PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Ahhhhh... I can't wait for the cupcake countdown. I'm going to be like that crazy stalker lady behind you guys at each cupcake stop! When you turn your head, a bite will be gone out of your cupcake...

(insert evil laugh... :joker:... ok, that's not at all an evil laugh icon but what to do? They don't have one?!?!)

BAHAHAHAHA!!! So funny!

FYI --- Proof of time (POT) submission deadlines are changing for Run Disney. W&D as well as Marathon Wknd submission dates for POT have all moved up approx 1 month earlier. We can assume this will be the case for PHM weekend as well. Last year the deadline for submitting POT was Dec 1, but we should all expect a date for early Nov.

If you want to avoid the last corral for the half marathon, you need to submit a POT of a 10K or longer. 10K time goal would be 1:28:15 for submission (which would give you a half marathon finish of 3:14:43). Really you just want cushion in the corrals so you have time for pics, potty breaks, etc. In reality though, as long as you don't get swept you will get your medal/medals.

Runner's World website has a race time predictor, which can be found here --

http://www.runnersworld.com/tools/race-times-predictor

Also, if you haven't already, mark your calendars for July 15 for PHM weekend registration!!

FYI --- Proof of time (POT) submission deadlines are changing for Run Disney. W&D as well as Marathon Wknd submission dates for POT have all moved up approx 1 month earlier. We can assume this will be the case for PHM weekend as well. Last year the deadline for submitting POT was Dec 1, but we should all expect a date for early Nov.

If you want to avoid the last corral for the half marathon, you need to submit a POT of a 10K or longer. 10K time goal would be 1:28:15 for submission (which would give you a half marathon finish of 3:14:43). Really you just want cushion in the corrals so you have time for pics, potty breaks, etc. In reality though, as long as you don't get swept you will get your medal/medals.

Also, if you haven't already, mark your calendars for July 15 for PHM weekend registration!!

Is that for everyone? I keep hearing it's going to fill up fast, do you believe that's so? Like should we be at the phone at opening of registration day? Thank you though, I have a few races I was looking into in early October here!

So from the posts after my announcement how I plan to drool the time away until PHM it looks like its time to get started on my cupcake countdown...with probably my favorite one I have had so far...

Master’s Cupcake from BOG

http://s127.photobucket.com/user/momabaarjo/media/momabaarjo077/masters_zps92daa2af.jpg.html

“Try the Grey Stuff its Delicious and if you don’t believe me ask the dishes...” But I have to agree that the Grey Stuff is delicious, just ask me (Cammy & Betsy will agree, too).

http://s127.photobucket.com/user/momabaarjo/media/momabaarjo077/mastersinside_zps361f35b3.jpg.html

I fell in love with this cupcake for lunch before the big ToT 10-miler last October, it was my prerace celebration cupcake. You can find the Master’s cupcake at BOG along with several other cupcakes including: Strawberry Cream Cheese, Triple Chocolate, Lemon Meringue. But one who dines in the Beast’s Castle simply cannot pass up the grey stuff , a cookies and cream panna cotta that’s been whipped into a creamy dessert like frosting a top a moist chocolate cupcake decorated with little sparkly edible beads and a chocolate piece with “Be Our Guest “written in gold. Actually the grey stuff goes into the cupcake as a filling. I just wanted to dip my finger (and I probably did) into the grey stuff and lick it off my fingers. It was sinful and heavenly, just like any Beauty and the Beast fan would imagine it would be. You can beat this cupcake will be on my list for my Cupcake Celebration Crawl or maybe for good luck as a prerace celebration! HMMMM...I like that MY OWN PRE-RACE TRADITION!

That does look good! When you guys went did you do quick service? If so do you still get to meet the beast after eating?

:smokin::smokin:
So from the posts after my announcement how I plan to drool the time away until PHM it looks like its time to get started on my cupcake countdown...with probably my favorite one I have had so far...

Master’s Cupcake from BOG

“Try the Grey Stuff its Delicious and if you don’t believe me ask the dishes...” But I have to agree that the Grey Stuff is delicious, just ask me (Cammy & Betsy will agree, too).

I fell in love with this cupcake for lunch before the big ToT 10-miler last October, it was my prerace celebration cupcake. You can find the Master’s cupcake at BOG along with several other cupcakes including: Strawberry Cream Cheese, Triple Chocolate, Lemon Meringue. But one who dines in the Beast’s Castle simply cannot pass up the grey stuff , a cookies and cream panna cotta that’s been whipped into a creamy dessert like frosting a top a moist chocolate cupcake decorated with little sparkly edible beads and a chocolate piece with “Be Our Guest “written in gold. Actually the grey stuff goes into the cupcake as a filling. I just wanted to dip my finger (and I probably did) into the grey stuff and lick it off my fingers. It was sinful and heavenly, just like any Beauty and the Beast fan would imagine it would be. You can beat this cupcake will be on my list for my Cupcake Celebration Crawl or maybe for good luck as a prerace celebration! HMMMM...I like that MY OWN PRE-RACE TRADITION!

I honestly don't remember this on the menu when I went for lunch in November. Perhaps I just didn't know what it was- gosh I'm so upset I didn't get to try it (I mean, I was very trying three other types but still.. I could have made room for a 4th!).

Wahhhhh:sad: Still have not tried the Grey Stuff!!!

OH NO SENSE IN BEING A STALKER LADY...:rotfl2: you are certainly invited to be a part...all of your cupcakes!

I know they need an evil laugh icon...I always have Ursula in my head..."POOR UNFORTUNATE SOUL." Has some special meaning to me and I simply love singing that line...although I really can't sing either....

I will def. meet up for some cupcakes. How could I not? You just have to watch your backs..eh, I mean cupcakes... they may disappear. :) (Kidding- I promise I will steal no one's cupcakes!)

DIS not only needs the evil laugh emoticon, but also the cupcake eating emoticon. I mean they have a popcorn one... let's make it all fair! popcorn::

I'd like to point out upon hitting submit.. I noticed two smokin icons on the top of my post.. which I find hilarous because I didn't put them there & that particular icon makes me laugh because it looks like some dude smoking weed or something...

And there he is- twice- on my post. I thought about editing my post to remove.. but then thought. Nah, I"ll let them wonder for a bit why in the world I put not one, but TWO weed smoking icons on my reply.

(He was close to my sad crying eyes icon- so I must have hit it twice? somewhere.. I don't know)...

Is that for everyone? I keep hearing it's going to fill up fast, do you believe that's so? Like should we be at the phone at opening of registration day? Thank you though, I have a few races I was looking into in early October here!

You sign up online not over the phone. DVC, Disney Visa, and AP holder usually get to sign up a week earlier.

:smokin::smokin:

I honestly don't remember this on the menu when I went for lunch in November. Perhaps I just didn't know what it was- gosh I'm so upset I didn't get to try it (I mean, I was very trying three other types but still.. I could have made room for a 4th!).

Wahhhhh:sad: Still have not tried the Grey Stuff!!!

I will def. meet up for some cupcakes. How could I not? You just have to watch your backs..eh, I mean cupcakes... they may disappear. :) (Kidding- I promise I will steal no one's cupcakes!)

DIS not only needs the evil laugh emoticon, but also the cupcake eating emoticon. I mean they have a popcorn one... let's make it all fair! popcorn::

You are so right a cupcake and an evil laugh are so needed...maybe even an icon with sound effects!

That cupcake was AMAZING...I am trying to figure how I can have about 10...:thumbsup2

DID I MENTION HOW DELICIOUS THE GREY STUFF IS...and I did not have to ask the dishes because I did not share...I think I licked the dish clean!

I'd like to point out upon hitting submit.. I noticed two smokin icons on the top of my post.. which I find hilarous because I didn't put them there & that particular icon makes me laugh because it looks like some dude smoking weed or something...

And there he is- twice- on my post. I thought about editing my post to remove.. but then thought. Nah, I"ll let them wonder for a bit why in the world I put not one, but TWO weed smoking icons on my reply.

(He was close to my sad crying eyes icon- so I must have hit it twice? somewhere.. I don't know)...

NICOLE...(YES I AM SHOUTING)....I had a really crappy last couple of days thank you so much for adding humor. I SO NEEDED IT

Why do we need smoking icons...we need cupcake icons!

Thanks Debra going to look for another 10K maybe in midSeptember-October depending on what we do in June-July!

CALENDAR MARKED...but my bank account is already :scared1::scared1::scared1:

July 15 is the general registration date. AP can register approx. a week early...I think DVC & Disney Visa too, but not 100% on that. They have a certain amount of spots they allow for early registration.

I can guarantee that GSC will fill quickly. I would count on GSC being at capacity within a few hours of general registration opening. 10K on its own will fill quickly & I wouldn't be surprised if the half marathon filled within a few days. Seems like more & more people are jumping on the Run Disney races in the last year or so. The 5K & kids races will take a bit more time to fill. Race retreat & ChEAR squad will also take a while to fill, as will breakfast in the park & Pasta in the park. If you want GSC, 1/2 marathon or 10K I would recommend signing up the first day...and early. Registration opens at 12pm EST.

You don't have to worry about submitting a time when you sign up, you can always email Run Disney (Trackshack) later & provide the info for them to verify.

Thanks Debra going to look for another 10K maybe in midSeptember-October depending on what we do in June-July!

CALENDAR MARKED...but my bank account is already :scared1::scared1::scared1:

I found myself scrambling around today looking at races too just in case we lose that month of Nov for final opportunities for a better submission for POT. Definitely puts a bit more pressure on me for my half next month.

I found myself scrambling around today looking at races too just in case we lose that month of Nov for final opportunities for a better submission for POT. Definitely puts a bit more pressure on me for my half next month.

Debbie, I'm so looking forward to running with you at PHM. And I just noticed we're both going to be at WDW Marathon weekend next year! I'm just planning on running the half. Carol ran Goofy this year and told me to remind her of some stuff she said when she thinks about going Goofy again, and now she's planning on going Dopey. LOL! :rotfl2:

CONFESSION TIME

This may get me kicked out of this group ;) BUT, I have NEVER had a cupcake at WDW :rolleyes2

I have had cheesecake brownie from BW Bakery which I LOVE ::yes::

I have had carrot cake cookie from Sweet Spells which I LOVE ::yes::

But that's about it...no cupcakes...and I love cupcakes. This all MUST change!

I also fully admit that I did NOT have a Dole Whip or Dole Whip Float last month at WDW :rolleyes2 BUT I did have bread pudding from O'hana & Raglan Road...does that count?

Also, since I am making confessions here...I do not own any Sparkle Skirts, in fact I had never worn any type of running skirt until last month during the 5K & half marathon.

So...can I still be part of the group? :blush:

Debbie, I'm so looking forward to running with you at PHM. And I just noticed we're both going to be at WDW Marathon weekend next year! I'm just planning on running the half. Carol ran Goofy this year and told me to remind her of some stuff she said when she thinks about going Goofy again, and now she's planning on going Dopey. LOL! :rotfl2:

We will all have so much fun PHM weekend!

I am really excited about Marathon wknd too!!

You aren't JUST running the half, you are running the HALF! That is a huge accomplishment!

I am scared out of my mind to do Goofy!!!!! I originally thought briefly about Dopey, but I think it's just too much for me. 4 early, early mornings & I don't nap well during the day...I decided no Dopey for me.

Looking forward to getting to know you more over the year!

CONFESSION TIME This may get me kicked out of this group ;) BUT, I have NEVER had a cupcake at WDW :rolleyes2 I have had cheesecake brownie from BW Bakery which I LOVE ::yes:: I have had carrot cake cookie from Sweet Spells which I LOVE ::yes:: But that's about it...no cupcakes...and I love cupcakes. This all MUST change! I also fully admit that I did NOT have a Dole Whip or Dole Whip Float last month at WDW :rolleyes2 BUT I did have bread pudding from O'hana & Raglan Road...does that count? Also, since I am making confessions here...I do not own any Sparkle Skirts, in fact I had never worn any type of running skirt until last month during the 5K & half marathon. So...can I still be part of the group? :blush:

Oh Debra we will change all of this! The sparkle skirt doesn't bother me at all...but they are awesome! But we need to expand your disney food adventures! Lol

And btw my comfort food of choice is bread pudding!

We will all have so much fun PHM weekend!

I am really excited about Marathon wknd too!!

You aren't JUST running the half, you are running the HALF! That is a huge accomplishment!

I am scared out of my mind to do Goofy!!!!! I originally thought briefly about Dopey, but I think it's just too much for me. 4 early, early mornings & I don't nap well during the day...I decided no Dopey for me.

Looking forward to getting to know you more over the year!

Were you at Marathon Weekend this year? I volunteered during the full. That's my plan next year as well, then Carol and you as well will have someone to look forward to in some point of the race.

And I say yes to you staying in the group even tho you haven't have a cupcake or own a sparkle skirt. But I swear they are both amazing. Marathon weekend I brought back I think six cupcakes to share with the guys at work. I'll have to find the photo of that spread for Tammie. ;)

Oh Debra we will change all of this! The sparkle skirt doesn't bother me at all...but they are awesome! But we need to expand your disney food adventures! Lol

And btw my comfort food of choice is bread pudding!

Phew, you aren't going to kick me out of the group due to my lack of WDW cupcake experience ;)

I do want to try the cupcake with the grey stuff. I am excited to see all of your cupcake posts now!

I could totally go for some O'hana bread pudding right about now :cloud9:

OH...and your other post about possibly another 10K in Sept/Oct, I know there is a HITS running festival in OKC in Oct, on the 12th (Sunday). They offer a 10K. I am considering doing the 10K (1pm) or half marathon (7am)there. Those are affordable & chip timed. If you come up for that one, I would be willing to do the 10K with you, I might still do the half that morning too though. Anyways, it is just an option for you to think about in case you want it.

Were you at Marathon Weekend this year? I volunteered during the full. That's my plan next year as well, then Carol and you as well will have someone to look forward to in some point of the race.

And I say yes to you staying in the group even tho you haven't have a cupcake or own a sparkle skirt. But I swear they are both amazing. Marathon weekend I brought back I think six cupcakes to share with the guys at work. I'll have to find the photo of that spread for Tammie. ;)

I was not at Marathon weekend this past year. That is awesome you volunteer! I will definitely be on the lookout for a friendly familiar face during the full!

Thanks for letting me stay in the group :goodvibes I promise to change my cupcake ways ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter