• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirates League

PrincessSophiasMom

Mouseketeer
Who has done Pirates League with their kiddos? DD is 7 and every year she usually dresses up as a princess. I wanted to do something different with her this year and thought this would be something fun. She loved pirate night on our last Disney cruise. I really don't know much about it other then she can pick a pirate or a mermaid and they paint her face. Also, how long does this usually take? Any input or past experiences you could share would be great!!!

My DS has done it twice. I would allow at least an hour as it's a bit of an immersive experience. After you check-in, you wait until they call you up to get your "pirate name", you then wait again for an empty chair to get your face painted. You then wait again to go into the special room where they take your picture. They have different packages to choose from (like BBB). There's just, IMHO, a lot of waiting involved to get the name, the face painting chair, the picture room. It was a bit of a time kill, IMHO. If she would just like her face painted, there are some great face painting places all over the parks. Also, if your DD loved pirate night, you may want to consider one of the kids' only pirate adventures from some of the resorts. My DS has done the one from GF and from YC. He preferred the one from YC as the kids actually go into WS EP before it opens and look for treasure. They also get a lot of pirate treasure at the end of the cruise. He much preferred this interactive activity over Pirate's League.

My kids all did PL this year. My DD7 and DD8 have each done BBB twice. But DD8 was a little over it last year. She liked getting her hair and nails done but just brought a sundress to not be so princessy. I thought they were both going to want to be mermaids but they were way more into the empress package and did that. My DH said they looked like they were getting a day at the spa. It was a less crowded more laid back experience than bbb for us and we didn't have much waiting (11 am on Sun). One thing to note is that with the heavy eye liner they will look older (the CM apologized to my DH :teeth:) which is definitely different than the cute as pie bbb look.

Both of them liked the experience better than bbb for what it's worth. Also if you do it, try to hit Pirate Tutorial afterward. DD8 and DS4 (who did the Jake package) got picked and it was lots of fun.

We done the Pirates League in October 2016 and we had a blast . We are going to do it again when we go back in 2018.
Disney%20World%204647_1.jpeg

Pirates.Leag..jpg My DD (5 at the time) did Pirates League last year. She had done BBB twice before so we decided to try something different. She did the mermaid package. They call you in to change- we bought the outfit -and then she got her pirate name and signed the book and took the oath. We didn't have a wait to get a chair where they painted her face, nails, and did her hair (with a small clip). We did have to wait a bit to go into the room to get the pictures. It was fun. Overall, my DD said she liked it better than BBB. To me at BBB, the focus is the hair although they do some make-up. At PL, the focus is the make-up although they pulled her hair back with a small clip.

Very late on this, but I had it open on my browser so I'm going to post anyway. LOL I booked Pirates League for my daughter last year. She's a super girly girl and I though she would want to do the mermaid makeover or the Empress. Nope. She insisted on the pirate skull.

Attachments

• 15137484_10211512497316201_2680016885073975025_o.jpg
    15137484_10211512497316201_2680016885073975025_o.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 15
My boys loved it two years ago. Also, it's a way cheaper and faster option for girls than doing the boutique, and I'm guessing they'll have just as much fun being mermaids. Would do it again.

Do you have to book the specific package ahead of time, or can they choose when they get there?

Want it to be a surprise, but want kids to be able to pic their favorite. Not sure how to accomplish that without spoiling surprise.

Very late on this, but I had it open on my browser so I'm going to post anyway. LOL I booked Pirates League for my daughter last year. She's a super girly girl and I though she would want to do the mermaid makeover or the Empress. Nope. She insisted on the pirate skull.
Do you have to book the specific package ahead of time, or can they choose when they get there?

Want it to be a surprise, but want kids to be able to pic their favorite. Not sure how to accomplish that without spoiling surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter