• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Penny Press

We planned ahead of time to do the pennies but didn't realize how much the kids would enjoy it. We used the mini m&m tubes as others have suggested. Afterward I grabbed a frame and mounted them all. Pics attached.

File%205-18-16%2C%208%2059%2001%20PM.jpeg

File%205-18-16%2C%208%2059%2020%20PM.jpeg

This is what I did with pennies from my first two trips. Some of these things don't exist with these names anymore. I love the memories. For the record, I used Brasso to clean the already pressed pennies and then I coated them with clear nail polish so they don't tarnish. Hopefully that will work.

image.jpeg

Going to Disney with the grandchildren this summer - wanted to do the pressed penny collecting with them. I have seen personalized m&m and mento containers - can anyone lead me to the person who does that? thanks

Going to Disney with the grandchildren this summer - wanted to do the pressed penny collecting with them. I have seen personalized m&m and mento containers - can anyone lead me to the person who does that? thanks
Very simple to do them yourself I found a person on Pinterest that actually has a label template - so you can personalize them. Just search on pressed penny containers or something along that line Did it back in August and again for next week :) very very simple and easy.

Do you have an idea of how many sets of quarters and pennies one M&Ms container will hold? I'd like to make one for each of my boys and need to start saving coins.

Thanks!

Very simple to do them yourself I found a person on Pinterest that actually has a label template - so you can personalize them. Just search on pressed penny containers or something along that line Did it back in August and again for next week :) very very simple and easy.
my daughter has looked on pinterest and can not find a a label template. do you know what site you got it form. ?

My DS just discovered the penny presses last year and loved it too. It's whole new perspective to seeing various parts of the parks. Great souvenir too. Just pack plenty of quarters and shiny pennies. Great information on the previous post about the year to bring - good to know for next time.

The pennys pre 82 is a go to tip. We have a tumbler to clean, you can use vinegar too.
Use a mini M&M candy container for quarters.
Buy the book to keep them in, but the book has places for dimes and quarter presses too.
BIGGIE TIP!!!
Place Licolons head toward the quarters in the press to press right side up.
And, go into the town hall or print off the Internet the location for must have or off the beaten path machines.
They are in the train station, at resorts, Downtown Disney Spring areas and restaurants too.
Boy, they can get heavy carrying around. You may want to print pictures of what you have to carry not to duplicate without carrying the bounty around each trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter