PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

I hope to check in on you all from time to time! I'm 75% sure I'm doing this race (my first) and I'm pretty sure I'd be a cupcake, too. :-)

So glad you are joining along...so exciting your first race. Three of our cupcakes are veteran Disney runners and can offer you lots of advice! This will be my second race! I think I am more excited about PHM then I was the first race...now that my nerves are gone I can focus on the experience. I hope that 75% turns into 100%! Cupcakes are always welcome in our group! You cant have enough cupcakes (friends)!

Great job with your training this past week. The hardest part is just getting back out there and doing it. Hopefully the shin issues will calm down.

I am kicking myself for slacking off after ToT! I am not sure what was going on in my head...and I cant blame it too much on weather! I am sure the shin things will calm down. I am also working hard to lose some weight...almost 13 pounds since January 1! I think this will help lots!

Honestly I have taken this week off from training after the half on Sunday. Not really a "planned" break, but after being gone for 6 days, my house was in shambles when I returned. Finally caught up on laundry and cleaning (I thought I was a Princess??) and would have loved to go out for a run this morning, but little man doesn't go to school on Fridays, so I am going to try and get out for a run tomorrow after my oldest's soccer game.

What no fairy godmother to take care of the house! GRRR! And I think you need a little break...5K, 10K and half last week! :worship::worship::worship:

Oh, and we have already talked about the Avenger's race...that is not one for this girl -- perhaps if I can ever get hubby to run a half marathon with me I would do it, but since that will never happen (his words, not mine), no Avengers race for me :sad2:

LOL...his words, not yours! But you did get him running a 5K! :woohoo:

I hear you about running be hard...it is very hard for me! So glad to find another Galloway runner...most of us cupcakes are! When I started my training without knowing about Galloway I felt like such a failure but then I learned about intervals...and hey I am successful and this is something I actually enjoying! :woohoo: Yay another scrapbooker...hmmm we must shop at the same digital store! Do you know about mousescrappers.com it is an amazing site for Disney scrapbookers. You can always be a cupcake! The only rules are that you have to enjoy the experience and celebrate with a cupcake! :yay:

I love mousescrappers! I love kellybell designs and I live Brittish Designs... I just happen to be a super slow scrapper and am about a decade behind! I JUST finished my 2009 Disney Trip!

Also I am a sugar addict so I pretty much run to eat things like cupcakes and chocolate and cake!!! Celebrating with a cupcake can be done! I will add it to my post party plans! ;)

I love mousescrappers! I love kellybell designs and I live Brittish Designs... I just happen to be a super slow scrapper and am about a decade behind! I JUST finished my 2009 Disney Trip!

Also I am a sugar addict so I pretty much run to eat things like cupcakes and chocolate and cake!!! Celebrating with a cupcake can be done! I will add it to my post party plans! ;)

No I am a slow scrapper...:rotfl2:My children's albums are caught up to 2005! UGH...that means the 8 year old has no albums! And I have yet to complete all of our 2011 Disney trip (although the Disney part is completed...it is that dark side that I love that is still not done).

I love mousescrappers too! Just finished scrap marathon... and won gold!

I like my sugar too, although I have been working really hard to cut it out of my every day diet! My legs are telling me I have got to lose this extra weight!

No I am a slow scrapper...:rotfl2:My children's albums are caught up to 2005! UGH...that means the 8 year old has no albums! And I have yet to complete all of our 2011 Disney trip (although the Disney part is completed...it is that dark side that I love that is still not done).

I love mousescrappers too! Just finished scrap marathon... and won gold!

I like my sugar too, although I have been working really hard to cut it out of my every day diet! My legs are telling me I have got to lose this extra weight!

I do a 'yearbook' of the entire family and I try to stay current with that. I'm usually just a few months behind. But that means no time for the vacations ones. I finished the 2009 Disney Trip..

But I have 2010, 2011, Disney Cruise 2012, Disney 2013.... and Fantasy 2014. So um yhea.... I have my hobby for when I retire. Hahahaha!

Way to WIN THE GOLD! I can never join those speed scraps- they always fall when I have to get kids to activities or bed or whatever! Again- plans for retirement. Great, great job- did you get a prize? I hope so!

Tammie - I'm working on my intro and Carol's today, but we actually have FIVE! RunDisney Veterans in our group. Carol, Cammy, Debra, yourself, and me! Intros coming soon!

Betsy

Real Life Side: I work for a Construction company in Boston, MA. I'm currently going to school online for my Master's in Construction Management. So far I have one class down and nine left to go. I live on the North Shore of MA with my BF (who is still on a Disney ban) and our two cats, Jessie & Elise. I've lived somewhere up in the Northeast my whole life and someone need to stop making Elsa mad at us!

Disney Side: My first trip to Disney World is documented by my dad in 1986, We didn't go back to a Disney park until 1995. In 2006, the Disney bug hit hard and I went to the parks twice in a year. In 2011, I got an AP, and gave it up in 2012 saying I wasn't going to go as much. :rotfl: I ended up going to DisneyWorld three times last year and Disneyland once! Lesson learned I'm back with my AP and four trips planned this year and three for 2015.

Running Side: I'm so a cupcake. I love the bling and I love Disney, but I do not like running. I've completed TOT in 2012, PHM in 2013, Dumbo in 2013. This year I have Expedition Everest and Wine & Dine on my list of Disney races. Next year holds three Disney races in 5 months! I'll get some updates in the running and race section soon!

I do a 'yearbook' of the entire family and I try to stay current with that. I'm usually just a few months behind. But that means no time for the vacations ones. I finished the 2009 Disney Trip..

But I have 2010, 2011, Disney Cruise 2012, Disney 2013.... and Fantasy 2014. So um yhea.... I have my hobby for when I retire. Hahahaha!

Way to WIN THE GOLD! I can never join those speed scraps- they always fall when I have to get kids to activities or bed or whatever! Again- plans for retirement. Great, great job- did you get a prize? I hope so!

I need to get working on a family album. I have been planning to go that direction now for years instead of separate kid books...ugh I need motivation!

Great hobby when you retire! Its mine too!

Thanks! I actually took the Friday off so I could do the marathon. It was what finally pushed me over the edge to getting this latest album done. Lots of great digital prizes of kits and such. I have not fully unzipped all of the files yet....but lots of fun stuff!

Tammie - I'm working on my intro and Carol's today, but we actually have FIVE! RunDisney Veterans in our group. Carol, Cammy, Debra, yourself, and me! Intros coming soon!

You, Carol and Debra....:worship:

Betsy

Real Life Side: I work for a Construction company in Boston, MA. I'm currently going to school online for my Master's in Construction Management. So far I have one class down and nine left to go. I live on the North Shore of MA with my BF (who is still on a Disney ban) and our two cats, Jessie & Elise. I've lived somewhere up in the Northeast my whole life and someone need to stop making Elsa mad at us!

Disney Side: My first trip to Disney World is documented by my dad in 1986, We didn't go back to a Disney park until 1995. In 2006, the Disney bug hit hard and I went to the parks twice in a year. In 2011, I got an AP, and gave it up in 2012 saying I wasn't going to go as much. :rotfl: I ended up going to DisneyWorld three times last year and Disneyland once! Lesson learned I'm back with my AP and four trips planned this year and three for 2015.

Running Side: I'm so a cupcake. I love the bling and I love Disney, but I do not like running. I've completed TOT in 2012, PHM in 2013, Dumbo in 2013. This year I have Expedition Everest and Wine & Dine on my list of Disney races. Next year holds three Disney races in 5 months! I'll get some updates in the running and race section soon!

I know Elsa needs to calm down...Saturday as 70 here and yesterday was 7 for a high...with ice. While we have not had a lot of snow the cold has been awful! Great Intro...I will get it linked tonight.

I need to get working on a family album. I have been planning to go that direction now for years instead of separate kid books...ugh I need motivation!

Great hobby when you retire! Its mine too!

Thanks! I actually took the Friday off so I could do the marathon. It was what finally pushed me over the edge to getting this latest album done. Lots of great digital prizes of kits and such. I have not fully unzipped all of the files yet....but lots of fun stuff!

I got some scrapping done this weekend too- I had a surgery on Friday which laid me up this weekend which was perfecto time for some catching up. Course, by catching up..that means like 4 layouts because I am the world's slowest scrapper.

I posted a few of my layouts on my PTR of Disney stuff...

Also, sounds like I have a good chance I might be running PHM 2015! I had a DisFriend come back from this year & she wants to run again... and I have two ladies in my Cruise FB group that want to do it- we've been chatting all weekend about making it happen. So maybe I'll see you there! :) Say cheers with a cupcake!

I got some scrapping done this weekend too- I had a surgery on Friday which laid me up this weekend which was perfecto time for some catching up. Course, by catching up..that means like 4 layouts because I am the world's slowest scrapper.

I posted a few of my layouts on my PTR of Disney stuff...

Also, sounds like I have a good chance I might be running PHM 2015! I had a DisFriend come back from this year & she wants to run again... and I have two ladies in my Cruise FB group that want to do it- we've been chatting all weekend about making it happen. So maybe I'll see you there! :) Say cheers with a cupcake!

Yay for some pages done this weekend. We had a busy weekend so no sitting in front of my computer and winning mother of the year awards for ignoring my children!

Hope you are recovering well!:wizard:

I will get over to your PTR and see your layouts tonight...pictures are blocked here at work. Which means I really should be working!

I would SO LOVE TO SPLIT A CUPCAKE WITH YOU! After reading your TR I find you are a kindred spirit in lots of things...:banana::banana::banana:

So glad you are joining along...so exciting your first race. Three of our cupcakes are veteran Disney runners and can offer you lots of advice! This will be my second race! I think I am more excited about PHM then I was the first race...now that my nerves are gone I can focus on the experience. I hope that 75% turns into 100%! Cupcakes are always welcome in our group! You cant have enough cupcakes (friends)!

Thanks! First things first, I need to get fitted for some shoes. :)

Thanks! First things first, I need to get fitted for some shoes. :)

You are so right...shoes are important. I did not realize starting out the importance of a good pair of shoes...and making sure that you are fitted with someone who knows about running. I am still in sticker shock over the price of my shoes :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:...about $150 for a pair but my feet and legs love me for it. I have been thinking though lately I think I need to be refitted...my Brooks are feeling a little off and I know it is not time for a new pair yet. On top of the shoes I love my compression socks and find myself only wearing compression socks now! I love the tight pressure they have and make my foot feel like a massage!:goodvibes

Tammie's Training Update
Galloway 5K Week 2
Total Distance: 17.38 miles

The weather is playing havoc on my running as it goes from 40 degrees to 70 the next day along with the wind picking up. Oh the joys of spring nearing where I live. Tuesday I was wearing my Bondi band as ear warmers and in my running pants with a jacket, while Thursday I was back in sunglasses and a sparkle skirt and short sleeved top! The weatherman each morning is getting more attention from me as I try to map out the weeks runs from his 10day forecast…which never seems to be right!

Sunday (Feb 23-OFF)

Monday (Feb 24-OFF)
I had not intended to take 2 days in a row off from working out, but life just seemed to get in the way along with the weather.

Tuesday (Feb 25-Interval Workout 5k wk 2/day 1): 2.06 miles/13:44 mm I almost skipped my work out again today, but I knew I could not continue skipping thanks to the weather and the wind. So I bundled up just as soon as I got dinner ready for the family and headed out. The temperature was less than 40 degrees but the wind was somewhat calm (or at least calm for where I live). Overall, it was a nice run and I felt great for getting out there. I love the time I get alone when I am working out!

Wednesday (Feb 26-Elliptical Workout): 30 minutes/7.5 miles
I really did not intend to get on the elliptical but schedules get in the way and I just could not make it outside for a nice walk. I have been trying to stay off the elliptical because I think it is aggravating my shins. I hate it sitting there, but really think I need to get rid of it and invest in a treadmill.

Thursday (Feb 27-Interval Workout 5K wk2/day2): 2.6 miles/14:07 mm What a difference a couple days makes in the weather it was near 70 when I headed out for my workout. The shins gave me a little bit of an issue, but what troubled me the most was I had a deep bruise like ache in the area where my stress fracture was…am I pushing myself too much, not stretching enough, elliptical, shoes? Ugh, looks like I need to wear my heavy compression sleeve tomorrow and give my leg some support. Despite the nagging concern for my leg, I had one of my best times EVER! My 2nd mile split was under 13 minutes. WOW! I ended up after I finished 2 miles walking another ½ mile as a cool down, the weather was just so pretty and I did not feel like stopping.

Friday (Feb 28-Walk): 2.12 mi/15:26 mm
I needed a break from my office and the weather was just right so I decided to get out and walk during lunch. I must say that I really wish that I lived in this neighborhood because walking here is so enjoyable. The neighborhood is very quiet and feels really safe, and the great thing is that I don’t have to worry about someone letting their dogs run wild. I have a fear of dogs not on leashes and have had way too many encounters with them. I don’t run in my neighborhood for that fact, and even at the park that I run at that boarders a neighborhood not far from where I live I have to worry about dogs and safety.

Saturday (March 1-Interval Workout 5K wk 2/day3): 3.1 miles/13:44 mmBrrr was it cold at 8 am, 28 degrees to be exact. DS#2 decided to be up at the crack of dawn while the rest of the house slept in and of course I am up with him so I decided to get my run done since the weekend was going to be busy as well as bitterly cold by this evening. My workout only called for 1.75 miles today, but I decided to go farther since I was feeling strong. I am really surprised at my overall pace because the last ½ mile I walked and still managed to get my pace under 14 minutes! Again my 2nd mile split was under 13 minutes (12:34). During the last bit of the workout I found this little guy. Don’t you think he matches my run outfit! He brought a smile to my chattering lips!

Yay for some pages done this weekend. We had a busy weekend so no sitting in front of my computer and winning mother of the year awards for ignoring my children!

Hope you are recovering well!:wizard:

I will get over to your PTR and see your layouts tonight...pictures are blocked here at work. Which means I really should be working!

I would SO LOVE TO SPLIT A CUPCAKE WITH YOU! After reading your TR I find you are a kindred spirit in lots of things...:banana::banana::banana:

Kindred spirits- I always liked that phrase... reminds me of the book Anne of Green Gables which is a favorite! Therefore, cupcake time it is.. I'm up to 99% of doing PHM 2015.

I have won many, many mother of the year awards scrapbooking. My favorite are when my hubby comes down at 10pm and is like.. 'why are the kids still up?' and I'm like 'oh, shoot.. right.... '

You are so right...shoes are important. I did not realize starting out the importance of a good pair of shoes...and making sure that you are fitted with someone who knows about running. I am still in sticker shock over the price of my shoes :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:...about $150 for a pair but my feet and legs love me for it. I have been thinking though lately I think I need to be refitted...my Brooks are feeling a little off and I know it is not time for a new pair yet. On top of the shoes I love my compression socks and find myself only wearing compression socks now! I love the tight pressure they have and make my foot feel like a massage!:goodvibes

I need a new pair of shoes too. I just noticed the threads are bare on my previous pair. I forget the mileage on them to replace? Mine are about a year old.. so it's time....I just don't want to shell out the $150 again.

I have compression socks too- found I can't run in them though. I get too hot. I like to wear them after my run.

Tammie's Monthly Mileage:
February 2014

February Mileage: 32.42 miles

Kindred spirits- I always liked that phrase... reminds me of the book Anne of Green Gables which is a favorite! Therefore, cupcake time it is.. I'm up to 99% of doing PHM 2015.

One my all time favorite books too! 99%...how can we get you to 100%! I like how you have come up 4% in a few hours! I am going to hold you to that DISmeet at JellyRolls. That sounds like so much fun! I probably would be singing at the top of my lungs since I will be still on a sugar high and we can get more cupcakes at BWB! Oreo BonBon here we come!

I have won many, many mother of the year awards scrapbooking. My favorite are when my hubby comes down at 10pm and is like.. 'why are the kids still up?' and I'm like 'oh, shoot.. right.... '

That happens at your house too...:rotfl2:

I need a new pair of shoes too. I just noticed the threads are bare on my previous pair. I forget the mileage on them to replace? Mine are about a year old.. so it's time....I just don't want to shell out the $150 again.

I have compression socks too- found I can't run in them though. I get too hot. I like to wear them after my run.

I think I am going to hold off for a few more months. These shoes only have about 100 miles on them...

As for the compression socks, I wore 2 pairs for ToT...I wanted my feet being as tight as possible. I don't remember them being hot, but I had other things to worry about that night!

Life Update...shameless Mommie Brags

I think I mentioned that Ab earned her Girl Scout Gold Award recently (the equivalent to a Boy Scout Eagle). Well Saturday she was honored by her troop (which is connected to a Boy Scout, Venture Scout and Girl Scout dance group) with a special blanketing ceremony during the Winter Season Finale Show...

Here is my beautiful Ab in her Winter Dance Regalia along with her Kwa blanket and feathers.

Life Update...shameless Mommie Brags I think I mentioned that Ab earned her Girl Scout Gold Award recently (the equivalent to a Boy Scout Eagle). Well Saturday she was honored by her troop (which is connected to a Boy Scout, Venture Scout and Girl Scout dance group) with a special blanketing ceremony during the Winter Season Finale Show... http://s127.photobucket.com/user/mo...F-429B-B392-AE2085046A60_zpspyhlnfrg.jpg.html Here is my beautiful Ab in her Winter Dance Regalia along with her Kwa blanket and feathers.

Oh that is so, so amazing! Congrats on that awesome accomplishmenf!

I lead both my older girls troops! Becca is a Cadette about to start her silver and Sarah is a Brownie! We've been in Scouts sice B was in K!

Gold is such and amazing accomplisment! Congrats to your daughter!

Great job this past week on your mileage! You are doing a great job with your pace!!

I pulled a groin muscle and by Saturday I could barely walk. It is feeling better, but not 100% yet, so I am hoping to get on the bike tomorrow and hopefully out for a run in the next day or so.

Congratulations to Ab on her achievement! You must be such a proud momma!!

I am still working on my intro...ok, I haven't started it yet, but I will get around to it...promise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter