• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate and Princess Party

mummabear

DIS Veteran
Do they still do these or was it a one off? If so what time of year is it normally done?

Sorry. The Pirate and Princess party was only done in 2008. There were plans to hold it again the following year, but they were scrapped.

Long gone..It simply was not as popular or profitable to Disney as the holiday parties.

We LOVED the Pirate and Princess Party! We added a day to the start of our vacation to be able to enjoy one of the scheduled nights. All five of us dressed up as Pirates. We got to walk on to every ride with less than 5 minutes waits. The parade was more fun than any other parade on site! And personally, my hubby and I felt like the firework story/show was even better than Wishes (something that I thought would never happen with me).

We have a daughter and sons, and this was a party that appealed to both genders. We were horribly disappointed to find out that they did not have it again the next couple of years. We ended up cancelling our next 10 day vacation, and going to the beach, instead of waiting in the spring break lines. I guess we got spoiled on the mild crowds there at the party. We actually have not been back since then as a family...so any Disney "spies" out there, LOL, here is a family that would book a vacation immediately, if this party was offered again!!!

I think that the particular dates that it was offered contributed to its' demise. We had to take the kids out of school to go to one, which it just not possible for a lot of people. Great memories for us!

I'm bummed that it was one time only thing, too. We have a son and a daughter and I know they would love this. Maybe in the future, so for now they'll be dressing up as pirates for MNSSHP. Can't wait!:cool1:

People loved it because it was not insanely packed.

Disney prefers it parties to be insanely packed.

It was great while it lasted.

:eek:
Sorry. The Pirate and Princess party was only done in 2008. There were plans to hold it again the following year, but they were scrapped.

I am pretty sure the pirate and princess party was also held in 2007. We went for my son's birthday in February that year and that's when we attended the party.

I am pretty sure the pirate and princess party was also held in 2007. We went for my son's birthday in February that year and that's when we attended the party.

That is correct. It debuted in very early 2007. I know I got info on it before our early march 07 trip and attended while we were there. We also attended in January 08 then attended what we didn't know at the time was the last one ever on 6-4-08.

And personally, my hubby and I felt like the firework story/show was even better than Wishes (something that I thought would never happen with me).

Yes, the firworks were awesome! We were at the first party of 2008. They did nearly the same fireworks show for the summer "Nightastic" fireworks every night the summer of (I think) 2010. So, there is always a chance they could do those firewoks again- say for a limited time magic or something.

Yes, the firworks were awesome! We were at the first party of 2008. They did nearly the same fireworks show for the summer "Nightastic" fireworks every night the summer of (I think) 2010. So, there is always a chance they could do those firewoks again- say for a limited time magic or something.

Yes, the "Nightastic" fireworks were very similar, almost identical! During the "Nightastic" fireworks my son commented that they were just like the firework show for the P&P party. I had forgotten about that! Can't believe it was already that long ago, 2010 seems such a long time ago! But I believe your right, it was 2010. My DH came in for his two week R&R from Iraq and we went to Disney that summer. Time sure does fly!

mom2rtk said:
That is correct. It debuted in very early 2007. I know I got info on it before our early march 07 trip and attended while we were there. We also attended in January 08 then attended what we didn't know at the time was the last one ever on 6-4-08.

We were at the one on 6-4-08 too, and also didn't know it would be the last.

I'm really glad we got to do it once at least, we all went in costume and it was a blast! I don't know why it wouldn't have been more popular- the theme appealed to me a lot more than the holiday parties, it just felt more "Disney".

Would be there in a heartbeat if they offered it again!

Actually... they are sold to a much lower capacity than a typical operating day. A "Sold Out" Party will never be as crowded as park capacity can hold.

I've actually been to many hard ticket parties, including a number of sold out ones. I do understand that they sell far fewer tickets than regular park capacity. But on a regular park day, crowds are pretty evenly dispersed throughout the park. At a hard ticket party, most people spend their time doing the things they can't do on a regular park day. The focus of the evening for many is the parade, fireworks and special shows. As such, a far greater percentage of the guests in the park are all in the same area..... Main Street.

If you attend a sold out party and do rides, the lines won't be long. If you attend a sold out party and want to hang out on Main Street, it will FEEL like a sold out party. And none of the Pirate and Princess parties we attended were anything like the sold out Christmas parties we attended.

April 16, 2008! It was such a great party! So bummed they don't have it anymore. Great for everyone, boys and girls. The parade was terrific too.

We went in 2008, and it had the best parade and fireworks I've ever seen at Disney - even better than at the MVMCP. It's too bad it wasn't more popular. I would love to go again.

It was definatly on in 2008, we were there (at wdw not the party) before we had kids, now I would love to take the girls, oh well....

We went in April 2008 and had a fantastic time. The parade and fireworks were incredible! For a long time I believed the fireworks to be better then Wishes too.

We attended in May 2008 and had a wonderful time. We were so sad to not see it return. It was a great excuse for a spring trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter