Photopass Superthread!

Unfortunately Disney always says "subject to availability or subject to change." They changed the website and no longer do borders. I expect at some point in time they may refuse to take the preordered PP+ and refund people instead,

I ordered my photopass+ on the last day they were offered. When I hadn't received it (because FedEx lost it) three weeks later, I called customer service. They asked me when my trip was, I told them my trip wasn't until March. After placing me on hold twice, to talk to two different supervisors, (with the knowledge that I wouldn't use the pass until March) the customer service rep overnight shipped me another photopass+ instead of providing me with a refund (which I was honestly expecting).

I suppose it's possible that at some point they'll stop accepting the prepaid voucher (although it has no expiration date). But, I expect that my pass will be honored in March, although edits and borders might not be available.

Ditto...they need something for the 5 day people.

You know what their answer will be though right? You want something for 5 days - here it is - 5 one day photo passes, that'll be $195 please!

People have been claiming they need to buy more than a 5 day pass and all Disney has handed them was the option to buy yet another ticket or an annual pass.

That gives me hope! I hung up after half an hour on hold today. I at least know my pictures are there, as I was able to link to the photopass card. But I want the ones with borders!!!

Thanks for posting!

Request for help please. I had the photo pass plus and have just returned from Disneyland. I can see my photos in my account with all the watermarks on etc. The only options I have are for single download $12.95, one day download $39 or no digital download. I want all the photos but doing each one individually will take forever. There is no CD option :worried:. How do I get all the photos in one go without having to pay huge amounts especially when I have already paid for all of them??? so confused and running out of time. Also on the next page after you add one photo on there is no option to add another, I haven't put in any payment details because as far as I am concerned I have already paid for these with the photopass+. can someone walk me through step by step if you have downloaded recently. I don't want to loose all my photos, this was our one and only trip. Thanks for any help.

When I sign into my account online, I see how to purchase the one day pass, but I do not see the option within the app. Does anyone know where it is/how to access it on the app? If I cannot get it through the app, how do I do it once we are onsite?

Posting again in hopes someone knows the answer. We leave soon.

When you go online see if you can chat with a CM - often they are very helpful and they can access others who know the answer if they don't. That might be a better option if you are running out of time as this is a new feature so not many people here may have used it yet.

I could only find how to link a photopass card on the app - not how to buy the one day photopass.

The app does not sell it. It will hold a barcode for a photopass card. You will need to pre-order it online, or purchase at one of the photo shops (not sure if character meals have it available.
You need to add the photopass card # to your profile in order to get a code on your phone the photographer can scan. Then the photos upload directly to your profile.

Request for help please. I had the photo pass plus and have just returned from Disneyland. I can see my photos in my account with all the watermarks on etc. The only options I have are for single download $12.95, one day download $39 or no digital download. I want all the photos but doing each one individually will take forever. There is no CD option :worried:. How do I get all the photos in one go without having to pay huge amounts especially when I have already paid for all of them??? so confused and running out of time. Also on the next page after you add one photo on there is no option to add another, I haven't put in any payment details because as far as I am concerned I have already paid for these with the photopass+. can someone walk me through step by step if you have downloaded recently. I don't want to loose all my photos, this was our one and only trip. Thanks for any help.
There is a place to enter your voucher code for a CD. You shouldn't have to pay extra for your pictures. I had to call a CM to walk me through the process. Call them.

The app does not sell it. It will hold a barcode for a photopass card. You will need to pre-order it online, or purchase at one of the photo shops (not sure if character meals have it available.
You need to add the photopass card # to your profile in order to get a code on your phone the photographer can scan. Then the photos upload directly to your profile.

Ok, thx, I did see the code that can be scanned in the app, but since someone mentioned you could purchase through the app, I was looking for that option. Can you preorder online and specify the day (for the one-day pass)?

And thanks sherilaine.

Ok, thx, I did see the code that can be scanned in the app, but since someone mentioned you could purchase through the app, I was looking for that option. Can you preorder online and specify the day (for the one-day pass)?

And thanks sherilaine.
It is not that you can buy the one-day PP on the app, but you can purchase pics, mugs, etc from the app of the photos linked to your account.
You do not add the date when you pre-purchase it. It is activated when you take your voucher to the parks and get the PP+ card.

Hi - so I received a reply from the Photopass team regarding the purchase of the 'old' Photopass + voucher that is now discontinued and still being able to claim it in the parks for our July trip.
I basically explained that I bought it before they cancelled the product and could see no expiry date for when the voucher can be claimed and I was checking that I would have no problem exchanging the voucher in our July 2016 trip and whether all the inclusions that I purchased with the package will still be included. This was their response:

********Thank you for using our PhotoPass+ product! We recently moved to a new online experience – Disneyland.com/PhotoPass. Once you have created your Disneyland.com/PhotoPass account, you will need to claim all of your Disney PhotoPass IDs and the PhotoPass+ promotion code.

When you paid for your PhotoPass +, you should have received a DVD Case. Inside the PhotoPass + DVD case, there is a promotion code. Enter this number on the “Link Photos” page and the watermarks will be removed from your photographs and they will all be available for download.

You'll still get your ride and dining and PhotoPass photos - you'll just be redeeming it a little differently!

Please let us know if we can offer any further assistance in redeeming your Disney PhotoPass+. ********

Maybe I'm a little dim but I admit I am a little confused. Maybe you can help me understand. We used the Photopass + package for the first time on our last trip in July so I know how it all worked previously and it was very easy to use.
So, it seems like we will have photos with the photographers like last time, still get the ride photos - assumably we will still get given a photopass card when we first hand in our voucher like last time?
Most confusing to me I guess is the line about the ride and dining photos - are we still going to be given the lovely photo folder at Minnie's B/F or not? What do they mean 'you'll just be redeeming it a little differently'. I wasn't actually going to buy the Photopass + this time but decided to get it as we are doing Minnie's B/F one morning so that was the main thing I was after and not so worried about the rest - just thought if we're doing the B/F then it does make it very good value.

Can anyone clarify for me what the reply means - is there anything different to how I used it last time. They have made no mention of there being a problem swapping our voucher in July. Many thanks for any advice, sorry if I seem a little stupid! :-)

Maybe I'm a little dim but I admit I am a little confused. Maybe you can help me understand. We used the Photopass + package for the first time on our last trip in July so I know how it all worked previously and it was very easy to use.
So, it seems like we will have photos with the photographers like last time, still get the ride photos - assumably we will still get given a photopass card when we first hand in our voucher like last time?
Most confusing to me I guess is the line about the ride and dining photos - are we still going to be given the lovely photo folder at Minnie's B/F or not? What do they mean 'you'll just be redeeming it a little differently'. I wasn't actually going to buy the Photopass + this time but decided to get it as we are doing Minnie's B/F one morning so that was the main thing I was after and not so worried about the rest - just thought if we're doing the B/F then it does make it very good value.

Can anyone clarify for me what the reply means - is there anything different to how I used it last time. They have made no mention of there being a problem swapping our voucher in July. Many thanks for any advice, sorry if I seem a little stupid! :-)

For the ride photo, take a picture of the screen - you'll need that code to enter on the website to get your ride photos.
For the dining, WITH THE NEW PP+ the pictures will be available for download (ask the person going around for the code, they'll give you a piece of paper, which I highly recommend taking a picture of in case you lose it!), but you no longer receive the printouts in the folder. Hopefully someone who has visited recently with the OLD PP+ and did the character dining will be able to confirm whether they still give the printouts.
You lose the option to add borders from the website.

So I'm probably missing something super obvious here, but where do you actually go to purchase the Photopass? Can you pre-purchase it or do you purchase in the park or after you return? I was on the website and all I could find was an option to link existing photos. I don't go until Aug, so I'm not in any particular hurry, I just figured I'd buy it and have it taken care of...

So I'm probably missing something super obvious here, but where do you actually go to purchase the Photopass? Can you pre-purchase it or do you purchase in the park or after you return? I was on the website and all I could find was an option to link existing photos. I don't go until Aug, so I'm not in any particular hurry, I just figured I'd buy it and have it taken care of...
You can pre-purchase the one-day photopass online or you can purchase them in the park at the camera shops (Main Street in DL and Kingswell in DCA).

Aha! I found it! Thanks! :thumbsup2
Silly question #2 - is there a date on these? I.e. if I purchase this now, can I wait to use them until Aug? Does it get activated with the first scan at the park? I just love to over think things and confuse myself :goodvibes

Last edited:
What I still can't figure out with the new photopass + is what if I wanted to get a photopass plus for 3 days of my trip, and decided I wanted to pre-purchase them instead of waiting until the day of, it seems you have to do 3 separate transactions on the website. There is not an option that I have seen to select multiple vouchers and do just one checkout. It's confusing. Unless I missed something. Looking forward to reviews of how others used the new Photopass +

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter