Photos, packages & CD's

camikey

Mouseketeer
Questions about photos. I am planning on getting the CD for my upcoming 5 night cruise. Should I pre-order a package also? Also can someone explain the backgrounds & borders?

Are most pictures available in 6X8 or just 8X10?

TIA:worship:

Just trying to tweek my buget.:rotfl2:

Photo CDs on the 5-night were $249 on the June 7-12. I purchased in Shutters at a kiosk before they even opened the first day. I knew that if you had bought the CD all photos and packages were half-price afterwards.

I returned later when they were open and purchased the Deluxe (40 credit) package for $125 (regular $250) and found I needed some more near the end and got another 20-credit package (don't remember the name) for $75 (regular $150). That's a lot of money, but I had steeled myself for even worse because early reports were that the CD alone would be $299 or even $399. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. ;)

For the CD, I wound up with 81 photos, 2 of which were provided on a second CD (no extra charge). The photos on the CD are exactly as taken--no borders added--and can be verified before pickup by looking at your photos at the kiosks.

The printed photos are in your assigned folder and new ones show up every day. All of these have a border added appropriate to the photo (character-related borders, pirate-themed borders for pirate night, etc.), the lone exception we found to be Ariel, who apparently didn't have a border particular for her--just a generic one.

We had about a 50/50 split for sizes--half 6x8 and half 8x10. You don't get the choice, you either purchase them as-is or leave them there.

Recommend you look at your photos daily so that you have only a few to look at the last night when Shutters is the most busy. Picking up the CD the next morning was quick and painless.

Photo CDs on the 5-night were $249 on the June 7-12. I purchased in Shutters at a kiosk before they even opened the first day. I knew that if you had bought the CD all photos and packages were half-price afterwards.

I returned later when they were open and purchased the Deluxe (40 credit) package for $125 (regular $250) and found I needed some more near the end and got another 20-credit package (don't remember the name) for $75 (regular $150). That's a lot of money, but I had steeled myself for even worse because early reports were that the CD alone would be $299 or even $399. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. ;)

For the CD, I wound up with 81 photos, 2 of which were provided on a second CD (no extra charge). The photos on the CD are exactly as taken--no borders added--and can be verified before pickup by looking at your photos at the kiosks.

The printed photos are in your assigned folder and new ones show up every day. All of these have a border added appropriate to the photo (character-related borders, pirate-themed borders for pirate night, etc.), the lone exception we found to be Ariel, who apparently didn't have a border particular for her--just a generic one.

We had about a 50/50 split for sizes--half 6x8 and half 8x10. You don't get the choice, you either purchase them as-is or leave them there.

Recommend you look at your photos daily so that you have only a few to look at the last night when Shutters is the most busy. Picking up the CD the next morning was quick and painless.

Are the printed photos also on the CD just with no borders?

My question is this: We are in a family with 3 cabins, including grandparents. Can we get all of our pics on a cd, or do they only do it by cabin, which means we'd have to buy 3? Yikes! The reservation was all booked by one person together if that makes any difference. Thanks for any input!

My question is this: We are in a family with 3 cabins, including grandparents. Can we get all of our pics on a cd, or do they only do it by cabin, which means we'd have to buy 3? Yikes! The reservation was all booked by one person together if that makes any difference. Thanks for any input!

That I'm not completely sure on as we were just the three of us in one stateroom. I heard someone at Shutters tell a fellow cruiser it was per stateroom, though. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Thats a better price then I thought!! I thought 299 for 4/5 days!!

that's a good question. I am not sure of the answer.

Does anyone know how the cabin linking works in regards to the photo package? If cabins are linked, do they all show on one CD? Or does each cabin have a CD (which would be terrible imo!)

We had two cabins and the castmember at Shutters told me that if there was a picture in my folder that wasn't in the other cabin's folder, I would have to purchase it seperately, they couldn't move them over.

That said, we had our embarkation picture made with everyone from both cabins in the same shot and then couple of pictures the people in my cabin had made by themselves showed up both in the other cabin's folder and in our own. Whether it was dumb luck or Shutters being nice to us, I don't know.

PS - Hi, Mesaboy2, we were on the cruise with you! :cool1:

will we be able to make a copy of the CD after we get home? Just like we have done with other photo CDs from WalMart or Walgreens?

will we be able to make a copy of the CD after we get home? Just like we have done with other photo CDs from WalMart or Walgreens?

You have to install some software on the CD to unlock the pictures, which was easy and painless as long as you have administrator rights on your PC. Once unlocked, each will be in JPEG format. At that point you can do what you want with them mostly. There is a release form that will appear with your pics in PDF format you can use to tell the photo gestapo at your corner drugstore to back off. ;)

PS - Hi, Mesaboy2, we were on the cruise with you! :cool1:

I seem to remember meeting someone from Texas. Maybe it was you.... :confused3 Then again, there was probably more than one Texan on board. :laughing:

I was the tall goofy-looking guy. No, not THAT one, the OTHER one with the normal shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter