Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

_DSC6999-X3.jpg

View attachment 218042
Lol, my father showed this to me this weekend, he brought it home from his office. I haven't seen it in yeeears!!!!

I had 2 of these for years (from 1997?) and used them when camping with the Scouts. Even punched holes in the lids to keep them attached to the mug. Finally threw them out when we moved cross country last spring.

I've been enjoying this thread for a few years now, and kept thinking I should contribute! I've taken the day off work today, so might as well share some long-gone memories from my first trip to WDW in November 1995.

I am fairly sure this shot of the castle was taken from the Skyway.
Skyway_small.jpg

Figment puppet meet and greet at Epcot.
Figment_small.jpg

Star Tours at MGM Studios. The new longer queue outside no longer provides access to the legs for that kind of picture. I guess kids would climb on them, and fall and what not.
StarTours_small.jpg

I posted this photo in another thread but was redirected here and I can't delete the other thread. So here goes again. Now that I've found this thread, expect to see a lot of pictorial trips down memory lane! :)

Some of you may have already seen it, but this is the first of my memory lane posts. This is The Land food court in October of 2004, drastically different from what it looks like today!

upload_2017-2-3_7-24-28.png

I don't have a good photo. But maybe this will come through...

You can't listen to Michael Iceberg and his Amazing Iceberg Machine concerts anymore in Tomorrowland Terrace/Starlight Cafe. Sunny Eclipse now occupies that space.

Go here and have a listen....at the 2:35 mark, it all becomes clear!

http://www.disneynut.com/iceberg/Michael Iceberg - In Concert from Disneyland - Opening Scene.mp3

hqdefault.jpg

Wow! I wrote a letter to Michael Iceberg when he lived in Snowmass, Colorado, telling him how much I enjoyed his show. He performed once at the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto way back in the 80s. I think I got a reply back, but I can't quite remember. I wonder if he still lives there! Some of my favourites were "Little Piggy Hoedown", "Robot Revolt", "That's All I Want To Know"... among others.

Last edited:
By 1997 those Aladdin parade camels were standing either side of the Soundstage Restaurant - where Playhouse Disney is now. No idea if they were still spitting! Look, it featured the Hunchback of Notre Dame too, remember the play in MGM - that was fab! I have no pics of it but we used to keep piles of the bell shaped confetti that was released from the ceiling!!

The camels were stationed just outside the Magic Carpets of Aladdin Ride.. was that MK or DL? Is that ride even still there?

I have a picture of my sister going head-first down this water slide, but no details of where it is! Where is this?

That was the pool at River Country! Most of the park utilized the lagoon, but they also had a pool. I remember those slides well. They appeared to drop straight down when viewed from the top!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter