Picky 10 year old.

KimBean

DIS Veteran
My 9 year old will be 10 this December when we go to disney. Her tastes still run childlike. I don't know if this will change by the end of this year. I obviously have to pay for as an adult price but if she wants a kids meal can she get it?

We are 2 REAL adults and 17 year old and 10 year old girls. LOL! So we won't have any child credits it will just show all adult credits. There are some places where she would like the adult meal but most not. And this is in hopes that I get free dining.

Usually yes, they will allow you to order a kids meal. Or you could pay out of pocket for them and use the adult credit for another adult meal.

I probably would do that for a couple of table service meals, even though some of ours are buffets so that doesn't really apply. So my main concern is QS credits. I would't want to have to pay OOP for her kids meals and then have a bunch of extra QS credits. But, it seems like that would probably be rare.

My 9 year old will be 10 this December when we go to disney. Her tastes still run childlike. I don't know if this will change by the end of this year. I obviously have to pay for as an adult price but if she wants a kids meal can she get it?

We are 2 REAL adults and 17 year old and 10 year old girls. LOL! So we won't have any child credits it will just show all adult credits. There are some places where she would like the adult meal but most not. And this is in hopes that I get free dining.

Some of the TS places will make an adult portion of the kid's selections, so if there isn't anything on the adult menu she wants, it never hurts to ask. I think most QS places have kid friendly adult meals, so you shouldn't have any problem finding something for her to eat.

The DDP is not for everyone. It may not be for you and your picky 10-year old. I would check your cost for the DDP and paying OOP for your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter