• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass shares at DL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aljay

Live Well*Laugh Often*Love Much
I've been apart of shares at WDW, but I just wondered if anyone knows if there are shares for DL?

Thanks!

I haven't seen any so far. I did a share when we went to WDW and it was so worth it! Although the PhotoPass at DL is much cheaper so it's not as much as a necessity.

You could check on the DL Community Board to see if anyone there is doing one.

Ok, thanks. I didn't realize there was a difference in price between the photopasses at the two parks. So maybe I won't need to worry about it! :)

We aren't allowed to organize shares here on this DIS, but there are share groups for both DL and WDW on Facebook.

We also did 2 through here previously (one DL and one WDW), and loved it! but I saw there is a sticky from a few years ago that they are no longer allowed on here:confused: Anybody know the exact name it is under (for DL) on facebook? I need to find one for March.

Just wanted to share my point of view and give everyone something to think about. Disney did not make photopass so that strangers can scam the system and share so that they dont have to pay full price. It was intended for families/friends who are already travelling together to be able to use it together. If you cant afford it dont use this service. Most cm's would be happy to capture those special moments of your family at disneyland with your own camera. Rememember how there used to be 6 day passes? Well now there is not because too many people abused the system. Just like the tickets, if too many people abuse the photopass system eventually there will be some kind of consequence such as higher prices. Please remember that your actions can affect others and unfairly have a negative impact on those who are perfectly happy to play by the rules.

Well, I have to disagree on that one. Sorry. When you buy the CD, you buy rights to the pictures. It doesn't say anywhere in Disney's rules that you can't do it.

Well, I have to disagree on that one. Sorry. When you buy the CD, you buy rights to the pictures. It doesn't say anywhere in Disney's rules that you can't do it.

The PP is talking about the intent of the PhotoPass program. Disney did not create it so that complete strangers can join together and purchase one of their products (CD) instead of one per family/group of friends.

Is it against Disney's rules? No
Is it how they intended for it to be used when the set pricing? No.
Is it against DISBoards rules to organize shares? Yes.

HTH,
Dreams

I'm 99% sure there used to be an official Photopass Share thread here on the DIS but was taken down by the admins because it's basically a way to cheat Disney.

Just wanted to share my point of view and give everyone something to think about. Disney did not make photopass so that strangers can scam the system and share so that they dont have to pay full price. It was intended for families/friends who are already travelling together to be able to use it together. If you cant afford it dont use this service. Most cm's would be happy to capture those special moments of your family at disneyland with your own camera. Rememember how there used to be 6 day passes? Well now there is not because too many people abused the system. Just like the tickets, if too many people abuse the photopass system eventually there will be some kind of consequence such as higher prices. Please remember that your actions can affect others and unfairly have a negative impact on those who are perfectly happy to play by the rules.

I have to agree. They already closed the loophole so people can't go to DL then to WDW and get the lower priced DL PP for both trips. PP sharing may be the next unintended use they take steps to eliminate.

If the *sharing* becomes common place those of us that use it the correct way will end up being penalized for the actions of others. Raised prices, limited amount of photos allowed for what is now unlimted, upcharges for boarders, only one PP card capable to being downloaded, etc. could be coming if enough people use this loophole to pay less therefore cheating DL out of the full price seperate groups should be paying.

If Disney approved of PP sharing the Dis would not have banned it from happening on their boards. It's a shame Facebook allows it to take place on their site.

dsny1mom

The reason Dis gave for banning it a few years ago (according to the sticky) was because they decided it went against their rules on here to exchange any money, not because of cheating Disney. Photopass swaps were HUGE on here for a longgg time, and it didn't make Disney rates go up.:) Anyway, moot point now. I'll just join one of FB.

I'm closing this thread since photopass sharing is not allowed on the DIS. We also really do not want discussion of where to go to get it. Too many people lost money when others wouldn't come through with the photopass, so to avoid these type of situations, it's just not up for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter