Phrases you hate

Well, just about everything irks me these days, but I'll try to pick out just a few for the sake of brevity.

1) "opens up" If I see one more magazine cover where some celebrity "opens up" about something that happened to them, I might actually scream!

2) I hate the word "activist". Hate it.

3) "All the sudden" or "all of the sudden". To say "the sudden" implies it is one specific sudden. The phrase is "All of a sudden"!

4) "I seen".

I better stop here. I could go on all day.

Wow, just wow

"red flags"

Preggers/Prego - most people think it sounds cute, it really doesn't

Prolly - take a few minutes a learn how to spell probably

I like hip and unhip phrases , some say its bad grammar others say its personality, we should all talk like we wanna ;)

When someone posts looking for advice or info.....
"I need an isolated field in the middle of nowhere, to hide a dead body. There needs to be a road for my getaway car.....AND GO!"
I hate that. It's like people think that others are waiting with baited breath for their reply. It just gets on my nerves. AND GO! Really? Nope. I don't think so.

not sure if this counts, but a picture with 400 hashtags drives me crazy. #Especially #when #they #separate #a #sentence #with #them!

Umm... Umm...
Quite frankly...
Would you like to make a donation?
Hey! How are you? (Fine. How are you?) Fine.

Using 'finna' instead of 'gonna'.
"Dat ______ doe" instead of "That ______ though"

And the most annoying to me hands down is when someone says something like "don't let it get to you" or "let it go" or something similar in which they're telling you to not let something affect you. Okay, if I could just shake it off, I would. Thanks for reducing my feelings to something simple.

In the business world, I hate "reaching out". How about if we just call or email them instead?

I also can't stand calling a problem a "challenge" or an "opportunity", as in "our challenge is that the roof of the building just caved in". In reality you should be saying "Holy crap! We've got a HUGE problem! The roof just caved in!!!" Instead of saying "Someone made an error so we have an opportunity for improvement" in reality we should be saying "Holy crap! We almost just killed this guy because of this bad policy. We've got a problem!" We're all adults at work. None of us are going to collapse if we realize we have a problem.

Business doublespeak. Aligning goals, strategic initiatives and maximizing resources. How about "This is what we need to do, this is how we are going to do it and we can't spend a lot of money".

I also hate "my bad".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter