Pirates Closed for Refurbishment: 2/26/18 - 3/18/18

It's closed when I go as well in early March. But I figured that there was a very high chance of this when I booked. They weren't going to do it during the summer, and they were waiting for Splash to reopen. POTC is one of my favorites, but I did just see it in DL, so I'm not that bummed. It's basically just confirming what I expected- that it'd be closed during my trip.

I probably should have anticipated it, but I thought if it were going down, it would reopen by the second week of March, when Spring Break crowds begin to swell. That's when we have our trip.

We just did POTC at Disneyland as well. Absolutely loved it! pirate:

Rode it today so glad I got to see the Redhead scene one last time. I was always a fan of the redhead scene since I am a busty redhead myself.

The scene never bothered me because everything about the ride is cartoonishly over-the-top. They're pirates. It's all fun and silliness.

That said, I know others feel differently, and it's a tough call for Disney to make.

Glad we'll be there to see the redhead scene again before it closes. The scene never bothered me either

Disney will be taking the opportunity to overhaul the famous/infamous "Redhead" scene: http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/11/08/pirates-caribbean-closing-refurbishment-early-2018/

And of course it coincides with our March vacation . . . :sad:
It always seems to be that way, no matter how much you plan. It would be nice to see Disney extend and increase the quality and use of special effects as well. This is a classic but does definitely lack in comparison to the Disneyland version.

I’m a little upset about this. I didn’t know it was coming and we are taking our 9 yo niece for her first trip. I’ve been on potc before and thought it would be a good ride for her to experience. I hope nothing else closes.

This is during our vacation as well, and during the time we are doing DAH. I was really looking forward to experiencing this as a mostly empty ride. We go often, so not a big deal, but the overall reason for the refurb is absolutely ridiculous.

Noooo! It was closed on our Sep 2015 trip as well and we are going mar4-10. So bummed as it was such a fun family ride for all 6 of us. Oh well there's always next trip.

Noooo! It was closed on our Sep 2015 trip as well and we are going mar4-10. So bummed as it was such a fun family ride for all 6 of us. Oh well there's always next trip.
I’m okay with it because I’ve been on it but it’s sad that my niece won’t get to experience it. I’m not sure if she will ever get to go back to Dw.

Nooooooo, that is to bad. Going with my mother, who only was once at DLP 20years ago and who still has slightly memories on the queue and ride PotC there, in early march and I thought, it would be brilliant to ride it 20 years later again at her one and only WDW-trip. Hope they don't close any more rides or shows, I suppose she would enjoy...

I've always missed the "one last ride" for a lot of old favorites. Glad to know my January trip will afford me the chance to say my farewells to the original Redhead.

Bummer! One of our favorites and we'll be there the week of March 4-10 as well. Thanks for the news. At least Splash is open-that's one we haven't ridden before.

Bummer! One of our favorites and we'll be there the week of March 4-10 as well. Thanks for the news. At least Splash is open-that's one we haven't ridden before.
We'll be there right before you! We are going Feb 27-March 4. I already had to move things around because Cinderella's Royal Table is getting refurbished almost the exact same dates of our trip. It's kind of weird it worked out that way.

We'll be there when it's down also. So glad we saw it in June but was really looking forward to riding it just me and dh since this is a couples trip. We'll find other things to explore but was really looking forward to seeing one last time before the change. :(

Ah, glad to hear it will be back open in time for our trip.

Also, I'm quite certain that the redhead will still be there, everyone! So, no need to say "goodbye" to her.. It's mostly just a "reskin" of the scene, from what I gather from the concept art.

The scene never bothered me because everything about the ride is cartoonishly over-the-top. They're pirates. It's all fun and silliness.

I agree with that. The modification is silly in my opinion. Everybody is offended by everything these days. Nothing about the ride is real.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter