PH ? between EP and DS

mom22boys

DIS Veteran
Hi, we typically do not PH, but we only have one day in October to do EP and HS. Top on our list for this trip are GoG, Remy, and Harmonious. If we can enjoy some of our favorites at HS that would be great, but we do not have "must haves" there. For this reason, I was debating about starting at EP and then hopping to HS, but I am not sure. Those of you with more PH experience, what do you recommend? I have been watching Genie+ availability and am familiar with how to "stack." Any recommendations you have would be appreciated. Thanks!

Personally, I would start in HS to get done whatever you want between opening and 2pm. Then hop to Epcot for the rest of the evening, hopefully having some LL stacked up in Epcot.

I just did an Epcot/HS day on Sunday, starting at Epcot and hopping to HS mid-afternoon (maybe 3ish), and had an awesome day. First off, if you want to do Guardians Virtual Queue, you need to start your day at Epcot, because you must have a park reservation for Epcot to be eligible. I was able to enter HS with 3 LLs stacked (Slinky, Tower of Terror, and Toy Story Mania) plus an ILL for Rise. With the way things work now with G+ for people hopping, in between booking Slinky at 7 AM and Tower late morning after the times had shifted to late afternoon, I was able to get and use use 3 LLs in near real time in Epcot.

I feel that Epcot first, HS second is the way to do these two parks. HS LLs shift to afternoon pretty quick, making it hard to make good use of G+ before wanting to hop. Most of Epcot can easily be done with reasonable waits without G+, especially in the morning, allowing you to focus G+ on stacking for afternoon/evening at HS.

We just did EPCOT and then went to HS around 2. For us it made sense because there was more in Epcot we knew we wanted to see and we were traveling with a 3 year old so couldn’t stay out very late, so didn’t want to have to wait until 2 pm to go to EPCOT. I’m glad we did it that way. We really enjoyed EPCOT and liked being there in the early hours before it got crowded. We ended up using Genie+ for Remy in the morning (probably could have rope dropped but didn’t want to risk lines) and then stacking HS rides for the afternoon because there wasn’t anything else we were doing in Epcot that required LL. My husband also did ILL for GoG at 7 am and got a spot for 10:15, so that worked out.

If you were to do it this way, I think you could go back to EPCOT for dinner and Harmonious at night if you wanted. The sky liner made travel between the two extremely easy, even pleasant.

The only thing I didn’t like about doing EPCOT first is that some of the World Showcase booths and stores didn’t open until 11. I also think EPCOT is probably a little cooler from the water and we ended up being in HS during the hottest part of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter