People waiting in line say the darndest things!

Didn't happen while in line, but after walking around the Boardwalk, we were on our way back to Epcot and were crossing the bridge. Coming towards us was a small family. Mom was pushing her child in a stroller that was decorated in Christmas lights. Behind us, comes another family. This mom was also pushing a child in a stroller.

As the 2nd mom got close enough to the first family's stroller, she hurried up to mom #1:

2nd Mom: "I'm sorry, but I have to ask, how did you do that?"

1st mom: (Begins to answer but is interrupted by 2nd mom.)

2nd Mom: "Are those battery operated?"

I could not hear the rest of the conversation, because we were trying not to laugh out loud in front of them. As we got far enough away, we burst out laughing and both DH and I blurted out:

"No, can't you see the extra extra long extension cord behind me? It wraps around all of Disney."

DH is convinced there was an invisible generator attached to the stroller.

Either way it was a "Here's your sign" moment.

My youngest niece....she is a trip and cracks us all up!

Upon entering MK, I HAVE BEEN WAITING MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS! and she was 6 at the time......

Last spring my parents took the whole family to Mexico. One day we were hanging by the pool talking about where we should go on our next vacation. DD6 suggested Disney World and my mom ask DD if we should wait until the new baby (my SIL was pregnant at the time) was old enough to go. DD said "No, I've been waiting my whole life to go!!!" She wasn't wrong lol.

We were walking by the stocks in liberty square (those old time things you put your head and wrists through to take a picture) and I heard a mom tell her kids "go over and put your heads in the guillotine so I can take your picture". I LOL'd at the thought of disney having a photo op guillotine. SMILE!!!!

This wasn't Disney related but a few years back we went to Myrtle Beach with my then 5 year old grandson. I had rented a three bedroom condo on the 9th floor that had a huge patio over looking the ocean. It had these huge windows and sliding door that went out to the patio.

I opened the door of the condo and he ran in ahead of me toward the view and as he ran toward it he said. Wow, look at that. This is the best day of my life. I'm hoping that he will have a lot more "best days", but at five it just struck me as so funny.

This wasn't in line, but overheard nontheless.

Little girl laughing: Daddy, it was you
Dad: No, it was Mommy
Girl really laughing: no Daddy it was you.
Dad: No, it was Mommy
Girl: Daddy, you stink!

I had to laugh out loud because from the first sentence, I had figured out what had happened.

my son (age 7) while stay at a house rental near Walt Disney World. He was laying down on the bed. He had his hands behind his head land his ankles crossed. He says to me "Ahhh momma, now this is the life!" He cracks me up :)

On the test track ride we rode 2 and 2 leaving 1 space in the front and one in back for the single riders to fill in. We road w/ 2 sisters a little older then us. The one joked about she hoped she didn't get sick on the ride. My 8yo quietly put dad between himself and the other rider.:rotfl: We all laughed at him taking her serious. We had such a great time sharing the car w/ them.
We ran into them the next day on the safari ride. We are walking out the exit of the ride and the one sister exclaims " I can't believe I got to pet the hippo that was so cool!!" We of course thought it was hysterical to see the look of amazement on some peoples faces:dance3: and couldn't keep a straight face to play along
So glad we got to meet those two wonderful ladies and to the one sister's DH I'm sorry we encouraged them to be so silly, but some times you've just got to have a little fun :goodvibes

On the test track ride we rode 2 and 2 leaving 1 space in the front and one in back for the single riders to fill in. We road w/ 2 sisters a little older then us. The one joked about she hoped she didn't get sick on the ride. My 8yo quietly put dad between himself and the other rider.:rotfl: We all laughed at him taking her serious. We had such a great time sharing the car w/ them.
We ran into them the next day on the safari ride. We are walking out the exit of the ride and the one sister exclaims " I can't believe I got to pet the hippo that was so cool!!" We of course thought it was hysterical to see the look of amazement on some peoples faces:dance3: and couldn't keep a straight face to play along
So glad we got to meet those two wonderful ladies and to the one sister's DH I'm sorry we encouraged them to be so silly, but some times you've just got to have a little fun :goodvibes

Isn't it a requirement to have Fun at Disney?;)

No joke -I heard a woman while we were waiting for Nemo the musical tell her boyfriend that she left a "certain toy" at home and she knew they didn't sell them on property. She had him get online and look it up and see if they could swing by somewhere and get one after they left the park. I felt so uncomfortable that I took my kids and left.

No joke -I heard a woman while we were waiting for Nemo the musical tell her boyfriend that she left a "certain toy" at home and she knew they didn't sell them on property. She had him get online and look it up and see if they could swing by somewhere and get one after they left the park. I felt so uncomfortable that I took my kids and left.

Oh I can't imagine! Was there a kid there? Maybe she didn't want to say the name of the toy because it was the child's favorite and he/she would freak out if they knew it was left at home?

We left my son's favorite stuffed animal at a hotel once. (A stuffed cheetah named Baby Jaguar -a long story) They said they would mail it and it never arrived. We walked around forever talking in code. " I hope they mailed you know who." "I don't think you know who is coming home." "Where did we even get you know who?" "I think I found one! It's in Maine!"

You would have thought we were talking about Voldemort or something. Anything to avoid saying its name! DS thought he was on an adventure.

Oh I can't imagine! Was there a kid there? Maybe she didn't want to say the name of the toy because it was the child's favorite and he/she would freak out if they knew it was left at home?

I don't think Luv2CtheMouse was talking about a child's toy. ;)

Well I knew my party wasn't into thrill rides so we waited for something more up their speed. But soon mid through one opted out impatient & walked out. By this point my park to park ticket (on the darkside aka Universal) had only been use once in MIB while we spent most time in Islands of Adventure. I was supposed to go on the Mummy ride but by thar time I got a feeling how these people rolled & sensed I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the thrill rides which I missed out 3 years ago...I even had to drag one person on our party to spaceship earth during extra magic hours. It was worth the second trip which we got her on to ride & then we played the future games for about an hour that followed the ride.

We met a few nice people & conversed about their own experiences. We observed a grandmother keeping place for her daughter in law & child for Peter Pan who she said were just going to the bathroom. She saw them only to find out they went to It's a small World first & hadn't gone to the bathroom yet. Poor woman left after waiting all that time!...They did make it all back in time as we only moved very slightly in a matter of 15 minutes.

The standard line is nice for chatting uo with new people. Even at rope drop at EPCOT we met a nice family from UK & we found out we were all heading to Soarin!

But I myself prefer FP now especially depending on the company yoh keep ;)

Live in the present judging no one by his or her past nor expecting less for his or her future.-alm

It wasn't what my son said that was so funny, but what he did. He was almost 5 at the time and it was his first year being talk enough to ride BTMR. We were waiting in line and he grabs the hand of the man in front of us thinking it was his dad. He held hands with the man for a few seconds before I realized what he was doing. Bless his heart, my son was so embarrassed. The man handled it well and just smiled at us.

Couple years back was at the opening to Epcot one morning. So of course after rope drop we are running to Soarin....just like everyone else. Well there was the bigger lady in front of us and her son about 4-5 maybe. She was racing along like everyone else but was having some issues keeping up.

Mom: come on son walk faster!!!!
Boy starts running to keep up
Mom: son quit running
Boy starts walking
Mom: son walk faster
Boy starts running
Mom: son quit running

This repeated over and over and over. Poor thing was so small to keep up with mom he had to run but when he ran he passed mom and she couldn't keep up. After a couple minutes we just couldn't take it anymore and we just busted out laughing. Poor kid didn't know if he was coming or going. It was the funniest thing we've seen.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: this is the first time I've laughed out loud on this thread... not saying the other stories aren't funny, but this one was my favorite!

oK SO this wasn't overheard in line, but on the monorail:

One year we were at WDW, we were on the monorail and this family was in the car with us. They were obviously overtired and overwhelmed (probably trying to see it all and do it all) and they had a little girl. The girl was sitting and just sulking and so upset. She was sniffling and sniffling and she finally turns to her parents and goes while half crying "....but I didn't get to see Mickey..."

Then, the mom goes "SHUT UP!! SHUT UP!!! YOU ARE IN THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!!"

my family was like :eek::eek::eek:... I felt so bad for the little girl, but we almost burst out laughing and we joked about it the rest of the trip.

These aren't from Disney; they're from Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

Ok, so I'm waiting in line for Verbolten with my friend. (For those of you who don't know, Verbolten is an indoor-outdoor roller coaster with 2 launches.:)) We're just randomly talking about the other rides at the park. I mention that Mach Tower is the tallest ride in the park. (It is, btw.;)) My friend says something like "Yeah, it's twice as tall as all the other rides!" WHAT?! Not only is it NOT twice as tall as everything else, it doesn't even look it! I said "no, it's only 246 feet tall and Griffon is 205. That's not twice as much." She INSISTED that Mach Tower was twice as tall. Whatever.:P

After we got off Verbolten, she commented that they "ought to put pillows on the headrest part of the seat!" :rotfl: Goodness gracious, how on earth would that work?! (Ok, so if you don't brace your head on the launches, you get banged against the seat. Easily avoidable.:))

Another time I was in line for Verbolten (alone this time) and I overheard a mom and her kids talking about how Mach Tower isn't safe because it's down all the time. (It IS down pretty often, I will say.:)) They decide that they're NEVER going to ride it because "what if we got on and it crashed on the ground?!" Hmm...that ride isn't going to be open if it's going to crash.

Not in line, but I also heard somebody ask if Alpengeist goes upside down. THERE'S A LOOP RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, PEOPLE!;) So obvious! (It's not like RnRC where you can't see if you go upside down or not.)

This did not happen while in line, but we were waiting. Does this count?

Today, we were on the riverboat waiting for it to leave the dock. I was sitting on one of the large boxes that hold the life jackets. A young lad was sitting beside me, kicking the box while we waited. His father told him to stop kicking the box and reminded him that if he did it again, he would throw him overboard.

oK SO this wasn't overheard in line, but on the monorail:

One year we were at WDW, we were on the monorail and this family was in the car with us. They were obviously overtired and overwhelmed (probably trying to see it all and do it all) and they had a little girl. The girl was sitting and just sulking and so upset. She was sniffling and sniffling and she finally turns to her parents and goes while half crying "....but I didn't get to see Mickey..."

Then, the mom goes "SHUT UP!! SHUT UP!!! YOU ARE IN THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!!"

my family was like :eek::eek::eek:... I felt so bad for the little girl, but we almost burst out laughing and we joked about it the rest of the trip.

I have to say that I am guilty of saying something similar. In 2006 we took my son (who is now 15) for his 7th birthday. My sister and brother in law came with us and had gotten him a Nintendo DS for his birthday. We made him leave the system back at the villa, and all day he cried about how he wanted to play that instead of tour magic kingdom. At one point I whipped around to face him and screamed "We are at the happiest place on earth on your birthday, and all you can do is cry about video games?!" I probably seemed like a raging lunatic to everyone around me.
It's funny, my son and I were just talking about this the other day, and said "I was such a brat." LOL, he has turned into such a nice young man :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter