Pick A Pearl

figmentfan423

DIS Veteran
I know there are a few places to do it. We're going to both Disney and Universal and I have to knock this off my bucket list!!!!!!!!! Where's the best place? THNX

DD(11) loved doing this last summer in EPCOT Japan's large gift shop.
They have a very nice ceremony surrounding the picking of the oyster.
After she picked her oyster they cleaned up the beautiful pearl and chose a necklace and heart filigree cage. (you don't have to purchase the necklace can just pick the pearl if you want)
The CM put the pearl in the cage onto the necklace while we waited.
There are different cages and necklaces to chose from and costs vary.
The entire experience with completed necklace cost about $120 and it was DD special gift from the trip.

I believe there is also a shop in Disney Springs where you can still pick a pearl but don't know anything about that experience.

We love the Japan experience as well! I bought a cage necklace prior to the trip and brought it along with me to drop the pearl in and wear. They truly make it a memorable souvenir (I think the pearl was $13 or so).

You can also do this at Beach Club, near the lake.
But the better overall experience is indeed in Japan
Be aware, there is typically a significant wait for your turn.
And I suggest purchasing a pearl cage before you arrive. You can find them online for $20

The ceremony at Japan is, in my opinion, what makes it a fun experience. You can purchase the cages with necklaces in expensively on eBay before you go. I think the "pick" is $17. Loved it! This is the cage we ordered for our 9-year-old before we left.image.png

Another vote for EPCOT Japan. My husband and I took his family to Disney (the first time for his grandparents), and this was something his grandmother, more, sister-in-law and I loved. lol It was a hit with everyone, and the smiles, video and pictures we took were priceless. Definitely worth the cost.

Another Epcot in Japan!

We loved it so much on our 2013 trip, we did it again in 2015. Those CM's REALLY get into it!

Definitely Japan in Epcot! I did it in May and it was such a highlight of my trip. I bought a pearl cage necklace in the shape of Cinderella's carriage on Etsy for about $8 before I went and it such so much fun. The ritual of it is so energetic and exciting!

The ceremony at Japan is, in my opinion, what makes it a fun experience. You can purchase the cages with necklaces in expensively on eBay before you go. I think the "pick" is $17. Loved it! This is the cage we ordered for our 9-year-old before we left.View attachment 143821
I have that same cage and thought is was very good quality, especially for the price. Also agree that Japan pavilion at Epcot has great atmosphere for the experience. Have fun!

Another vote for Japan. My DD really wanted to pick a pearl on our last trip and we checked out the stand at the Beach Club but ultimately decided to go to Japan. Like others have said the cast members there are so enthusiastic. The oyster my daughter pick had 2 pearls in it and the way the cast member reacted you would have thought we hit the power ball.

Just returned from our trip & this was definitely a highlight. I also picked my pearl in Japan & purchased a cage & necklace. The pearl was $17 plus chain and cage for $43. I went with others advice on these forums to choose the ugliest, hairiest oyster and I did end up with a beautiful pearl. Have fun! Japan was our favorite country in World Showcase.

We just did it again and our 5 year old niece picked twins twice in one year! Also our 16 year old niece picked the biggest pearl of the day. Quite the celebration. What a fun time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter