• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo Package advice

I would purchase the package before, apparently if you don't use it you can get it refunded. If you don't use it, then pick the photos you like!

If we have 2 rooms for our family of 4, would we have to purchase 2 packages?
If everyone in the rooms is adults, yes. But if they are your children under 18 (I believe), they get included in your photo package. When we go, my husband and I are in one stateroom, while my mother and my daughter are in another. Yet when I buy my photos, all the photos of my daughter (and by extension, Nana if she's in them too) are included in a single package.

We are a family of 5 that gets two staterooms. Since me and my husband are in separate rooms they do connect the two rooms for pictures. This only works with immediate family (spouse & children) and does not extend to others outside of your immediate family (grandparents, friends, cousins, etc).

I was also reading the FAQ's on the my cruise photos website and it says that only people from your stateroom can be in your pictures. How strict are they on this? My nephew is in a different stateroom but will be with us for the entire cruise. Are they going to shoosh him out of pictures?
Actually, you will receive all photos that have any of the people from your stateroom it it, even if it has other people in it as well. For example, on our last cruise, DH, DD & I were in one cabin and DGM & DGF were in a separate cabin. We purchased a photo package for our cabin, (they did not) and our package it included any pictures of DGM & DGF so long as either DH, DD or I was also in the picture. So, DGM & DGF no one got any of the photos with JUST DGM & DGF in them - only the pics where one or both of them was with at least one of us.

Just to clarify, you can purchase the CD before the cruise sets sail online and cancel it if you don't want the picture after all?
As long as you go to Shutters by the night of the last full day onboard, you can cancel any package you purchase and get the cost credited back to your onboard account.

I read somewhere that cast members with gladly also take photos with your camera. Aside from professional prop type photos is this true?

I read somewhere that cast members with gladly also take photos with your camera. Aside from professional prop type photos is this true?
Absolutely! They weren't always as centered as some of the regular photos, and occasionally had other issues, but there was always someone there glad to help take photos as well, and many of them turned out just as good as the professional one. There was even one meet & greet (Chip & Dale, I believe) that didn't have a photographer at all - just a CM taking photos with guest cameras!

I'm curious to know what what point photos are taken, other than at meet & greets. Do they stop by during the dinner? Are there just roving photographers?

I'm curious to know what what point photos are taken, other than at meet & greets. Do they stop by during the dinner? Are there just roving photographers?
There are photographers in the dining rooms. There are photo locations (ones with backgrounds) usually in the atrium in the evening. There are character photo locations with Shutters photographers in the atrium generally during the daytime hours.

There are photographers (roving and with specific setups) on Castaway Cay.

Sometimes there are photographers ashore on excursions.

If everyone in the rooms is adults, yes. But if they are your children under 18 (I believe), they get included in your photo package. When we go, my husband and I are in one stateroom, while my mother and my daughter are in another. Yet when I buy my photos, all the photos of my daughter (and by extension, Nana if she's in them too) are included in a single package.

So we are booked under three different staterooms. My husband and I are together with one of my children. My parents are in another room and the third room has my brother (adult) and our second child. Could we get away with just purchasing one photo package under my stateroom? Would I still get photos of my second child even though she is in another stateroom with my brother? I understand that it means we don't get photos where my parents and/or my brother are alone but we would get photos of them if they are in the photos with us or my second child?

So we are booked under three different staterooms. My husband and I are together with one of my children. My parents are in another room and the third room has my brother (adult) and our second child. Could we get away with just purchasing one photo package under my stateroom? Would I still get photos of my second child even though she is in another stateroom with my brother? I understand that it means we don't get photos where my parents and/or my brother are alone but we would get photos of them if they are in the photos with us or my second child?
If you purchase the full CD, you can include your minor child in the third room in your package. Any photos take with anyone included in the package will be included. Any photos taken of only those in the second room or only your brother won't be included.

I would advise that you make sure you know exactly how many images are supposed to be on your USB via the digital shutters kiosks, then have someone check it before you walk away. We got home only to find that some of the images we had when we viewed the kiosks did not make it onto the USB. We're still trying to get them back a week and a half later. Very frustrating for the price you pay.

Good Info in this thread. A few follow up questions for my upcoming (Dream 4-day Feb. 15.) 1. What's the price difference between pre-ordering online and purchasing during the cruise? ... not sure how many pics we will get taken. 2. If we get the 10 pic Digital CD and choose after we return, can we get photos printed with those cute "2016" Disney stamps on them? (I'd rather take my time choosing after we're done - we've always done this on our WDW trips.) Thanks!

Good Info in this thread. A few follow up questions for my upcoming (Dream 4-day Feb. 15.) 1. What's the price difference between pre-ordering online and purchasing during the cruise? ... not sure how many pics we will get taken. 2. If we get the 10 pic Digital CD and choose after we return, can we get photos printed with those cute "2016" Disney stamps on them? (I'd rather take my time choosing after we're done - we've always done this on our WDW trips.) Thanks!
1. It's 15% less to pre-purchase the full CD. I don't believe there are any perks for pre-purchasing any of the other packages.
2. All photos on the CD have borders on them. Different borders for different photos.

Thoughts...
  • there's a discount if you pre-purchase.
  • does the rest of the family like pictures?
  • do you plan to be checking the daily navigators to stalk the characters for pictures
  • some kids like to get as many pictures as possible like a scavenger hunt
  • don't forget the bonus character at the port.
  • pay attention to the start and end times..... those lines can be long. The handler will cut the line off SHARP at the ending time, especially if the line is long. Don't be a bad parent in the eyes of your child for being late and missing their opportunity with the characters.
  • some characters will be appearing with different outfits for different nights. Mickey has several outfits on my trip.

We will have a similar issue: me and my partner are staying in one cabin and my dad and my brother (both adults) are staying in another Cabin. Can we use one package or do we have to purchase two?

If you purchase the digital photos -- are they loaded to a CD or a USB? I've seen both items mentioned -- as well as cruisers noting that their media was blank/not loaded with all pictures. Trying to figure out whether I need to bring my laptop (and an external drive) to check my media before leaving the ship. Thanks!

We will have a similar issue: me and my partner are staying in one cabin and my dad and my brother (both adults) are staying in another Cabin. Can we use one package or do we have to purchase two?
If you wish to purchase the full digital package, each room must purchase it's own. But, in the past, if one room purchases the full digital package, a second room in the same group could purchase it for 50% off. The one room full price purchase can be either the pre-cruise cost (15% discount) or onboard cost (full price). The second room gets 50% off the full price and is purchased once onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter