• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pie That Brownie, Fruitcake! Updated Post #1832 - The End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brenda - off the top of my head I will say that we really enjoy Coral Reef. I think their lunches may be better these days than their dinners, but we have never had a bad meal there. There is sometimes a wait. We have always thought it was worth the wait.

Yikes! I take a day off the boards and I miss the start of your TR! I knew there was a reason the computer was calling to me this morning. Brenda your dining choices look great and you have a few that are new to us also, so I'll be waiting to hear your reviews. :goodvibes

I'm in! And by the way, I was ridiculously excited to see that you have started your pre-trippie! I really need to get a life!:lmao:

Late to the party as usual but at least I'll be at the right party on the 17th :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Your dining looks fantastic and I can't wait to read about each and every meal (and wish I was there a few more days so I could have joined you at Il Mulino since I haven't gotten there yet).

I loved waking up this morning and finding this!

I am so sorry I won't be in Disney on the 17th to enjoy your party with you and all the other friendies.

:wizard: We are in and can't wait for more!

Really?? We all can't go now?? I am too excited!:banana:

Excellent!!

Great to see you are planning another F&WF adventure. Send the updates, ramblings, and plans this way when ready. I loved the Flanders and Captain McAllister comments. Question: What is the basis for the title?? Is there a back story??

Also, very excited to see you planning to tackle some new territory, namely Il Mulino, Fresh, and The Yachtsman. But, admittedly, I am most excited about the WSAD II. :banana: I will have bail money set aside, just in case the is any 'unpleasantness'.... :lmao:

Rob

OF course I am in!!
I am still hoping to see you somehow on the 23rd when we arrive..my eyes will be peeled for a bendy and jay sighting!
your line up sounds GREAT! :)

I've got Coral Reef too, in September on the Overhyped Disney Restaurant Tour. It's nuts because it's like a cave in there and lately it is full of what a friend of mine calls the "small screaming people." But I have lunch there because I want to try the blackened catfish.

You're doing Yak&Yeti for the first time too? It seems like it's been getting better reviews lately so that's what got me interested.

And I'll really be looking forward to your Yachtsman Steakhouse review. Artist Point and Yachtsman lost out on my signature dinner list this trip, so I have to save them for another time.

And you weren't kidding when you said you had a lot of ADRs.:eek:

I'M LATE!!!

Amazing how quickly time flies!!! I didn't know you had Crohns... My SIL and DH's friend have Crohns... it is a crappy disease, to put it bluntly! Glad you're not letting it rule you!

I can't wait to read all about your gastric adventures! (we'll definitely meet up on the 23rd, when we begin ours! Can't wait! :banana:)

71 days for us!

You're doing Yak&Yeti for the first time too? It seems like it's been getting better reviews lately so that's what got me interested.

Tried it last year for lunch and the food was pretty *meh* for our group. Not bad, but not great, esp for the price. It's a shame, because I LOVED the theming, and the service was excellent. I really wanted to love it, but thought it was just ok. Maybe it has improved?:confused3

Am I still hallucinating on pain killers or am I witnessing yet another Bendy Food Extravaganza???? :banana::banana::banana:

(I have to go back to bed...:rotfl2:)

Your line up looks great! I'm hoping to try Kouzzina's for dinner when we stay at Boardwalk next year. Did you see their drink line up? Yum! :

Cat's Ouzo-tini
Cat's personal recipe features Absolut Vodka, Metaxa Ouzo, Pineapple Juice, fresh Lime Juice, and Pomegranate served in a Sugar-rimmed Martini Glass Shaken and served table side

Pomegranate Splash
Citrus Vodka, PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur, and Cranberry Juice topped with Soda Water

Greek Island Iced Tea
Citrus Vodka, Rum, Gin, Metaxa Ouzo and Sweet-and-Sour topped with a splash of Coca-Cola

Kouzzina-rita
Organic Blanco Tequila, Agave Nectar, fresh Lime Juice, and a shot of PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur

Sparkling Poinsetta
Domaine Spiropoulos Greek Sparkling Wine with a splash of PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur

Sangria
Kouzzina house blend Sangria served by the Glass or Pitcher

I have drool on my keyboard just reading it, trying the Ouzo-tini for sure!

Don't "know" you like many of the other posters, but I have read your other reports and love love love them. I am looking forward to this one. No WDW trip for us this year but we have a good reason. About the time you are enjoying your imbibe fest I should be having a baby. Drink one for me will ya?????? Just reading the drinks in the pp was killing me. I also think "breakfast" on the 20th looks good. Have a great time and I look forward to living vicariously through your report.

"Go Bendy. It's your birthday, Go Bendy"

:banana:
Love me some Brenda and Jay food reports.
Sorry that we won't be there at the same time, but it gives me something to look forward to when I get back :surfweb:

Cathy

Hey lady!

I'm in!! Looking forward to seeing you and Jay also during that time!!

Hi Jeanne! Thanks for stopping in - we're looking forward to seeing you and Marcel this year, too! :goodvibes

AAHHH! I am late to this fantastic party of drinking, eating, drinking some more, snacking, having another drink, meeting up with other Disers, oh and did I say drinking? After all that is our favorite part of Disney right?

The only thing is that I have to miss it this year! Bummer that we are going at different times again but hey, please leave me some of that yummy raspberry cocktail thing from the Poland stand at the F&W ok? I know you looove it so but try to control yourself :rotfl:

Hope you guys have a fantastic time, cannot wait to read, and drool, all about it!

Hiya Nicki! I was really hoping we were going to overlap this year, but it was not meant to be ... maybe the fates were afraid between you and Todd and me and Jay that there would be no alcohol left? :laughing:

As for the "beverage" in Poland ... in the words of Frodo Baggins ... "I wish that drink had never come to me." :lmao:

October 18th:
lunch at Sci-Fi
dinner at Victoria & Allbert's

This is an interesting combination - I'll be dying to hear which one you liked best :rotfl2:

Yep ... it does look strange, doesn't it? But that's where Guest X and Guest Y wanted to dine after they check in Sunday. Jay and I figure we'll just have ourselves some alcoholic milkshakes and split an order of fries.

We think the only way V&A could be better is if they showed the cheesy B clips from Sci-Fi in their dining room! :rotfl2:

We also are subject to family for five days of our October trip... my white zindandel swilling SIL who told me a few weeks ago at a family event "oh, you're having fruit for dessert instead of ice cream cake - that's good" and her husband who wants to know in advance what particular lens to use for his camera each day he's at DW so he can take his usual 5,000 pictures and is a teetotaler - lots of F&W fun to be had!

I have no one to blame but myself. :laughing: And I don't really mean that the way it sounds ... it's just that we wanted to do something nice and we did ... but then we forgot that means we have to worry about other people now (and can't book that signature dinner at the Wave that we wanted to try). No good deed goes unpunished, right? :lmao:

Brenda - off the top of my head I will say that we really enjoy Coral Reef. I think their lunches may be better these days than their dinners, but we have never had a bad meal there. There is sometimes a wait. We have always thought it was worth the wait.

Thanks for the input, Elin.

I'm in! And by the way, I was ridiculously excited to see that you have started your pre-trippie! I really need to get a life!:lmao:

I'm pretty sure I need a life, too ... nine weeks out from vacation and I'm already dreaming of food. :laughing:

Yikes! I take a day off the boards and I miss the start of your TR! I knew there was a reason the computer was calling to me this morning. Brenda your dining choices look great and you have a few that are new to us also, so I'll be waiting to hear your reviews. :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in, Alison! We're looking forward to trying some new places on this trip ... I hope they live up to our expectations. :thumbsup2

Late to the party as usual but at least I'll be at the right party on the 17th :woohoo:

Your dining looks fantastic and I can't wait to read about each and every meal (and wish I was there a few more days so I could have joined you at Il Mulino since I haven't gotten there yet).

No one is ever late to this party ... remember, it never ends! Can't wait to see you in October!

I loved waking up this morning and finding this!

I am so sorry I won't be in Disney on the 17th to enjoy your party with you and all the other friendies.

Welcome aboard! It's too bad you can't join us, but we'll be thinking about ya! And we'll take good pictures. :goodvibes

:wizard: We are in and can't wait for more!

Really?? We all can't go now?? I am too excited!:banana:

Hiya Chelsi! :goodvibes I feel the same way ... can't we just fast forward to October, magically dropping twenty pounds at the same time? :laughing:

Excellent!!

Great to see you are planning another F&WF adventure. Send the updates, ramblings, and plans this way when ready. I loved the Flanders and Captain McAllister comments. Question: What is the basis for the title?? Is there a back story??

Welcome Mr. Scorpio! I finally chose this title because it's just so silly, especially when taken out of context. Remember the Pie Man episode? That was just on Tuesday night and I couldn't get "Pie that Brownie, Fruitcake!" out of my head. I think it strikes just the right tone of total nonsensical gibberish that's perfect for me and my reviews. :rotfl2:

Also, very excited to see you planning to tackle some new territory, namely Il Mulino, Fresh, and The Yachtsman. But, admittedly, I am most excited about the WSAD II. :banana: I will have bail money set aside, just in case the is any 'unpleasantness'.... :lmao:

Rob

Well, you are partly to blame for our choosing some of those new places, so thanks in advance (we hope!).

And we are very pumped about WSAD II ... we've been training all summer!

yay another food report from Bendy! So what resort are you staying at this time?

Hiya! We're at the Beach Club Villas this time, so lots of easy access to Epcot! Thanks for joining us!

OF course I am in!!
I am still hoping to see you somehow on the 23rd when we arrive..my eyes will be peeled for a bendy and jay sighting!
your line up sounds GREAT! :)

Hi Gina! Thanks for stopping by - we will have to work something out on the 23rd ... it's a moral imperative!

I've got Coral Reef too, in September on the Overhyped Disney Restaurant Tour. It's nuts because it's like a cave in there and lately it is full of what a friend of mine calls the "small screaming people." But I have lunch there because I want to try the blackened catfish.

I'll be waiting to hear what you think about it. :thumbsup2

I might ask them not to put me next to the fish tank just because of a post someone made a while back about how a kid came up and CLIMBED UP ON THEIR TABLE. :eek:They asked the father to remove the kid and he said "She just wants to see the fish." Then he squeezed in between the poster's chair and the chair behind theirs to take pictures. Yikes. Nobody better try that on me. :headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter