~~~~~~ Pics, Prices, & Where to buy a Non-Park Disney Costume ~~~~~~~~~~~

^^^^ AWWW!! She's an ADORABLE Jane! She'll be the hit of AK!

I wanted to let everyone know the new disney store halloween costumes are starting to roll in......

The new Little mermaid dress is just breath taking.. Price is $79.50, but you wait for them to go to 40% or 50% off its not to bad..
also If you are are getting the new beauty and beast movie you will get a $20off a $40 purchase.
all the costume should go on sale some time in 1st week of oct ( according to Cm in disneystore)
If they do the 50% off costume like they did last year
and use the coupon
could be able to get the costume for $20..... i think thats a great deal!!

DSArielDlxCost11.jpg

anyways keep the costume coming.. I'm working on a few more
When i find time i will post them..

Leaving early tomorrow am! We are flying so we're packing super light and don't want to bring along the girls full size princess dresses. I was thinking of letting them wear their Disney Store "princess gown" PJs, but my hubby said that was tacky. They have velvet-ish bodices and satin skirts covered in a soft tulle. I thought they'd work fine for girls dressing up. What do you all think?

Leaving early tomorrow am! We are flying so we're packing super light and don't want to bring along the girls full size princess dresses. I was thinking of letting them wear their Disney Store "princess gown" PJs, but my hubby said that was tacky. They have velvet-ish bodices and satin skirts covered in a soft tulle. I thought they'd work fine for girls dressing up. What do you all think?

I know the ones your talking about...
and i say whatever works for your family... If someone thinks its tacky thats their prob......
1st of all it is VERY hot down there and a full princess costume can be itchy, 2nd of all if your girls are ok with it, let them wear them...
I've seen other little girls wearing them down there and never thought they were tacky... just thought they don't like the itchy costumes!

I feel your pain about packing light.. DH wants to do all carry-ons this trip!:eek:
I'm not sure if we will be able to take the hat for the jane costume with us. :sad2:

i guess i could alway wear the hat to the airport! ..... :rotfl2:

I REALLY REALLY recommend Etsy or making some yourself. Theyre not that hard, theyre so comfortable and machine washable. Price range all over the place- from $20-$200 but theyre quality and unique.

Heres two I made recently. Ive also finished Alice, Belle, Queen of Hearts and Drizella this week but dont have pics yet.

minnie1.jpg

Minnie Mouse

IMG_3997.jpg

Lilo

Where to buy: Christmas tree shop

Price $5.99 (yes that says the $5.99)

Review: This dress is great for those girls that have prblem with itchy costumes...
It is made very well, for the price you pay....
There is a lining... and top is made of soft velvet..
it is a knock-off, but still a wonderful costume..

IMG_2636.jpg

Anyone know of a store which sells older girl sizes - like size 14 or 16?

I believe walmart and target will carry the teen sizes..
At least they did last year..
amazon and ebay also has older girl/teen sizes

I know disneystore does not sell kids costumes in that size

however, they do sell adult costumes online at disneystore.com
If you order the smalll or xs i believe it should fit....
I can wear a girls 16 shirt (i'm a very small person) and i can fit into the small costumes from the disney store(but are a little tight)
would go with med.. for bigger chested girls..
Costumes run on the small side and if for some reason if it does not fit her can always take it back to any disneystore....

hope this helps
here is a pic of the minnie costume
DSWMinnieCost11.jpg

I got some extra time today and scanned in a few pics from last halloween

Where to buy: Can get in alot of palces... amamzon, ebay, and most halloween shops..
Price: $25 but i paid $20 (had a coupon of $5 off...)

Review: great costumes for chilly nights...
not so great for FL weather...
one piece so bathroom trips are a little hard, but still a wonderful costume

Ps. for mickey pumpkin buy a hollow craft pumpkin and cut out using small knife from pumpkin kit... ( Very messy, but no more the reg. pumpkin) Go very slow when craving

Also b/c its not real, can use it from one halloween to the next....

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

I REALLY REALLY recommend Etsy or making some yourself. Theyre not that hard, theyre so comfortable and machine washable. Price range all over the place- from $20-$200 but theyre quality and unique.

Heres two I made recently. Ive also finished Alice, Belle, Queen of Hearts and Drizella this week but dont have pics yet.

minnie1.jpg

Minnie Mouse

IMG_3997.jpg

Lilo

i love these!! so nice and light..... not worries about being to hot

where to buy: Ebay
Price: $19.99
Review:
This jasmine costume is beautiful, however is very thin.. Great for FL weather
Also the coins over the tummy get very cold
the shirt tends to get intchy, but not to bad...
Pants tend to be a little big, but kids grow

IMG_2610.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

Where to buy: ebay ( I bought from disney store)
Price: $17.99
review:
This costume is warm and fuzzy...
Can be warn with out the hat, but them know one knows who they are...
It has held up for 2 years now and has been in and out of wash a lot...
Great for any child that wants something differnt..

IMG_2629.jpg

OK, I gotta get some boys in here!!!

Image1549.jpg

Made Prince Philip costume, bought sword and shield from DisneyStore.com for $5.49; Cinderella dress is from the park ($80); made Briar Rose costume

IMG_8698-1.jpg

Stitch head and hands from AK, $35-40 for both, I think. This was a "We're going to MNSSHP again, and I want a different costume" costume. We bought it on our way out of AK...a couple hours before the party. :laughing:

Image1917.jpg

ebay - $7 (but I embellished...it was just the plain green outfit, no jewels, etc.)

Image1273-1.jpg

Top was from a cheapo two piece dress-up outfit (came in a pack of four outfits from local consignment sale for $10); added the white ruffle on the hips and the bottom is an extra long tutu I made from sparkle tulle and a headband

Image1538.jpg

Made Snow Prince costume (sorry you can't see it!! :laughing:); Snow White is cheapo top with long tutu again and made bow; my mom's FastPass shirt is made by me; Lilo dress made by me, lei from the Poly (free), flowers in hair from the Poly gift shop ($8, I believe)

Image1195.jpg

Prince Eric is white tee and denim shorts with a red sash I whipped up; Ariel costume is from JBF Sale, $5 and I made the flower hair clip

Image1857.jpg

Made the Prince Charming costume; Cinderella is from Disney Store - $60 (from 2007, on ebay now, I'm sure, for much less)

WOW! Those costumes are wonderful!

I love the fact i can do some of them at home....
Eric is great idea for a little boy, and very easy to do....
Maybe i can get DH to do that one for holloween...

Keep them coming!
DD and I only have one more to add... untill the halloween costumes go on sale:rolleyes1
(Hint) yo ho yo ho!

So many cuties! :lovestruc

I am a noob - I want to make sure I understand this. We can bring our own costume to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Booutique and just go with the hair and makeup (and nails and crown) package?

Trying to get in as much as possible without going totally broke!

There is so much information to gather, it's overwhelming! :upsidedow

My plan is to take DD(6) to pick out a princess costume for Halloween, all the while keeping our trip a secret, and the following weekend, TAA DAA! Her first trip to the World.
princess::banana::cool1:

Belle Sundress that I made

IMG_2350.jpg

Ariel Dress I made. I made the shells detachable using hook and eye.

IMG_2375.jpg

So many cuties! :lovestruc

I am a noob - I want to make sure I understand this. We can bring our own costume to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Booutique and just go with the hair and makeup (and nails and crown) package?

Trying to get in as much as possible without going totally broke!

There is so much information to gather, it's overwhelming! :upsidedow

My plan is to take DD(6) to pick out a princess costume for Halloween, all the while keeping our trip a secret, and the following weekend, TAA DAA! Her first trip to the World.
princess::banana::cool1:

Yes you can bring your own costume... I was told to make sure the DD will be wearing before sitting in the chair..
This way no need to worry about the costume fitting over the hair do or messing up the make up...

Buying halloween costume is a great idea!
We always buy one for our daughter to wear for halloween(and use for dress up after)

Then the day after halloween go to the disney store or halloween shop and buy 2 or 3 at 50% off.....
This way she gets a few new dress up costumes and i alwys put one away for the next trip..
Tip ( buy at least 1 or 2 sizes bigger if putting away)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter