Perfect Fairytale Wedding Dress?

sweetpeajoey

Cinderella Fan
Has anyone seen a wedding dress that would be "the perfect fairytale wedding dress"?

Or has anyone worn "the perfect fairytale wedding dress" for their wedding and would like to share pictures or links?

I am desperate for ideas for my own wedding dress for my wedding in 2005 at the Disney World Pavillion.

I'm thinking silver and white with swarovski crystals....... but I am open to suggestions if anyone wants to through some ideas at me!!!

:)

Well, that's kind of hard to say.. Lots of people have lots of different opinions on what is perfect. I guess I would say that the perfect fairy tale gown would be a white embroidered ball gown by Reem Acra. Someone else may say the perfect gown is a simple A-line or a dramatic sheath.. So I guess it should be what's perfect for you?? A ball gown with a massive tulle skirt or something made of silk?? If you have the funds for it, I would suggest looking at Reem Acra ball gowns... The embroidery, fabrics, and construction are absolutely wonderful!! You can get a sample Reem Acra gown from Bride Couture or from Bride Power. I hope this helps a tiny bit! ;)
Jess

Have you used the dress search on www.theknot.com or www.weddingchannel.com?

Also, if the dress you find is out of your price and you're not objected to buying off the internet, I have found www.pearlsplace.com and www.bridalmarketplace.com offer some of the most fantastic prices - up to 30% off retail! I purchased my Amsale online and SO glad I did! It is perfect!

Like the previous poster said, perfect fairytale is subjective. Reem Acra makes fabulous dresses! And I'm partial to my dress :) but all of Amsale's dresses have luxurious fabric and any style to fit your needs. I think my dress fits 'perfect fairtytale' but I'm sure many don't. ;) Here's a pic if you're intersted : sash dress

Good luck!

Oh the Amsale Sash gown!!!!!!! I love that gown!! The fabric is gorgeous.. The whole gown is gorgeous!! I think that makes a great fairy tale gown! That fabric looks so beautiful in pictures (I've never seen it in real life)... Are you wearing it with a full crinoline or a flatter one?? I know there was much controversy on the knot at one time about how much crinoline a sash gown should have.. LOL!!! Anyways, congrats on such a beautiful gown!
Jess

Thanks Jess! (I'm bharvey80 on the knot btw) It is a luxurious fabric - the dress is a silk satin and the sash is iridescent taffeta....and I totally agree - it makes a great fairtyale dress. And if you're not fond of the blue you can get the sash in white, ivory or champagne as well. It does come with the crinoline attached to it which is quite poofy, so I definitely don't need to add any to it, but if you take any out the sash doesn't lay right on the butt.

Wow, thats a dress and a half!! It's lovely!

Where are you getting married in Vegas?? Will you post pictures or a link to some or email me some when you get back? I'd love to see you in it!!

Thnx for the post. I have had a little look at the knot but there are sooooo many designers I don't have time to look at them all. That's why I have asked for suggestions so that I can go straight to the good dresses!!

Are you going to wear gloves or a stole with the dress? How are you going to have your hair?

It's all exciting stuff!! :Pinkbounc

:) Thanks! I had a hard time with the dress hunt - never found "the one" so I just bought one from Davids Bridal that fit nicely. Then I saw this dress in someone's bio on the knot and I knew that was it! Tried it on and sure enough - I felt wonderful!

I'm getting married at the Paris Hotel with a recpetion at the Venetian Hotel in Vegas. Other than Disney, Vegas is my favorite place in the world!

I will definitely come back with tons of pics! You'll get so sick of 'em - LOL! The photographer estimates he'll take about 600 so beware ;) :D

No gloves or stole, but I'll have a pashmina for when we're outside since it will be winter.

Undecided on hairstyles, but right now my favorites are : 1 and 2 with a cathedral length veil.

As of today - just 200 days left! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Oh! I was just thinking about my dress search and there was one dress that kind of stood out as fairytale. It's a beautiful dress but off the shoulder didn't flatter my busty self.

It's by Rena Koh Bridal and the dress name is Sandy.

sandyfull.jpg

I like hairstyle #1 best!!

I had a look at the Rena Koh dresses and I like the one you said but I think it would look awful on me. There were alot of dresses with box pleats which were very nice, but unfortunately they would add a few more inches to my hips (which wouldn't be good!)

I do however like the "Hannah" dress and I will try and find one to try on in the UK.

:)

Disneymoon04! I'm a knottie too! hehehe...so jealous of your Amsale! LOVE that gown, but just too far out of my price range...I couldn't justify spending that much money on a gown. But it's simply elegant...perfect choice.

If *I* was doing a fairytale wedding...it would be tulle and poof all the way! (I'm not a frou frou girl, so this was never an option for me!)

I see a strapless white ballerina gown with a big poofy tule skirt. A nice Cinderella updo with a tiara (again - totaly not me - but it fits the 'fairy tale' picture) along with a tone of crystals to make you shine all night. (And sweetpea - the top of a dress like this is fitted with a HUGE skirt - my cousin wore something similar - and it hides a LOT in the hip region becuase it's ALL tulle)

*sigh*...Cinderella had it so damn easy...why can't a fairy godmother just wave her wand over me and make me beautiful!

holy schnikes! 53 days until my WDW honeymoon! which means 52 days until I get married! YIKES!

good luck to all!

I thought my dress was the perfect fairy tale wedding dress!! I was a little pricey however stunnning. It was designed by Maggie Sottero and the name of it was Divina. I absolutely loved my dress. If anyone wants to view me in it you may do so at
http://www.stvsweddings.com/gallery/ We are the top couple
Ellie and Louie. Just click on our picture and you may watch a small clip of our video. I must mention as well that if anyone needs a videographer for there wedding stvs video is the BEST!!!! My wedding video is out of this world!!! I hope everyone enjoys. And please comment on the dress on wether or not you like it.
Thanks

That is so weird inky130, I picked that dress out a few nights ago myself in a bridal magazine. I am definately going to consider it although I did want my colour scheme to be silver and white. If I can find it in the UK I will be trying it on most definately!!!

Thnx.

Keep those suggestions coming.

You can also get some great Fairytale dresses at great prices on E-Bay. Under the heading of women's clothing you do a search for Cinderella Wedding Dresses, and you'll find a ton of them.

Though I am not getting married, I came across this thread and though you should see these.
I LOVE the first one, Cinderellas gown, it is stunning! and the Lady Jolene gown, WOW! For me, I would have to get married wearing a dash of colour, white and ivory are too insipid. I would love my gown to be burgandy or emerald, going for the castle in Scotland in winter look! (not that i'm planning.....:)
Check out the rest of the collection HERE

5.jpg

jol3.jpg

ravengirl
Funny how you posted that Cinderella dress as it was one that I had originally wanted however I could not get the funds to pay for it so I ended up settling for my Maggie Sottero dress which I thought was just as beautiful. But this may be a vow renewal maybe.

Since you're in England, maybe you should check out this website: www.lindsayfleming.com

They're in Abington, Scotland, which is a heck of a lot closer to you than to me! I don't know what your budget is, but they definitely can do whatever color or fabric you want or alter one of their dresses slightly to make it just the way you want it. Or they can make a custom dress! Anyway, their styles are so pretty and princessy and they look quite flattering. I loved the Bonnie dress personally. Very medieval. There are more modern styles. The Aislin dress is lovely.

I got married in May, and this is the dress I wore. It has silver beading and embroidery. I felt like a princess. :)
my dress

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter