Pete's Google Glass Review

zulemara

<font color=royalblue>Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!<br
Does anyone have the date Pete did(I assume) a Google Glass review? I just got mine and I'm trying to find it, I'm interested to hear his thoughts.
Thanks!

Does anyone have the date Pete did(I assume) a Google Glass review? I just got mine and I'm trying to find it, I'm interested to hear his thoughts.
Thanks!

I don't know abut Pete's review. I'm sure someone can help you find it.

I'm interested in what you think of yours. I'm just wondering what the advantage is to having one? How do you operate it? I imagine it takes some time to ramp up.

I just got them on Friday so I'm pretty new to them still. They are definitely designed for short bursts of information and contact, not lengthy reading or anything of that nature.

So far I used them on the Mississippi on Friday to capture video, pictures, and my dockings (because I'm STILL a watercraft geek like that) and on Saturday to record my cousin's high school graduation. I didn't have to look like a "tool" like my mother holding up her iPad to take a picture, but that's another story :rotfl:

I was able to comfortably record from my seat without sticking a phone in the air and potentially block someone behind me too. I haven't used some of the more extensive features like the screen giving me travel info or being able to walk around a major city and get information on things around me, but that's coming this weekend since I'll be traveling to Vegas for a conference.

I think the major draw to me is the hands free recording, allowing you to really capture moments you couldn't so easily capture. I HATE recording things I see for the first time because you're so immersed in ur recording device that you don't get to enjoy what you're seeing. Glass changes that. DH and I love to record our lives(boring as it may be since I'm no longer in Orlando) so I find there will be a lot of use for these later on. I'll be performing with the Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps reunion corps this summer so I'll be able to record that from my POV while playing.

Without getting on too much of a sentimental soap box, my drive in life is to live it NOW and capture it as much as I can with the one I love. If I die tomorrow, then I would hope there is footage of me to be played showing a life that was lived to the fullest.

I also see the flip side of the privacy issue which will no doubt get brought up. Hit and run? If you have glass on, a simple button click just looking at the plates and you potentially have it captured. There are many situations I think it could be useful. Imagine a robbery where the police can piece together glass footage and surveillance to catch the criminal.

So I haven't gotten to play with everything yet, but I gotta tell ya it's FUN to demo them to people. I get such enthusiastic "THIS IS SO COOL" from people thus far. I am gonna start recording the demos on my phone :rotfl:

That's it for now, project today is cleaning my office. Maybe I should take a picture and post #throughglass LOL

I just got them on Friday so I'm pretty new to them still. They are definitely designed for short bursts of information and contact, not lengthy reading or anything of that nature.

So far I used them on the Mississippi on Friday to capture video, pictures, and my dockings (because I'm STILL a watercraft geek like that) and on Saturday to record my cousin's high school graduation. I didn't have to look like a "tool" like my mother holding up her iPad to take a picture, but that's another story :rotfl:

I was able to comfortably record from my seat without sticking a phone in the air and potentially block someone behind me too. I haven't used some of the more extensive features like the screen giving me travel info or being able to walk around a major city and get information on things around me, but that's coming this weekend since I'll be traveling to Vegas for a conference.

I think the major draw to me is the hands free recording, allowing you to really capture moments you couldn't so easily capture. I HATE recording things I see for the first time because you're so immersed in ur recording device that you don't get to enjoy what you're seeing. Glass changes that. DH and I love to record our lives(boring as it may be since I'm no longer in Orlando) so I find there will be a lot of use for these later on. I'll be performing with the Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps reunion corps this summer so I'll be able to record that from my POV while playing.

Without getting on too much of a sentimental soap box, my drive in life is to live it NOW and capture it as much as I can with the one I love. If I die tomorrow, then I would hope there is footage of me to be played showing a life that was lived to the fullest.

I also see the flip side of the privacy issue which will no doubt get brought up. Hit and run? If you have glass on, a simple button click just looking at the plates and you potentially have it captured. There are many situations I think it could be useful. Imagine a robbery where the police can piece together glass footage and surveillance to catch the criminal.

So I haven't gotten to play with everything yet, but I gotta tell ya it's FUN to demo them to people. I get such enthusiastic "THIS IS SO COOL" from people thus far. I am gonna start recording the demos on my phone :rotfl:

That's it for now, project today is cleaning my office. Maybe I should take a picture and post #throughglass LOL

That's interesting! I know next to nothing about google glass.

How do you maneuver from one website to another? Isn't it weird to have the world as a backdrop to your websites? I think I'd be on overload trying to filter out the background.

How do you go from one website to another? Can you sync websites with a keyboard?

Can you get prescription glasses with google glass?

I don't recall Pete doing a review of Google Glass on the show. With that being said, I know that both him and Corey have made comments about using it and loving it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter