Photopass Superthread!

image.jpeg
This was a cool 2015 border/sticker on our Minnie and friends Breakfast picture but not available on the PhotoPass website.
Our California Adventure pictures had a dated small image to add, but the Disneyland pics only had a large border that filled the bottom. (It was nice, but not usable on some pics since my son was Ina stroller sometimes and cut out with the borders.)

How do you create different sizes for download? I did the PhotoPass + but it is wanting to charge me for downloads if I choose 5x7 or 8x10 or do I only get 4x6 with PP+???

The way I did it, was when you are editing the pictures, adding borders etc, you can also choose the size of the photo (as the borders will fit differently on different size photos. So I would choose the different size there, and save it as an extra copy of the photo. Then at order time you just order the CD that includes all the photos (don't select each photo - just choose the CD). Once you have selected the CD, at some point in the process, you have the opportunity to choose whether you want the CD as a physical CD, or a download. So choose which one you want there. Hope that makes sense!

So... im editing photos and totally just realized it automatically chooses 4x6
if i want the bigger sizes of the originals on my CD do I need to go through and add them individually??

Also is there any way to get just the borders on my CD? or do i really have to go through each picture and add them?

is there a limit to how many pics I can put on the CD?

Any tips and tricks for me? lol i totally forgot you can edit so i dont have tons of time :-(

if i want the bigger sizes of the originals on my CD do I need to go through and add them individually??

Also is there any way to get just the borders on my CD? or do i really have to go through each picture and add them?

Any tips and tricks for me? lol i totally forgot you can edit so i dont have tons of time :-(

No limit on the number of images they let you save. They will send them as multiple CD's if needed.

Yes, you need to save each size you might want. It's really only an issue when you add borders so that the aspect ratio is right for the other sizes.

No way to save just the borders to use later.

Yes, it is a very time intensive process. Just don't wait until the last minute as that site has a reputation for going down a lot.

I just renewed my AP and will now have Photopass included. My official renew date is 12/26. I have a trip planned for 12/18-23. Will I get those photos included with my AP, or will I not get them because my renew date is 12/26?

If you're not doing borders, the 4x6 is actually the best size, because it has the most content. They are high-res, so you don't have to worry that 4x6 is the biggest you can print them.

When all was said and done, after cropping and re-sizing and decorating, I had more than 1400 in my account this last time. Came on nine CDs.

Thank you @Kiwigirls for all the photo pass info. I had not gotten this far in my trip planning to DL but since it is over XMas it is a no brainer to purchase the all inclusive prior to leaving home. (Confession: I had mentally not planned on doing pics previous to your post because I wanted a more relaxed no make up or hair do trip.). Lol... I will probably still go casual but bring home the pics in addition to the memories. Thank you!

Soooo, for those who have the Signature AP, do we really only have the one option of downloading the pictures one-by-one? Or am I missing a mass-download button somewhere? It is going to take a while if i really have to click on each photo and choose download...

Thank you @Kiwigirls for all the photo pass info. I had not gotten this far in my trip planning to DL but since it is over XMas it is a no brainer to purchase the all inclusive prior to leaving home. (Confession: I had mentally not planned on doing pics previous to your post because I wanted a more relaxed no make up or hair do trip.). Lol... I will probably still go casual but bring home the pics in addition to the memories. Thank you!

You're welcome! Enjoy the photos - and definitely still go relaxed!!

So I finally figured out how to do a batch download for the Signature AP.
But I thought I'd share. I had to email them bc we were missing a few pictures and NONE of our character dining codes were working. So while I was at it, I asked about editing the photos to add borders/stickers for the AP'ers and this was their response

Unfortunately edits are not available on our new website; we are
continually making improvements to the overall user experience and hope
to offer this feature in the future.

Has anyone with an eligible AP tried adding regular Photopass cards to their accounts? We visited the weekend before Thanksgiving, so I've got a Photopass card whose photos won't expire for another month, and was wondering if I purchased an AP now, whether I could add these photos to the account. Is there any place on the website to do this?

Thanks!

I believe the date the pictures were taken on the PP card has to be within the dates that your AP was activated.
So if you visited on November 21st with a regular admission
Then you purchase the Signature AP on December 8th, I do not believe you would be able to load those pictures to your pass.
I haven't tested this though. I would also venture to guess that they would only load pictures from the parks on the days your AP is scanned at the park to keep people from getting friends' pictures for free on dates that the AP'er isn't in the parks. Again, I haven't tested this, but with the other measures Disney has put in place (i.e. putting you picture on your park ticket) I imagine that they've set up something to block this from happening.

All that said, I can tell you that we visited DL with our regular PH tickets for 2 days. On the 3rd day we upgraded to AP and I was able to add the PP pictures from the first 2 days to my AP to download

So I finally figured out how to do a batch download for the Signature AP.
But I thought I'd share. I had to email them bc we were missing a few pictures and NONE of our character dining codes were working. So while I was at it, I asked about editing the photos to add borders/stickers for the AP'ers and this was their response

Unfortunately edits are not available on our new website; we are
continually making improvements to the overall user experience and hope
to offer this feature in the future.

Yeah - just got the same answer but they added that my photos are good for one year and they hope to have borders within the future! Doesn't help me know since I was going to do a few photos for Christmas presents with the Christmas borders.

So I realize the pre-order for the PP+ is no longer available - what is the regular price if you buy it in the parks? Also, do you still get the same package, that it includes all the ride photos, character meals etc.?

Thanks!!

So I realize the pre-order for the PP+ is no longer available - what is the regular price if you buy it in the parks? Also, do you still get the same package, that it includes all the ride photos, character meals etc.?

Thanks!!
$99.95 in the parks and it includes ride photos and character meal(s) printed pkgs.

Thanks!!

Wow, I had pre-ordered my PhotoPass+ in November thinking we were going the first weekend in December, but we had to move to the end of this month. So glad I got it ordered when I did. I have it in hand and we'll be using it for sure. First trip to DL & DCA for our granddaughter, whether she'll remember it is another story, she's just turned 18 mos.

We are debating on it - even if we could have pre ordered it for a lower price. This will be our 4th trip and I honestly don't know if we need another 20 ride shots are they don't change much! We are only doing one character meal and we can get a few shots if we really want them which would likely total a lot less than a hundred bucks.

Is the photopass plus pre-order gone forever? Has the pre-order disappeared before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter