Pharmacy that delivers?

Agri

DIS Veteran
I realized one of my mom's prescriptions did not get refilled too late to do anything about it before we left for our trip. Is there a pharmacy near WDW that delivers to the resorts? I'd like to have her doctor call in the script and get it delivered as we won't have a car.

I realized one of my mom's prescriptions did not get refilled too late to do anything about it before we left for our trip. Is there a pharmacy near WDW that delivers to the resorts? I'd like to have her doctor call in the script and get it delivered as we won't have a car.

If you go to the front desk of the hotel you are in they will give you the name of the drug store that delivers. Be aware that they do not take any prescription plans and you pay cash. The drugs are charged to your room at Disney.

Is her doctor in Florida?

I'm not sure a doctor from one state can call a prescription into another state.

Since I'm pretty sure if you move from one state to another you have to be re-certified in your new state. Its usually just some paper work but its not instantaneous.

My sister practices in NY and when she has visited and looked at my sons, I'm pretty sure she said she can't write a script in PA.

FYI - the delivery charge quoted to me for a small item was $5 to our WDW resort. Diapers you should be able to get at your resort.

I own a pharmacy in Tampa, so I thought I would chime in with some information. As long as your mom's doctor has an active medical license he/she can call in a new prescription to any pharmacy in Florida (not sure about laws in other states). If there is an active prescription with refills at your mom's local pharmacy, turner drugs can call the and transfer the Rx and fill for your mom. Hope that helps you!

I own a pharmacy in Tampa, so I thought I would chime in with some information. As long as your mom's doctor has an active medical license he/she can call in a new prescription to any pharmacy in Florida (not sure about laws in other states). If there is an active prescription with refills at your mom's local pharmacy, turner drugs can call the and transfer the Rx and fill for your mom. Hope that helps you!

Good to know

I've had my doctor call in a prescription for me (not from FL). Turner Drugs is awesome! Unfortunately, I had to use their services twice, but they deliver and you don't have to wait around the resort. They'll leave the meds at the front desk. Their charge will appear on your hotel bill. Couldn't be easier! :thumbsup2

A doc can call a prescription into Walgreens, too; then, you can go to the one on 13880 Town Place Blvd in Orlando and pick it up. Yes, you have to pay for a taxi, but you can use your own prescription plan, which could save you the money.

Script Delivery:

1) Turner Drug is the authorized pharmacy for WDW.
2) They deliver to any resort 8:00am-10:30pm.
3) You cannot use medical insurance.
. . . doctor calls in the script
. . . you can also just give your script to the Front Desk
. . . the meds are delivered to Front Desk by Turner
. . . you pay or have charges added to your bill
. . . you take the receipt and send to you insurance company
. . . your insurance company then reimburses you, not Turner

That's what I was going to say! I've had docs call in Rxs for me in many different states. I always seem to get sick when out of town... :confused3

Beware though they don't take insurance and they price gauge. We ended up taking a taxi to an all night pharmacy and it was WAY cheaper. They quoted us $2000+ for two prescriptions when my DH got H1N1 while we were at Disney.

For Keflex and Tamiflu ~ it cost us $0 at the pharmacy ~ but the charge to our insurance was only $700.

Same thing with us. My dd needed Augmentin and they charged me $187, and it would only be $5 with insurance. I would never recommend Turner. Take a cab to Walgreens or CVS.

Thanks for all the information! I'll be sure to price check first. Its her cholesterol medicine, so hopefully it won't be too bad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter