• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

People waiting in line say the darndest things!

I am an elementary special ed teacher (grades k-4) and on one of the tests we administer asks how many dwarfs did Snow White see/meet at the cottage? I would say maybe 1 out of every 10 kids gets it correct! Sad! That kids today, girls and boys, do not know Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs!!

This is kind of embarrassing. I worked 3rd shift in a hospital ER. One night/morning we were a little slap happy and we were taking one of these goofy "how smart are you" test. One of the questions was "name the 7 dwarfs". Well I start rambling the names off but only got to 6. I asked the nurse how many I named, she said 6, then I ask "how many dwarfs are there?" The question clearly said "name the 7 dwarfs". I was so embarrassed. To top it off, one of the cops was also taking the test and he is quite a site to look at so I was all flustered. That's my excuse & I'm sticking to it.

In 2007 we went to disney with another family.....

after riding EE we were eating lunch in restaurantosaurs

Mom: "I cant believe that they only have a lap bar on EE and it goes upside down"
Us: "What? it didn't go upside down"
Mom: I don' know about the rest of you but I went upside down!

Later the son other the other family 7 at the time decided he wanted to switch places with my dad so they acted like the other all day long. at the end of the day the boy said to my mom "Miss Candy we're through because you stink in the bed!" (He was meaning that she smelled) we all started laughing so hard oh the innocence of kids!

To top it off, one of the cops was also taking the test and he is quite a site to look at so I was all flustered. That's my excuse & I'm sticking to it.

Hey, was that me?? Nope, wrong state. You do know that most cops marry ER nurses (even if they can't name the 12 dwarves!). :lmao:

Hey, was that me?? Nope, wrong state. You do know that most cops marry ER nurses (even if they can't name the 12 dwarves!). :lmao:

Most of the ER nurses I know are married to cops, firefighters or paramedics.

Most of the nursing school students I went to school with who were married when we started school were divorced by the time we finished.

The best I heard was from an older tour group of 70-80 year olds.

Group Leader to the rest of the group: (Looks at Small World) "That must be that haunted house, let's not go in there".

Haha, if they only knew.

It's a haunted house to me!!!

No you're not...I haven't quite figured it out either. Have a couple of ideas but nothing I can really say "Oh, it fits! That's Funny!" :confused3

Pensylvania thing right? It's cause (I think) they are singing that instead of "Nants ingonyama" at the beginning of 'Circle of Life'. Could be wrong but that's how I read it.

We were riding on the bus on the way to MK...

The first day that POTC was being opened for the First time since Refurbished (adding in Johnny Depp etc. to the ride).

On our bus was this Big Shot, Braggy, Bully type of Dad who was talking to a young man (son?) really loud about "back in the day when I worked with him (Johnny Depp)"....

At one point he said "Yeah....Johnny will be here today for the Opening...I'll probably get him to .....( I missed this part...he was speaking more quietly at this point)...

I researched this later...and found some info that indicated that Johnny Depp was at the opening at DisneyLAND's POTC....but NOT WDW...so his info was totally wrong...

It was just so funny to me when someone acts like a "know it all" and then proven wrong...

LOL!
Mary

In 2007 we went to disney with another family.....

after riding EE we were eating lunch in restaurantosaurs

Mom: "I cant believe that they only have a lap bar on EE and it goes upside down"
Us: "What? it didn't go upside down"
Mom: I don' know about the rest of you but I went upside down!

LOL! My DBf said that the first time we went on it! He said it felt like he went upside down at the at the part it goes backwords. I still tease him about it! :rotfl:

We were riding on the bus on the way to MK...

The first day that POTC was being opened for the First time since Refurbished (adding in Johnny Depp etc. to the ride).

On our bus was this Big Shot, Braggy, Bully type of Dad who was talking to a young man (son?) really loud about "back in the day when I worked with him (Johnny Depp)"....

At one point he said "Yeah....Johnny will be here today for the Opening...I'll probably get him to .....( I missed this part...he was speaking more quietly at this point)...

I researched this later...and found some info that indicated that Johnny Depp was at the opening at DisneyLAND's POTC....but NOT WDW...so his info was totally wrong...

It was just so funny to me when someone acts like a "know it all" and then proven wrong...

LOL!
Mary

I can't stand these people. "I'm pretty sure" is my top phrase so I don't come across as a know it all. At first it's funny to list to this kind of thing but after awhile its just like "COME ON! Anyone who ever opened a book on Disney, or has even been in the parks knows the castle is at MK, not HS"

Walking into the Grand Floridian they have the ornate GF on the door handles, carpet, ect. my son sees these and says "Does the F stand for Fancy?" Now we call the Grand Floridian the Fancy.

The best was Jan. 1 '09. We were in tomorrowland, the park was at capacity and we didn't know it but were decided to go back to our room at the Poly. Right before we left we saw an adult meltdown: a woman was yelling at her boyfriend or husband (couldn't tell) they were probably in their 30's, she threw her ring at him -- yes, she threw the ring at him in tomorow land. Well, we got Disney and a show for one price.

We were in line for Soarin'. Our first trip after it opened. A young girl, maybe 10 or 11 started to talk to us in line. She looked like she could be our child. When the CM walked through looking for a single rider we pointed to her. People thought we were giving up our child! No, she wasn't with us.

Disney Studios '08. We were there in June, it was our daughter's 16th birthday trip. While at the studios it was pouring down rain, I mean pouring down. We were sitting at the bar located across from Backlot tour. There was a man who must have decided, "I am at Disney, I don't care if it is pouring down rain, I will sit here and have my beverage." Yep, in the downpour.

Last, about 4 years ago, during on of our NYE trips we were leaving Epcot. As we were getting close to Spaceship Earth there was a family in front of us. The two little boys, looked like 9 or 10 yrs old, were talking. Parents are in front not knowing this was taking place. One boy tells the other, "you see that big white ball? That is the BIG BALL OF DOOM!!!" Yep, parents never heard it. From then on, we call Spaceship Earth THE BIG BALL OF DOOM.

Kathy

The best was Jan. 1 '09. We were in tomorrowland, the park was at capacity and we didn't know it but were decided to go back to our room at the Poly. Right before we left we saw an adult meltdown: a woman was yelling at her boyfriend or husband (couldn't tell) they were probably in their 30's, she threw her ring at him -- yes, she threw the ring at him in tomorow land. Well, we got Disney and a show for one price.

We were in line for Soarin'. Our first trip after it opened. A young girl, maybe 10 or 11 started to talk to us in line. She looked like she could be our child. When the CM walked through looking for a single rider we pointed to her. People thought we were giving up our child! No, she wasn't with us.

Disney Studios '08. We were there in June, it was our daughter's 16th birthday trip. While at the studios it was pouring down rain, I mean pouring down. We were sitting at the bar located across from Backlot tour. There was a man who must have decided, "I am at Disney, I don't care if it is pouring down rain, I will sit here and have my beverage." Yep, in the downpour.

Last, about 4 years ago, during on of our NYE trips we were leaving Epcot. As we were getting close to Spaceship Earth there was a family in front of us. The two little boys, looked like 9 or 10 yrs old, were talking. Parents are in front not knowing this was taking place. One boy tells the other, "you see that big white ball? That is the BIG BALL OF DOOM!!!" Yep, parents never heard it. From then on, we call Spaceship Earth THE BIG BALL OF DOOM.

Kathy

:lmao: THE BIG BALL OF DOOM!!

:lmao: THE BIG BALL OF DOOM!!

Unrelated to this thread really, but this just made me think of it. When DS was 4 he was in soccer. At the end he got the participation trophy, which was a silver soccer ball on a platform. DS didn't realize it was a soccer ball, he called it Epcot, lol.

Cee said:
My DH calls Animal Kingdom "Lion King-dom". Sheesh....:headache:

My father, DVC owner and veteran of wdw has since our first visit when ak was opened refered to it as "animal planet". I always correct him, dad that's a tv channel... Still never gotten through to him

We are in the process of planning a big family trip. I have been extolling the virtues of Park Hoppers, and this little gem comes out of my sisters mouth. "If I buy the Park Hopper, it includes Universal, right"?
:scared1::scared1::scared1:
I love my sister, but she has NO clue!

We are in the process of planning a big family trip. I have been extolling the virtues of Park Hoppers, and this little gem comes out of my sisters mouth. "If I buy the Park Hopper, it includes Universal, right"?
:scared1::scared1::scared1:
I love my sister, but she has NO clue!

:lmao: That's my family, too. After we get back from any WDW trip and talk about park hoppers, we get a lot of: "So how was Sea World? How was Universal?"

Imagine if Park Hopper included every type of amusement park in Florida?

When I was in the CP (1997) I worked @ the Magic of Disney Animation (before it was changed and was actually a working studio) as a tour guide.

The tour lines got pretty long and we would walk out and talk to guests. In the queue there were a bunch of topiaries. A guest, who was very upset, came up to me and asked why the characters were not interacting with her and just standing there. I had to explain they were PLANTS.

10+ years later and I will never forget that!

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

:lmao:
My son when he was 3 (now 17)
His first trip in '95, the whole trip I heard
"When can I see poke-a-hiney??"
Pocahantis was his favorite movie at the time.

:lmao: OK i was just lurking - but I just burst out laughing about this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter