Picking up tickets earlier because of free dining dates

mom of 3G's

DIS Veteran
Has anybody NOT been able to pick up their park tickets a couple days early? Dec. 8 and 9 are not covered by free dining so we are having to do a split stay. I'm hoping we can get our tickets early. That will save us $750 instead of buying 2 separate sets of tickets for each reservation.

We're right there with you. I watch all of these threads closely because it came up last year and is an issue for us again this year.

We were told flat out last year that we couldn't, but they didn't bat an eye at the POP when we asked to do this.

That's not to say they won't ever change policy on this. But I'm not going to stress about it like I did last year.

I have literally never heard of a single instance where someone couldn't pick theirs up. I think CMs will tell you no, but they won't say no in person.

Just made a split stay reservation. We will be checking in to POR on October 18 with a room only ressie and then starting FD on the 19th - 24th. I called POR directly and asked if I could pick up my park tickets on the 18th and was told the park tickets are attached to the FD promotion and the earliest they can be picked up is 7:00 AM on the 19th. What do I do? :confused3

Just made a split stay reservation. We will be checking in to POR on October 18 with a room only ressie and then starting FD on the 19th - 24th. I called POR directly and asked if I could pick up my park tickets on the 18th and was told the park tickets are attached to the FD promotion and the earliest they can be picked up is 7:00 AM on the 19th. What do I do? :confused3

You ignore what you were told on the phone and pick up your tickets a day early. Are you sure you were speaking to someone at POR? Even when you call the number for a certain resort it goes to a call center somewhere else.

You ignore what you were told on the phone and pick up your tickets a day early. Are you sure you were speaking to someone at POR? Even when you call the number for a certain resort it goes to a call center somewhere else.

I thought I dialed POR directly after making the reservation but I can't be sure. Do I need to go to Guest Services at a park to pick up the tickets or should I still try to get them at the resort?

I thought I dialed POR directly after making the reservation but I can't be sure. You were speaking to someone at a call center. The CM can see what "resort" is being called and will answer with the name of that resort, but quite possibly the call center is in a different state. This is true even if you're in a room at the resort and call down to the front desk.

Do I need to go to Guest Services at a park to pick up the tickets or should I still try to get them at the resort? It's standard for call center CMs to say you can't do early pick up because it has to be done at GR at a park or DTD and not at a resort. Make a copy of the info in post 15I of the ticket sticky and take it with you.

My answers in red

We are arriving late Friday evening 12/7 and staying thru the following Saturday 12/15.

I plan on doing exactly what you've described - making a room-only reservation for 12/7 - 12/10 with ME arrival, then book a package at the same resort (CSR) with FD and 7 day Park Hoppers for 12/10 thru 12/15 with ME departure.

We'll pickup our tickets early at a park GS on Saturday 12/8 and be able to use them Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed/Thu/Fri with free dining on Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri.

we are told at reservations now that you cannot pick up the tickets prior to the start of the package.. I have even confirmed this when I go to resorts cause for my own knowledge and to pass along to guests, they said they cannot do it cause they are unable to cut the keys early with the tickets & dining.

There have been plenty of times when I have had to call resorts with the same front desk numbers I give desks and always get a cast member working at that exact resort, so I don't know where this Disney Resort Call Center is but I'd love to visit! :)

The only call center for us is for Disney Reservations... as far as I know the resort numbers are for those specific resorts on property.

:)

Just modified my ressie for Dec-did a split stay between AOA and POP so I could get free dining and was told several times that I can not use my tickets early. I did do an 8 day park hopper and will try to get them on my arrival day--do I need to be concerned that I can not do this?:scared:

I work in resort reservations and that is correct.. you will have to check out/check back in and receive new KTTW cards that will be with the package with dining and park tickets..

I have literally never heard of a single instance where someone couldn't pick theirs up. I think CMs will tell you no, but they won't say no in person.

Here is that instance. We were not allowed to pick up our tickets one day early at CBR last November. We had a one night room only reservation and a 6 night package with free dining and park hopper. When we tried to pick up the tickets we were not allowed to do so and were told that we had to wait until our package started the next morning.
It actually worked out O.K. because we had already purchased MVMCP tickets.

Here is that instance. We were not allowed to pick up our tickets one day early at CBR last November. We had a one night room only reservation and a 6 night package with free dining and park hopper. When we tried to pick up the tickets we were not allowed to do so and were told that we had to wait until our package started the next morning.

Then you are the first person I have heard of not being able to do this. We had no trouble picking ours up early last December at Pop Century.

You were told this at CBR? You (generally) cannot get them at your hotel (mom2rtk is the only one I have seen that was successful at their actual resort). You have to go to Guest Relations at a park. All the info is in this thread, post #15 section "I"...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

we are told at reservations now that you cannot pick up the tickets prior to the start of the package.. I have even confirmed this when I go to resorts cause for my own knowledge and to pass along to guests, they said they cannot do it cause they are unable to cut the keys early with the tickets & dining.

There have been plenty of times when I have had to call resorts with the same front desk numbers I give desks and always get a cast member working at that exact resort, so I don't know where this Disney Resort Call Center is but I'd love to visit! :)

The only call center for us is for Disney Reservations... as far as I know the resort numbers are for those specific resorts on property.

:)

According to Cheshire Figment, a current ticketing CM, early pickup of package tickets is a valid procedure. People do it all the time. :thumbsup2

smitch425 said:
According to Cheshire Figment, a current ticketing CM, early pickup of package tickets is a valid procedure. People do it all the time. :thumbsup2

I just go by what we are told and what was told at more than one resort. It may have been that way in the past but I know a lot are cracking down on it and enforcing it.

Mom2BKids said:
i was told that little mermaid rooms at AOA are not qualifying for free dining correct??

That is correct however they were available with the FD PIN offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter