• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

People Magazine discount?

sksjasams

DIS Veteran
I would love to get DMiL a one year subscription to People magazine for Christmas. Two years ago I was able to get a fantastic deal for around $50 on a time warner friends and family website. Last year, I couldn't find a deal so we got her Women's World instead. I know she likes both magazines, but People is a lot more expensive to buy in the grocery store than Women's World. Has anyone seen a deal for around $50 or so for People magazine?

Thanks in advance!

The price for a People subscription is absolutely ridiculous. I have looked into it more than once and every time I am disgusted with what they charge compared to other magazine subscriptions. It's too bad really, because instead of subscribing I just read issues at the library now.

I've always wanted it but refuse to pay $100. On Groupon (or Living Social, I get both) they have a deal for Us Weekly. It's a little different, but good to me. Maybe she would like that?

I've always wanted it but refuse to pay $100. On Groupon (or Living Social, I get both) they have a deal for Us Weekly. It's a little different, but good to me. Maybe she would like that?

Yes, that is exactly what I did! DD23 wanted People but I just so happened to get the Groupon for US Weekly so got that instead. I did find, however, if you go directly to the People Magazine website, it was cheaper than most other places.

I got a year subscription to People for about $70 thru a magazine discounter. I'm not sure if I can post the company name.:confused3

Heres what i would do. If you don't already have ebates get an account. Then wait for magazines.com to come up as the daily double, order the magazine through the ebates link and you get 52% cash back. They send checks quarterly. I have used them for years, it's how i always get my magazines. Only thing you have to watch for is the auto renewal notice and call and cancel. Magazines.com also sends. out coupons for 5 and 10 dollars off pretty frequently. HTH

I use www.officesubscriptions.com which has it for a dollar an issue. It requires you to list a "business name" on the label, but I've never had them check up on it. (DH does own a small business, although we don't have a waiting room...) So, let's say your mom likes to quilt, you could just list "(Mom's Name) Quilting" and check "other" under the drop down "type of business" box and be all set.

And you're right, the regular price is ridiculous!

Terri

OP here...thanks for all the great suggestions.

I have thought about US Weekly. It is a better deal. It just seems a little more tabloid-ish to me. What do you think? I always think of People being the true scoop on celebs...

Love the Duck...yes, you can post the name of where you got the deal - please do!! You could also send me a PM (private message) -thanks!

Yoopermom...I checked out that website. It seems similar to EBSCO...I'm just not sure how that would work if you are ordering it as a gift - there is only one spot for billing/shipping address.

Anyone else out there have any suggestions or good deals?

Thanks again!!

Not that I'm trying to be unethical, but what I've done in the past in a similar situation (with only one shipping/billing address choice) is put in my info, then, once the magazine starts, go to the publisher's website (not the consolidator's) and fill out the change of address information to your gift recepient's address.

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter