Pin Trading and Vlynimation

Jazzabelle508

DIS Veteran
So I'm leaving for disneyland tomorrow and I was just wondering if Vlynimation is a thing at Disneyland as well as at Disney World? I know that pin trading happens at both parks but I didn't know if the same was true with vlynimation.

I haven't been to WDW, but I have heard that pin trading is much bigger there than at DLR. That being said there is still plenty of pin trading that goes on at DLR. Similarly there is vinylmation trading that goes on, but it's not a huge obvious thing. There are a bunch of set locations where it occurs and you can trade at each location once per day. I'm probably forgetting some of the spots, but this is where vinylmation trading was available when we were last there: Disneyana on Main Street (clear box), Emporium on Main Street (blind box), Star Trader in Tomorrowland (clear box), Five and Dime in ToonTown (clear box), pin shop in New Orleans Square (clear box), Fly 'n Buy in Condor Flats (DCA) (clear box), Off the Page in Hollywoodland (DCA) (blind box), Tower of Terror gift shop (DCA) (clear and blind box), World of Disney (DtD) (blind box), and D Street (DtD) (clear and blind box). I expect someplace on Buena Vista Street and someplace in Carlsand will also have trading. Emporium, World of Disney, and D Street seem to offer trading only at certain times of the day, and it's not clear to me if there is any set schedule.

vinylmation is traded but not as big as WDW. Previous poster has pretty much all spots covered. most places are not clear where the trade boxes are and some like emporium have them below the counter. also, only the paradise pier hotel has trading.

Pin trading feels like it is everywhere especially when you consider the amount of vinyl trading that goes on

I was there a few weeks ago and Vinylmation trading has definitely decreased. The best places in DL were the Disneyana shop on Main Street (5 or six in the display counter), Star Trader (8 or so in a star speeder), and the shop across from Jungle Cruise (two clear boxes). I didn't see anything in the Emporium or at World of Disney. There were a lot of the same ones; especially the mad/ugly guy from one of the Urban series. The D-Street store doeesn't always have their blind/clear traders out - they told me to come back in the afternoon (but I didn't get back there).

I was there a few weeks ago and Vinylmation trading has definitely decreased. The best places in DL were the Disneyana shop on Main Street (5 or six in the display counter), Star Trader (8 or so in a star speeder), and the shop across from Jungle Cruise (two clear boxes). I didn't see anything in the Emporium or at World of Disney. There were a lot of the same ones; especially the mad/ugly guy from one of the Urban series. The D-Street store doeesn't always have their blind/clear traders out - they told me to come back in the afternoon (but I didn't get back there).

Forgot about the Adventureland spot. They took away the trading place in Frontierland sometime in the last two months. We've usually had to ask at the Emporium; they definitely don't make it obvious. The D Street trading has always been only at set times that they generally refuse to disclose. :confused3 I do agree that the trading seems to have decreased, and my boys were a little disappointed. We generally find our trading opportunities and experiences to be be best at DCA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter