Pizza Planet

Is pizza planet really good?
To put it simply,

NO The venue is adorable and once you've eaten there, perhaps like us, even your children won't want to eat there! Boboli crust thick nasty sauce and fake cheese! It's really a shame because it's so representative of the movie, why can't Disney offer better QS food at DHS! For QS, between ABC Commisarry and Pizza Planet, I'd rather go hungry! There's a reason Starring Rolls runs out of sandwiches, not enough decent QS options!

the pizza is nothing special but good. we've eaten here on our 2 previous trips and we have it penciled in for our upcoming trip also. both my boys like it and ask to go there

tammilynne said:
the pizza is nothing special but good. we've eaten here on our 2 previous trips and we have it penciled in for our upcoming trip also. both my boys like it and ask to go there

My sentiments exactly. I'm sure we'll be eating here again on the next trip. My kids love it. The pizza is okay, I've had better and worse. It gets really packed at lunchtime so hit it early or mid afternoon. Otherwise, you'll be fighting for a table.

The pizza is edible if forgettable. The kids love eating here so we eat here everytime. I enjoy the air conditioning. ABC Commissary sucks and I've eaten there tons of time because air conditioning wins out.

I had the antipasto salad and it was very god. The cappuccino cupcake was awesome though! Best of all in the hot humid weather it was one of the most air conditioned spots. Neck and cool!;)

We always seems to eat here once per visit. I think the pizza is okay. My DS likes the pizza. Cupcake is great.

It does not resemble Pizza Planet from Toy Story, so you aren't disappointed.

The pizza is the same as other QS pizza. Although, this pizza is made up in mass amounts and left under heat lights which is why some might not be fond of it. We like WDW pizza so we didn't think the food was terrible.

Our biggest gripe was the lack of seating in the place. We could not find an empty table and ended up eating on the brick wall outside.. in 90 degree temps :crazy2:

It's decent enough. The pizza is just so-so, but I think way better than the food court pizza, which I think is terrible. The salads are nice, and the cupcake is wonderful (but the Butterfinger one at starring roles is even better.). To us, it is definitely better than any other QS option at DHS except Starring Roles. Just wish Starring Roles had longer hours.

We always head upstairs in the dining room and never have trouble finding a seat.

Our kids have had 4 trips in the past years mostly dxdp so they have been to all the character meals, CRT, ohana, hddr, sig rests, luau, almost everywhere special and very little cs. We broke down and took them to Pizza Planet on our last trip.

It was the one place they all remember and said they want to make sure we go again. They all 3 still talk about it almost a year later, both the food and setting.

DH found it to be ok.

The pizza isn't horrible like most will say on here! It is far from being the best pizza ever, but good pizza is a relative word!

It is way better than the corporate pizza chains. We eat here every time we visit HS (tradition? prollly)

Whether it be hunger or its decent pizza, it always gets finished. The veggie pizzas is always fresh and the antipasta salad was good last time as well.

If your family is on a budget, you can order just the pizza without the small side salad and save $2 on each pizza

If your kids are Toy Story fans, they will still like the inside even though it is not a replica of Pizza Planet from the movie

Go to Pizza Planet! Enjoy the pizza, enjoy the air conditioning, enjoy the close proximity of the bathrooms!

Really? That place is huge - did you look upstairs? :confused3

Yep we did. The upstairs isn't that big either. We were there around one so it's our own fault for going during lunch hour, but it certainly doesn't have the seating capacity of a Cosmic Rays type place.

nkereina said:
Wait! What?! It doesn't?! That's why we wanna go here!

No, it doesn't. It does have an arcade but I wouldn't say its designed to look like the one in the movie. Kind of like Cheers in Boston... the inside does not look like the TV show at all!

DS6 loves it....a lot. I think its just because of the name. He always wants to eat there. Pizza.....just ok. I find the sub pretty good and the salad VERY good. Now, our last trip....this place stood out because of the great CM that took our order. DS6 wanted peperoni and only cheese was on the kids menu. She told him of course he could have one and asked if he wanted a salad too. He did. When I asked about peanut safe dessert she "found" DS about 5 or 6 peanut safe packs of cookies for later. We were the only ones eating upstairs last trip, early on a busy day and it was quite nice.

This is one of my boys favorite places to eat. We usually bring the kids to eat here and once they are done we let the sitter take them to play at the HISTK playground while we eat at the Brown Derby. It is definitely not the worst or best pizza I have ever eaten but it is a must do for my boys. They eat pizza and then play a few games at the arcade.

I read all posts about how bad the pizza was, but I'm a firm believer in trying things for myself. So we went last year and our party of 10 thought it was great pizza. I don't know why people say it's not good?!?!
We were shocked. We totally expected it to be nasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter