Pin Collecting/Trading for an adult

Stacy's a freak

wrangles snakes
We are going to Disney in the fall and I couldn't be more excited. I have been hearing about the pin collecting/trading and I thought this might be yet another way to enjoy myself (like I need any more ways). But it seems a bit pricey. Does anyone have some good tips about pin collecting?

I would love to hear any and all advice about how the trading works (with CMs or other guests), how many I should have to start, finding some inexpensive pins, and where I should get them and a lanyard to boot.

Yes, I am truly inexperienced in this area so I would love any tips that you might think of. Thanks! :teeth:

You should post your questions on the Disney Collectors forum; that's where the pin traders hang out.

Also check out www.dizpins.com and www.pinpics.com. I'm also new to pin collecting/trading and those two sites are very helpful. Another site is www.odpt.com for general pin trading info and etiquette.

Happy trading!

One of our Disney stores had the pins for 75% off. I bought many pins for $1.12, and some for 60 cents for my kids to trade!

Be careful...it's very addictive! I started a couple of years ago when I was at a work related seminar in Orlando (didn't get to go to WDW). When I was leaving I saw a pin rack in TDS at the airport and the rest is history.

Thanks for the responses. I have posted in the collectors board also and I'm sure I will be an avid collector after just browsing the sites you suggested.

Thanks! :jester:

You can get inexpensive pins at cheappins.com. The three disney outlets in orlando area also sell pins at a cheaper rate. I have been checking with the Disney store in my area but they don't have any more pins. They were selling them at 75% off. Best way is try to get as many pins at a cheap rate and then trade those. Disney sells the pins for about $6 a piece and that can get very expensive. Pin trading is very addictive.

My DH and myself were in a Disney Store in January and saw some pins at 50% off. We only bought 3 kinda cheesy ones and now I feel like I let a good thing get away.

I could just kick myself - but I'm just not that limber.:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter