person we know and genie+

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
a sort of friend of my DH was in the world in nov he has some incontent issues and he said he went to guest services and explained things to them and he said they gave both him and his wife free genie+ since with his issues he cant stand in long lines

my DH has bad knees he takes a scooter on park days--after we heard about this were wondering just how flexable it really is to get the genie+ depending on what type of issues you have--

if this person could get it since he cant stand in long lines and so he can take care of bathroom issues I would think if you have standing issues you could also get it

now Im in no way trying to get around anything just think its strange that this person could get the genie+ and yet there must be large amount of people with all sorts of issues that could then get this

any thoughts

a sort of friend of my DH was in the world in nov he has some incontent issues and he said he went to guest services and explained things to them and he said they gave both him and his wife free genie+ since with his issues he cant stand in long lines

my DH has bad knees he takes a scooter on park days--after we heard about this were wondering just how flexable it really is to get the genie+ depending on what type of issues you have--

if this person could get it since he cant stand in long lines and so he can take care of bathroom issues I would think if you have standing issues you could also get it

now Im in no way trying to get around anything just think its strange that this person could get the genie+ and yet there must be large amount of people with all sorts of issues that could then get this

any thoughts
Genie + is available for all to purchase. If a person has other challenges that they feel require assistance they can enquire about Disney's DAS.

WDW’s Disability Access Service (DAS) is explained in the first post of this thread. If your husband’s needs are related to standing, that is considered a stamina/mobility issue and does not typically qualify for DAS absent other needs. I recommend a mobility device such as an ECV, wheelchair or rollator; he does not need to use it at all times and can walk some.

As mentioned, DAS is not Genie+ even though both use the Lightning Lane entrances at most attractions.

thanks so much for the advice we actually thought it was rather odd that just based on say so both him and his wife just to get genie+ for there whole stay
Im starting to think maybe he got the genie+ and the DAS confused

as far as DH goes he does get a scooter just for the parks like I said he does hold up pretty good when were there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter