• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures of your "mickey money" savings containers

arwood82

DIS Veteran
So we have finally decided on dates ( September 2015). Now it is time to start saving for our Disney trip. My boys and I are going to make a savings jar for all of our change. I would love to see pictures of everyones change jars to get some ideas.

I don't have one to share, but there are LOTS of these ideas and pictures on Pinterest! FWIW, I use a WDW popcorn bucket for my change.....................P

I don't have a mickey money container. I just use an old coffee container to hold my loose change/bills.

I don't have a photo, but I bought a jar at hobby lobby and some scrap book stickers that had Mickey silhouettes in black and words that said things like " magic, disney, fun, " ect. I used those to decorate it.

Love the poster above's idea of using a WDW bucket.

I saw that one of the popcorn places supposedly sells a souvenir Dumbo popcorn bucket. I want one but didn't feel like I could do anything with it at home. Using it to save our $ for the next trip is just the justification I needed! haha

if your looking for some great designs to put on a jar go to 'Disney Designs by Minnie Mad Mum' on facebook. they have tons of ideas. really talented stuff.

No idea how to attach a photo. I have a 3d photo box/frame that I have hung near our entry. On the top I used a dremmel to cut a coin slot. Inside I pasted an old MCO plane ticket, part of a MK map, etc. Spare change goes in daily.

I read on Pinterest that If you save dimes in a liter soda bottle it would equal just under $700. I have my bottle and at least $40 in dimes in it. Im going September 2015 to so my savings are in full speed!

Sorry. Mine is just a candy jar that I started throwing change into before our first family trip. I've never done anything special. However, I really want a Christmas Mickey popcorn bucket now.

I plan to make one in the next couple of days.

One or two quart mason jar
small bottle chalk paint
1 piece chalk
one mickey head shape

paint a chalk board on front of the jar.
let dry
trace Mickey head on chalk board and write
"My Disney Fund" "Disney Money"

something like this
(not mine just an example)

Hugs Mel

No idea how to attach a photo. I have a 3d photo box/frame that I have hung near our entry. On the top I used a dremmel to cut a coin slot. Inside I pasted an old MCO plane ticket, part of a MK map, etc. Spare change goes in daily.

LOVE this idea!!!!!! I was at Kohl's earlier this week doing a return and decided to spend a few minutes browsing the markdowns. I saw a picture frame like the one you describe.... but it had a wine label design inside and was intended to hold your discarded wine corks. We don't drink wine, but I KNEW that there HAD to be another use for that frame... I went back and forth thinking about Legos, sea shells, etc, but couldn't come up with the perfect idea, so I didn't buy it. Now I want to go back and get it!!! I won't be going into town today, but maybe it will still be there in a few days. Thanks for the excellent idea..................P

Ours is an empty container from animal crackers. It's pretty big and clear and shaped like a bear. The kids love putting their change into the community "Mickey Jar". :)

Also, I have found that an empty small pickle jar holds almost exactly $100 of quarters.

Ours is an empty container from animal crackers. It's pretty big and clear and shaped like a bear. The kids love putting their change into the community "Mickey Jar". :)

Also, I have found that an empty small pickle jar holds almost exactly $100 of quarters.

I love this
I think i am rethinking my mickey piggy bank,I mean we could eat the cookies too.
thanks for sharing
Hugs mel

I'm so tempted to put a picture of my bank here! I'm not nearly as creative as you folks! Cute ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter