• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Photopass ??? - talk to me like I'm 5

osugal

Mouseketeer
Okay - just talk to me like I'm 5. Someone please explain photopass to me using very small sentences because I seriously don't get it. It's a card that you give to photographers at WDW and they take pictures of your family, right?

Okay. :)

(and I hope I don't sound condescending!)

Photopass photographers are in many locations all over Walt Disney World.

They are at places where most families would like a picture, such as in front of the castle at Magic Kingdom.

They are also at character meet and greets, and other "photo spots" around the parks.

They are also in water parks.

Using the photopass photographers is free.

On your first day, you can get a photopass card from any photopass photographer.

From then on, if you would like a photo, hand the photographer your card, and he or she will take a photo of your family.

Sometimes the photographer will tell you to get into fun poses, and the camera will digitally put a Disney character, such as Tinker Bell, into your photo.

For example, you might be asked to stand with your hands cupped together like you are holding something, and when you see the photo, Tinker Bell will be there.

The photographers will also take photos with YOUR camera. If you want a photo in front of the castle, you can hand them your camera, and then everyone can be in the picture.

They cannot put a character into the photo if you use your own camera.

If you like a photo, you can purchase it for $12.95.

You can also purchase a CD containing ALL the photos on the card for $150.

This CD can be purchased in advance (before you arrive in WDW) for $100.

If you decide you do not want the CD after your trip, your purchase is fully refundable.

When you purchase the CD, you can add digital enhancements, such as borders and dates, to your photopass photos. It will save the original, plus the new one you made with a fun border. You can end up with hundreds of photos on your CD.

Here is a link that gives more (better? :) )information, plus you can scroll down for the link to prepurchase the CD.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/digital-photos.htm

We have been very happy with our Photopass photos, as otherwise either someone is missing from the picture, or we have to ask a stranger to take a picture of all of us, and invariably, they don't know how to use my camera and the photo does not turn out well.

$100 for the CD sounds expensive, but before the days of Photopass, we spent well over that buying the pictures. If you buy 8 pictures at the cheapest price, then you have spent more than $100.

That was exactly what I needed to know. You cleared it all up for me. Thanks!!!

Super info - thanks!

My only remaining question is what is the difference between downloading the pics or buying the CD? And how long are the photopass cards good for?

Thanks so much!! :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter