• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass questions

biscuitgirl

Mouseketeer
I am really wanting to preorder the photopass for our Sept trip. I was wondering those you who have used Photopass, how many pictures do you usually average? I hate to spend $100 for the cd, then only end up with 8 photos or something. Any thoughts or recommendations? TIA!!! :thumbsup2

We had about 50 on ours
But some people average waaaaaay more than that
I would get it, it's so worth it
We especially loved the ones on Test Track

There are photopass shares on the boards here. Look around for a Sept one. I just joined a June one - we each get 200 photos (or something like that, more than I'll use :rotfl: ) for less than 30 bucks.

We usually end up with lots. (I'm actually kicking my own butt right now because I have to buy one in a week or so and we didn't take MORE pics.) You preview them online though before you buy them and have 30 days(?) to decide if you want to order the CD though.

There were 8 people in our party and we ended up with 200 photos :scared1:

They do take some great photos that you normally wouldn't get. We didn't do the stitch ones at Hollywood Studios but we did do the baby simba ones at animal kingdom. They turned out so cute. :love:

In April, we had nearly 500 photos taken without any sharing. Of course we sought out as many as we could including ones all the characters,with Stitch. the HM ghost, tinkerbell,etc. If you really are someone who loves photos of everything I would recommend the photopass.

I am really wanting to preorder the photopass for our Sept trip. I was wondering those you who have used Photopass, how many pictures do you usually average? I hate to spend $100 for the cd, then only end up with 8 photos or something. Any thoughts or recommendations? TIA!!! :thumbsup2

Once you get home, if you decide you no longer want the CD, they will refund your money.

We left the park with 285 pictures on our photopass card & once I was done with all the extras I had 571 pictures - it was well worth the money!

Last Summer we ended up with @ 1200 from a 17 night stay. After we got home and edited....about 1700. We stopped at every PP we saw and used them in the waterparks as well! Personally I would never share a pass with a stranger. When Disney realizes people on these boards are doing this they'll find a way to stop it. It's worth the price if you use it right.

I saw this link on another PP thread as well. Read this info and it will help you out and tell you where to find the specialty shots. Have fun!

http://stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

I took a lot of my own photos, so the photo pass shots ended up being a lot of Wonderful Hubby and me in front of Disney object/background pictures. If you spread them out through your trip album, they help you keep track of what park you are in. If it's all you get for photos, it can become rather boring. I was also surprised by how often I'd want to use my photo pass for a ride photo and couldn't do it. I wish they'd add that capability to more of the rides.

That said, I'm really glad I got the photo pass CD at the pre-purchase discount. It's almost impossible to get a good picture of yourself, and the photo pass photographers took that headache completely away.

Great! Thanks for all the information. I'm not so worried about it now. I will definitely be sure to utilize my photopass!

If you so share with someone (say another family in your GG), will both families receive cards or passes or whatever. I'm just wondering if both families would have them in the event that we split up for awhile or whatever.

disneyphotopass.com allows for a virtually unlimited number of cards to be added for each account

If you so share with someone (say another family in your GG), will both families receive cards or passes or whatever. I'm just wondering if both families would have them in the event that we split up for awhile or whatever.

Even if it's just your own family that splits apart from each other for awhile, each of you can get a card. The cards are just given to you by a photographer, and you can have as many on your account as you need. If you leave a card in the hotel, just grab another when you take a picture.

If you have a digital camera, take a clear digital picture of the card ID number, just in case you lose the card. Or write it down and keep that paper separate from the card.

I did a photoshare and got aout 300 pictures for 15 + 26 for the GF photo shoot so for 41 bucks, I got 300 pictures (including edits) and each picture only cost me .02 cents!

With an average of 7 people in our group and 18 days, we ended up with 998 after all of the edits and including the 107 from the resort photo shoot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter