People Watching

Drasticq

Mouseketeer
What is the best WDW park for just idle people watching? I want to say EPCOT, but Magic Kingdom pips it to the post.

I doubt that the OP meant going to WDW solely for the purpose of people watching. Sometimes, you just need to sit down and rest for a while. Today's generation would probably bury their faces in their cell phones. Others enjoy looking around and watching the world.

When I was a kid, I never understood why my dad would go with us to the mall, but choose to sit and people watch, while we went to the stores. As I've gotten older, I find that I will now people watch, when I'm sitting down to take a break.

There's nothing weird or creepy intended. It's just stopping to observe people as they go about their day.

My husband is a cultural anthropologist so we find ourselves doing a lot of people watching. All parks offer slightly different opportunities, and park closing time near transportation will really bring out some interesting behaviors and encounters. I say just find a bench in each park in a higher traffic area and park yourself. From overhearing interesting conversations to seeing bad parenting at its finest we've seen a lot just people watching.

MK is best for watching meltdowns of both kids AND parents.

Epcot is best, of course, for public intoxication and hurling.

People watching in DHS and DAK doesn’t really stand out to me.

Love MK, there is a bench by Aladdin's Magic Carpets that is shaded. Take a seat and watch the people get squirted by the camel. My wife and I sat there for an hour and got a kick out of the kids who figured it out and had their siblings stand there to get blasted.

What is the best WDW park for just idle people watching? I want to say EPCOT, but Magic Kingdom pips it to the post.

It's easily EPCOT, because you can do it while imbibing on a few adult beverages. Not that I'd have any idea why anyone would do this?:rolleyes:

I doubt that the OP meant going to WDW solely for the purpose of people watching. Sometimes, you just need to sit down and rest for a while. Today's generation would probably bury their faces in their cell phones. Others enjoy looking around and watching the world.

When I was a kid, I never understood why my dad would go with us to the mall, but choose to sit and people watch, while we went to the stores. As I've gotten older, I find that I will now people watch, when I'm sitting down to take a break.

There's nothing weird or creepy intended. It's just stopping to observe people as they go about their day.
Agreed that OP probably didn’t mean going to wdw for that sole purpose. I’ll add that wdw also offers some of the best ppl watching there is to see! The local mall doesn’t come close to some of the fights I’ve seen in wdw.

I'm going to have to go with MK, just because of the parental meltdowns I've witnessed there. Might have had one or two of my own, I can neither deny or confirm.

I am not sure but I can say this with absolute certainty , find your spot at gate exit, thats when people are turning in to monsters :p
I prefer to sit along Main Street and watch the wonder in peoples eyes as they make their way into the park.

I prefer to sit along Main Street and watch the wonder in peoples eyes as they make their way into the park.
That would be me then! :tilt:

Seriously, every time I pass into a park like Magic Kingdom and see the castle, I just instantly unwind and go, "I'm HOME" :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter