• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate Dinner Adventure?

Has anyone attended this yet? I was wondering how it compares to the Medieval Times dinner?

I haven't attended either one but a co-worker's family went to the Pirate Dinner for a family outing (birthday celebration) about a month ago and she reported that they had a great time.

Michael

I've heard from a friend that the pirates interact with the audience much more than the knights at Medieval Times. The audience becomes more involved in the show. I've got to be honest I wasn't a big fan of medieval times I felt very rushed throughout our meal and my party paid $25 to have the king read my name. Well, I wasn't the only one and it was like at auctioneer speed, lol. I felt like they wanted us in and out.

I've yet to try pirates but it sounds like the less crowded, more interactive dinner, looking forward to it in the future. pirate:

I havn't gone yet but plan to take my DBF there for his birthday in July. I hope it's better than Medevial Times. He hated that. must have had something to do with the smell horse doo doo while you eat with your hands.:scared:

Im not sure how the Pirate show would work. I mean I saw pics and it has a big pirate ship or something in the center of the arena and I was like HUH! How does this work? A stationary ship with a bunch of pirates running around. I would still wanna try it. I loved Medieval times, but I wonder if this show would succeed it. Im gonna have to wait to try it when I go with friends, cause im going back to Anaheim in june but with my parents and my mom HATES pirates. :confused3

Im not sure how the Pirate show would work. I mean I saw pics and it has a big pirate ship or something in the center of the arena and I was like HUH! How does this work? A stationary ship with a bunch of pirates running around. I would still wanna try it. I loved Medieval times, but I wonder if this show would succeed it. Im gonna have to wait to try it when I go with friends, cause im going back to Anaheim in june but with my parents and my mom HATES pirates. :confused3

It's set up similar to Medieval Times where there is stadium seating in an oval shape. There is a stationary pirate ship in the middle with water around it. They also use little paddle boats in the water around the ship. There are also big masts on the ship and lots of ropes. They are able to do a lot of stuff.

They also have some audience participation activites. I've been to both Medieval Times and the Pirates show a few times, I like them both. I may like Pirates a little better.

We went to the Pirates show back in March for my dd's birthday. We sat in the front row, and had a great view. The only mishap during the show was when the pirates were chasing another pirate, and when they climbed up the rope ladder they knocked over the water pitcher on my dd's friend - right into her plate of food. (I was a little annoyed that I had to flag someone down after several minutes to dry up the spill, and then had to flag someone again after a few minutes to pick up the water-laden plate.)

Other than that, it was fun. My dd & her boyfriend had a great time. My 19-yr old ds thought it was a little lame.

So, if you have a group of friends who like to get involved and have a good time, then you should enjoy the show. There were plenty of songs we could sing to, and there was a lot of audience participation, in my opinion.

I have been to this one!:goodvibes They even had me partcipate with the purple dude. :eek: There was a lot to be desired.:sad2: Of course, it was like three years ago too, so they could have improved since then, I guess.:dance3:

^_^

Can someone tell me where this is and where I can get more information on it? We're going to DL at the end of the week to celebrate DS's birthday and he would love this.

Nevermind, I found the information.

It's set up similar to Medieval Times where there is stadium seating in an oval shape. There is a stationary pirate ship in the middle with water around it. They also use little paddle boats in the water around the ship. There are also big masts on the ship and lots of ropes. They are able to do a lot of stuff.

They also have some audience participation activites. I've been to both Medieval Times and the Pirates show a few times, I like them both. I may like Pirates a little better.

WOW thanks for the update. I am sure it really is a great show, I just wasnt sure how it works. I figured there had to be water around the boat. I really like the idea of the audience participation.

We went for my sons 7th birthday last year. The kids LOVED IT! There was a ton of interaction. The food was decent.

I liked it better than Mideveil times.

I suggest getting there early to take advantage of the appetizers they offer.

How is the food? I've never done either, but was thinking of MT as DD is thinking she's too old for a character meal. I want the food to be at least decent, as expensive as these shows are.

We have done both although not in southern calif.
Did Medieval Times in NJ and Pirate Dinner show in Orlando.
LOVED pirates show..HATED medieval times. JMO

We did MT in May 06 and enjoed it, but my inlaws paid. I'm not sure I would have liked it as much if it had been my CC.:lmao: The food was good, and eating with your hands was kind of fun. My youngest DD 7 loved it, she even tried things she would normally turn her nose up at. Everyone including cranky FIL liked the show. He hated DL, and tolerated CA.

I would like to try the Pirates one, just to see the difference, but I've heard (read) mixed reviews on the food. Taking my Mom this time. If we don't get hooked up with Club 33 through DH company then this might be our splurge dinner.

I have had a few friends go and they said it was ok. It would be worth the hundred bucks to take a date but it is definitely not worth the money it would cost a family of 4 to go.

Is it at all appropriate for a 3 year old? A 3 year old who likes shouting and pirates?

I like the idea of it more, and their website indicates a vegetarian dinner option, while Medieval Times does not...(I'm sure they have one, they just don't state it outright).

We went to the show in April. Had a blast! Totally recommend getting the upgraded tickets. They are only $10 more and so very worth it! All 5 of us had a blast and it was worth EVERY single penny!

we are going to midevil on nov 30th for my bday. we loved arabion nights.

where is the pirets one what is it like?

We made our reservations last night online. What is the upgrade?:confused: There was no mention of that at the website.

We did the upgrade too....
It put you in the front row..I think you got something extra like a hat or something (its been awhile...) but the big extra was at the end the pirates take all the kids from the front row and give them props and they join the show. My kids LOVED it. I think they were about 6 and 8 when we went.
My younger son was a pirate fanatic...and this was before the Pirates movies came out and it became "hot"..I bet it is even better now. I am acutally heading to orlando in a few weeks and maybe we should go again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter