• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo Gallery CD Thread*MAJOR CHANGE ON PP PRICING WITH WDW & DLR. See post #303-

If she went to Disneyland last then the price should have reset to the DLR price $59.95. The price is governed by the park you are in the last. If she went to DLR last then she should call the number on the website and have them correct it. This has worked for me numerous times and unless they recently changed it, this should still work. It's what I will be doing with my WDW (just got home last night) and DLR pictures.

Please post here what she finds out. Thanks.

Did she put the Disneyland photopass CD # in last? If she didn't, that might also be the issue.

Just a heads up we got ours today and like the other posters picture it is the new edition with new pictures that is supposed to have world of color pics

Well I just received some very shocking and disappointing news from Photopass. I contacted them about my own CD order that has both WDW and DLR pix in it. I went to DLR on Thursday the 27th and my trip to WDW was over on 10-18. My CD is coming up $149.95. I sent an email to PP asking about it.

Their policy has changed and if you have any WDW pix in your order you will be charged $149.95!!!!!!!! That pretty much *$(#)*@#!

Had I known about the policy change I would have pre-ordered my CD. Now it's too late! It will cost me $90 more than it should and I don't know if I will be able to use my Photo Gallery CD coupon on the order. This really $#@$(#*@!

So, if you are going to WDW don't buy the DLR Photo Gallery CD and make sure you pre-order you CD so you will save $50.

Here's the email I got today in reply to my question on pricing on Thursday.

Thank you for your interest in Disney?s PhotoCD products.

Our policy has changed from previous years. The computer automatically
reads where the pictures were taken and sets the price accordingly. Any
photos taken at Walt Disney World will have the $149.95 because of the
additional parks and photographers available.

The Walt Disney World PhotoCD is $149.95 and includes all valid
PhotoPass photos from your Disney's PhotoPass card(s), including photos
with added Disney borders and graphics. You may receive your PhotoCD
shipped via compact disc (s) or as a download from the webiste. A
copyright release will also be included with your Disney's PhotoCD. This
copyright release will allow you to take the PhotoCD to the developer of
your choice to have the photos printed.

Each PhotoCD will contain only the designated photos. The Disney
PhotoCD does not include any unclaimed or expired photos. Photo
processing is not included in any PhotoCD purchase price.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Have a Magical Day,

Disney Photo Imaging Guest Support Team

Blah, blah, blah. What really is annoying about this is that they no longer have PP photogs in teh water parks after Labor Day and we didn't even see that many photographers in the 4 main parks. I see more in DLR than I did at WDW.

Looks like I won't be buying any more WDW PP CDs anymore. :sad2:

Sorry for any of those who bought the DLR CD to get the coupon to use at WDW/DLR. :confused3

OH NO! That's a terrible change! :eek: So sorry you had to pay $90 more, that's a big OUCH!

Thanks for letting us know the bad news so we wouldn't get stuck with the unexpected extra cost.

Wow! That is a huge difference in price! I'm sorry that you got stuck with such a big difference and I truly thank you for sharing this info with all of us. I guess since this was an unadvertised policy, there was no way of knowing about the policy change until it had occurred, which is very unfortunate. Do you think there is anyway you could get them to give you the prepurchase discount? I know that Disney is sometimes able to work magic, so it might not hurt to ask...

Wow! That is a huge difference in price! I'm sorry that you got stuck with such a big difference and I truly thank you for sharing this info with all of us. I guess since this was an unadvertised policy, there was no way of knowing about the policy change until it had occurred, which is very unfortunate. Do you think there is anyway you could get them to give you the prepurchase discount? I know that Disney is sometimes able to work magic, so it might not hurt to ask...

I did send them an email explaining that I would have pre-bought my WDW CD had I known about the change. I had just done one in late June that had both WDW and DLR on it. My Dsis went to WDW in May and then we went to DLR several times after that (inc. my DSis).

I'm hoping they will let me pay only the $99.95 and also apply my coupon. :wizard: I'll report back what they tell me.

Well I just received some very shocking and disappointing news from Photopass. I contacted them about my own CD order that has both WDW and DLR pix in it. I went to DLR on Thursday the 27th and my trip to WDW was over on 10-18. My CD is coming up $149.95. I sent an email to PP asking about it.

Their policy has changed and if you have any WDW pix in your order you will be charged $149.95!!!!!!!! That pretty much *$(#)*@#!

Had I known about the policy change I would have pre-ordered my CD. Now it's too late! It will cost me $90 more than it should and I don't know if I will be able to use my Photo Gallery CD coupon on the order. This really $#@$(#*@!

So, if you are going to WDW don't buy the DLR Photo Gallery CD and make sure you pre-order you CD so you will save $50.

Here's the email I got today in reply to my question on pricing on Thursday.

Blah, blah, blah. What really is annoying about this is that they no longer have PP photogs in teh water parks after Labor Day and we didn't even see that many photographers in the 4 main parks. I see more in DLR than I did at WDW.

Looks like I won't be buying any more WDW PP CDs anymore. :sad2:

Sorry for any of those who bought the DLR CD to get the coupon to use at WDW/DLR. :confused3

That really stinks. It makes me laugh though that they use the excuse of the extra photo opportunities. I have tried 3 times to make a go of Photopass at WDW and I think the most photos I ever got was about 10. At Disneyland I got over 100 without even trying.

Corinna

That really stinks. It makes me laugh though that they use the excuse of the extra photo opportunities. I have tried 3 times to make a go of Photopass at WDW and I think the most photos I ever got was about 10. At Disneyland I got over 100 without even trying.

Corinna

I couldn't agree more! ;) I got so many more at DLR than at WDW. And with the PP in the waterparks being limited to only summer it just makes it that much worse. (IMHO)

I got an email with a code to get 30% off. I deleted the email because my WDW photos only had my DD, none of the entire family and none with my DS. After borders and emblishements, I brought the count up to 60 and it would have been about $2/picture. Half of the pics are stock professional ones, so only 30 of DD. Had I been thinking clearly, I would have shared the code before deleting it. It dropped the price to $119.

I got an email with a code to get 30% off. I deleted the email because my WDW photos only had my DD, none of the entire family and none with my DS. After borders and emblishements, I brought the count up to 60 and it would have been about $2/picture. Half of the pics are stock professional ones, so only 30 of DD. Had I been thinking clearly, I would have shared the code before deleting it. It dropped the price to $119.

Maybe I'll get one. Anything will help. ;)

Two photopass questions for everyone:

1. Is the Gallery CD (with the free photopass voucher) still available at DL?

2. How long can you keep adding pics to a photopass? I'm going to DL in December and February. Can both trips be on one CD?

Thanks!

Two photopass questions for everyone:

1. Is the Gallery CD (with the free photopass voucher) still available at DL?

2. How long can you keep adding pics to a photopass? I'm going to DL in December and February. Can both trips be on one CD?

Thanks!

Question 1 - I don't know the answer to. I was just there two days ago, meant to buy one, and totally forgot! I'll have to try to pick it up on my holiday trip.

Question 2 - you have 30 days to upload from the date the pictures are taken and then you have 30 days to order once they are uploaded. So, you have about 60 days total between dates if you wait to upload the first picts until right before they expire. I'm doing this with my November and December pictures. So, it will depend on your exact dates if you can make it happen. They also sell extensions, but I'm not sure how those work.

Any new updates on this? Just returned from WDW and went to DL and got several photos done, then went into the shop and purchased one of the gallery cd's... (even with a recomendation from the cast member as our best choice). Got it home and punched in the code and the 149 price is still there. Ughhh... Epic Fail, lol...

Anyone have any luck calling them? I guess I'll give them a call first thing in the morning to see if they can work some behind the scenes magic. I dont want to have paid $60 for the cd i just opened plus another 150 for the photos from our trip. Thats painful.

:sick:

Any new updates on this? Just returned from WDW and went to DL and got several photos done, then went into the shop and purchased one of the gallery cd's... (even with a recomendation from the cast member as our best choice). Got it home and punched in the code and the 149 price is still there. Ughhh... Epic Fail, lol...

Anyone have any luck calling them? I guess I'll give them a call first thing in the morning to see if they can work some behind the scenes magic. I dont want to have paid $60 for the cd i just opened plus another 150 for the photos from our trip. That's painful.

:sick:

Either call them or send them an email. They will give you a code (by mail) that is only for your use. I emailed them my code and they emailed me back a code with my name in it for $65 off. I was not able to combine that code with any other discount.

I brought a CD to another disboarder while in POP and she was able to get them to apply to DLR CD code by phone and they told her she would also be able to use another discount code if available. So if you have time I would call them.

Next time I go to WDW I will definitely pre-buy my CD. Early enough to inc. my pix to DLR as well. ;)

Hmmm this confirms what I was worried about! Now I am not so sure I want to take the chance of pre-ordering and putting my WDW pictures on the account.

I was sharing the account with a friend who is doing DL a week before I got to WDW, we were going to pre-order but I was not sure how the cost was so low for the DL one! I will talk to her and see if she wants me to order the $100 one she will still save $10!

Does anyone have a link so I can PP for the DL one? Just incase so she can have it. Its just DH and I going this round where she has her whole family I am sure she will get more use out of it!

Hmmm this confirms what I was worried about! Now I am not so sure I want to take the chance of pre-ordering and putting my WDW pictures on the account.

I was sharing the account with a friend who is doing DL a week before I got to WDW, we were going to pre-order but I was not sure how the cost was so low for the DL one! I will talk to her and see if she wants me to order the $100 one she will still save $10!

Does anyone have a link so I can PP for the DL one? Just incase so she can have it. Its just DH and I going this round where she has her whole family I am sure she will get more use out of it!

There is no link to prepay for the DL one. It's $59.95. If she buys the Gallery CD at the store at DL she will get a coupon for the CD which inc. shipping. If she has an AP she will get an AP discount as well.

There is no link to prepay for the DL one. It's $59.95. If she buys the Gallery CD at the store at DL she will get a coupon for the CD which inc. shipping.

Is this still in place? Planning to buy the gallery cd that includes the voucher for photopass, once we get to DL (going to to photopass store on main st.)....

Is this still in place? Planning to buy the gallery cd that includes the voucher for photopass, once we get to DL (going to to photopass store on main st.)....

As far as I know it is. My DLR AP expired at the end of Dec. so I haven't been for awhile but I'm someone on the boards has bought one recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter