• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Superthread!

You can always wait until after your trip to go through your days of photos and decide if you want to purchase that days photos. It would be a shame to pre-purchase for each day of your trip only to find that you took only a few photos on one particular day of your trip that you could do without. For example: Day 1,2,4 you have 50+ photos each day and Day 3 you only took 5. To me those 5 pictures better be very important and look good for me to spend $39.99 on them just to download.

Does anyone know this for absolute certain? I'd like to know if someone actually went, got a bunch of pictures taken, then picked the best day and just bought the $39.99 for that one day - after they were done their other days? I know this sounds great but I am concerned that this won't work in the end. It almost sounds like you have to decide on your day ahead of time, but the information on this new product has been less than clear so perhaps that is just misreading the information that has been provided.

If it's actually that much money now, I just won't be doing it at all. What a ridiculous change. The entire beauty of it before was that you could get the pictures leisurely over the course of your vacation. I don't want to be running around one day trying to get pictures.

Am I reading this right? For my 4 day trip it's going to be 200 dollars now? I'm so confused. I'd really suggest changing the first few posts since it's just a bunch of dated information now. This seems insane to me. Do they really expect me to pay 200 dollars? This is a ton of money. And I just get the digital copies for that?

4 days is actually only $159.96 so not quite $200, but it's a lot and yes, if you want all your pictures from all the days you are there, I do believe they are actually expecting you to pay that! And yes, it is just the digital copies, no borders any longer.

Well, thank you for the information. Disneyworld does this different I feel. It's a flat fee I think? I know it cost more than Disneyland but I was there for 9 days. It's been ten years but I know I didn't pay a daily rate. I'm actually at Disneyland for 5 days, that was a typo, but the 200 dollar amount was correct.

Thanks for the info.

Well, thank you for the information. Disneyworld does this different I feel. It's a flat fee I think? I know it cost more than Disneyland but I was there for 9 days. It's been ten years but I know I didn't pay a daily rate. I'm actually at Disneyland for 5 days, that was a typo, but the 200 dollar amount was correct.

Thanks for the info.

It used to be a flat rate for 14 days for $99 which you could pre order for $69 - they just stopped selling the 14 days one in early January so this is very new. You are not alone sorting it out!

That's an absolutely insane price increase. 300 odd percent on a 5 day vacation that goes to. I guess they hope more people splurge on a one day pass so they end up making more money at a lower price. But it'd just be too much of a hassle for me. I'd like to have the ride pictures, which I won't go on all in one day. Oh well, not for me.

Does anyone know this for absolute certain? I'd like to know if someone actually went, got a bunch of pictures taken, then picked the best day and just bought the $39.99 for that one day - after they were done their other days? I know this sounds great but I am concerned that this won't work in the end. It almost sounds like you have to decide on your day ahead of time, but the information on this new product has been less than clear so perhaps that is just misreading the information that has been provided.

Yes, it does. When I was working on getting my photos yesterday, it showed that I could purchase all pictures taken on a certain day for $39.99 and that was a week after they were taken. Then I figured out how to get them with my photopass+ purchase, so I didn't have to do that.

Your photos are good for 45 days, so maybe you only have to link your photos to your account daily, but have up to the 45 days to decide if you wish to purchase the $39.99 product per day.

Yes, it does. When I was working on getting my photos yesterday, it showed that I could purchase all pictures taken on a certain day for $39.99 and that was a week after they were taken. Then I figured out how to get them with my photopass+ purchase, so I didn't have to do that.

I'm entering the Photopass + number under Link Photos and it is saying it isn't valid. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

FWIW, I didn't link my photos to my AP photo pass account until after we got home (park photos, rides, and Goofy's Kitchen). So don't stress. In the past you had 30 days to "claim (I.e., link) the photos, and then another 30 after that until they expired.

The CM I spoke with confirmed with me that you can purchase the one day after the fact, and purchase photos for a day of your choosing.

The CM I spoke with confirmed with me that you can purchase the one day after the fact, and purchase photos for a day of your choosing.

That is great news - I had thought we'd have to pick a day and say "okay today we do as many pictures as we can" and then hope for the best - so to be able to wait and see when the best pictures sounds so much more relaxing. Thanks for posting what you were told!

Does anyone know if they will just take pictures with your camera or phone?
Yes. I did it at both Visa meets, the Lunar New Year meet, in Carsland and with Oswald on 2 different days in the last week. At the DCA meet and once with Oswald there was no other CM, so the PP did it. All the other times there was a non-PP CM who took the pics. The only time I ran into an issue was when I handed the PP my phone to scan the app. I then had to take it back, go to the camera app and go back and pose again. After that if I wanted pics on my phone I just handed over my card.

Received a reply. Disappointing, but at least it's being passed on and isn't just a response written by a computer

"
Thank you for contacting us regarding Disneyland.com/PhotoPass.

Your feedback is very important to us, and we appreciate your taking the
time to share your comments about our new product offerings.
Regretfully, at this time the only option available is the PhotoPass+
One Day product.

Please know that we have passed your feedback on to our managers as our
goal is to continually review and enhance our Web site to provide new
functionality, products, etc. so your experiences are always positive.

Thank you for contacting Disney Photo Imaging. We hope you enjoy viewing
and sharing your precious memories.

Sincerely,

Joleen Rider"

I contacted them to ask about the possibility of a multi-day or length of trip being added later. This is was the response:

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for contacting us regarding DisneyPhotoPass.com.

At this time, our website is currently not offering any multi-day
products. We do suggest you wait until a little closer to your vacation
to check back with our website to see if there have been any products
added.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you for contacting Disney Photo Imaging.

Sincerely,

Claire Kay
Guest Support Team
Disney Photo Imaging
Phone: 407-560-4300

This is what I sent them:

I have just been advised of Disneyland's discontinuance of the previous photopass plus and photopass products and their replacement with the sole and only option being a $39 per day photopass for anyone not holding an annual pass. I am very dismayed by this development and feel that it punishes all non annual pass holders. It also punishes people that spend more than a day or two at Disneyland on their trips. We have taken a 5 day trip to Disneyland every year for the last several years. With your new product, instead of paying $70, I will have to pay $200 for our photopass pictures for our trip! That is an almost 200% price increase! I have also heard that for this almost 200% price increase, the new photopass website no longer has the borders to add to the photos, so not only will there be a 200% price increase, but it will be for significantly less than was previously received. I strongly hope that this is not a permanent change and that Disney is working to resolve this issue. I find this very upsetting as we purchase photopass for every trip and it is an important part of our trips. I would like to know if Disneyland has plans to correct this situation.

This is the generic response I got:

Thank you for contacting us regarding Disneyland.com/PhotoPass.

Your feedback is very important to us, and we appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about our new products and website. We have passed along your comments and concerns to the teams that handle our product and website offerings.

Please know that our goal is to continually review and enhance our services to provide new functionality, products, etc. so your experiences are always positive.

Thank you for contacting Disney Photo Imaging.

Sincerely,

Megan Lannister

Guest Support Team

Disney Photo Imaging

Phone: 407-560-4300

I'm not so sure that isn't just a response written by a computer. Kimberly, at least they apologized for "your inconvenience", I didn't even get that. I would suggest that everyone who is upset by this change send them an E-mail through the website or call them. I think the only way to get them to change it, is for them to see that their customers are not pleased. I feel sorry for the photopass photographers, because we will be constantly handing them our cameras for photos as there is no way I'm paying $200.

I'm not so sure that isn't just a response written by a computer. Kimberly, at least they apologized for "your inconvenience", I didn't even get that. I would suggest that everyone who is upset by this change send them an E-mail through the website or call them. I think the only way to get them to change it, is for them to see that their customers are not pleased. I feel sorry for the photopass photographers, because we will be constantly handing them our cameras for photos as there is no way I'm paying $200.

The only thing people can do is express their dislike in the new product offering - Disney would not be the first organization to provide a product the public ended up not liking and then having to change to something else - anyone remember Blue Pepsi? Exactly!

That is great news - I had thought we'd have to pick a day and say "okay today we do as many pictures as we can" and then hope for the best - so to be able to wait and see when the best pictures sounds so much more relaxing. Thanks for posting what you were told!

I don't think that is great news, because I can just about guarantee that if I was just going to do one day and wait until afterwards to pick which day that my 3 absolute favorite photos would be on one day and all the rest from that day would be junky and that another day would have the bulk of the photos that I liked.

I don't mind paying $40 for 1 day, but I'd like to see them add additional days at a discount after you've purchased the first day. I probably won't do it often because it makes for a pretty miserable day going around trying to get enough poses to make the purchase worth it to me at the expense of doing other attractions. But if I did buy a single day, I'd be much more likely to add another day within the same "visit" for a discount of $15 or more.

I don't think that is great news, because I can just about guarantee that if I was just going to do one day and wait until afterwards to pick which day that my 3 absolute favorite photos would be on one day and all the rest from that day would be junky and that another day would have the bulk of the photos that I liked.

I think we will definitely have to be active in making sure we take as many pictures and rides with photos on the day we do our CM - that is my goal anyway. But yes, they can be spread out. But you could always dedicate a day to being more concerned with pictures.

I am very dismayed by this development and feel that it punishes all non annual pass holders.

Not actually true. It also punishes a vast majority of AP'ers. You have to have the Signature AP or higher ($850 for the Signature AP) to get the free PP pictures. So ALL SoCal AP'ers as well as the regular Deluxe AP'ers (the $600 one) do not have the "free" PP pictures.
When they announced the AP changes back in early October I saw the writing on the wall. When we got our very first AP's in November, I elected to get the Signature for myself, and the Deluxe for the rest of the family so that we'd have the PP Pictures. For once I actually made the correct choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter