
You're not going to believe this but I did some poking around at different dates and it said no times available on any date past May 25, which is listed as 11 am to 4 pm.

You're not going to believe this but I did some poking around at different dates and it said no times available on any date past May 25, which is listed as 11 am to 4 pm.

I think the current plan is to keep it open while ABC Commissary is closed for refurbishment (which is scheduled to go on until late May, with ABC Commissary due to start ADR dinner on June 2). No word on if they plan to keep it open past that and/ or reopen it when SWGE opens.

I think the current plan is to keep it open while ABC Commissary is closed for refurbishment (which is scheduled to go on until late May, with ABC Commissary due to start ADR dinner on June 2). No word on if they plan to keep it open past that and/ or reopen it when SWGE opens.

Yeah, idk where the person on the site got their info, so I guess we will see... I'm sure they will do what they want anyway based on need/demand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter