Peeps 2. The Sweaty Asian Strikes Back. Pt 2. Feb '10. 2/21-Final Chapter. Link to TR

Cherie! I can't believe how talented you are! Well, maybe I can! :lmao:

Did anyone else notice she had her make-up beautifully applied and was sporting a perfect pedicure? Hmmmm..... Do we have an undercover audition going on here? Maybe she wants to be a CM and work as a pole dancer on CGC? Just sayin' :rolleyes1

I didn't notice, but then again, I'm a guy......are men supposed to notice when women get gussied up? I'm taking notes here....

You get in the day before I do:thumbsup2

And we get in on the next day!! We SHOULD be strolling into Epcot no later than 10am. That's our usual time on the first day. Once we arrive and get checked in, it seems we always end up walking in the parks at 10. :thumbsup2

LOVE the pictures of your shopping day. One of these days we need to take a trip to California and see Disneyland. A California trip is one I've been dreaming of for a VERY long time. Mostly to do the typical touristy stuff like see the Hollywood sign, stroll Rodeo Drive, see Hollywood Blvd, etc.....I could go on and on. Besides LA and Hollywood there are many other places I'd like to visit in that state so it would definitely take more than one or two trips. Not even sure where to get started since we would be throwing Disney into the mix now.

Anyway.....back to THIS trip......the clothes look nice! Glad you got to spend a day people watching and shopping to lift your spirits and get into the Disney trip mood. :wizard:

Woo hoo for less than a week!

I don't think I ever actually knew the monorail went through Downtown Disney at Disneyland!

The Grand Californian's lobby is gorgeous!!! I would love to stay there someday.

I know one week from today..I'll be eating breakfast at Kona Cafe.......

The Grand Californian is awesome-About the same prices as the GF.

Wow! The restaurant bus. is a tough business to work in, and you did it for a long time. Did you burn out? The money is alluring, but eventually you end up burning out, well that, and you never feel your life is your own.

I could've stayed in it forever. I traveled a ton the last 3 years I was with Sweet Tomatoes and the whole time I was with CF. The travel burned me out and I didn't want to go back in the restaurant so I left.

And we get in on the next day!! We SHOULD be strolling into Epcot no later than 10am. That's our usual time on the first day. Once we arrive and get checked in, it seems we always end up walking in the parks at 10. :thumbsup2

Winkers and I will be at Epcot too. We adjusted our schedule because I love for Epcot to be my first park on my first full day. We'll be there around 11:30am.

blue said:
LOVE the pictures of your shopping day. One of these days we need to take a trip to California and see Disneyland. A California trip is one I've been dreaming of for a VERY long time. Mostly to do the typical touristy stuff like see the Hollywood sign, stroll Rodeo Drive, see Hollywood Blvd, etc.....I could go on and on. Besides LA and Hollywood there are many other places I'd like to visit in that state so it would definitely take more than one or two trips. Not even sure where to get started since we would be throwing Disney into the mix now.

Anyway.....back to THIS trip......the clothes look nice! Glad you got to spend a day people watching and shopping to lift your spirits and get into the Disney trip mood. :wizard:

To see everything in CA, it's a 2-3 week trip--San Diego, LA, San Francisco, Monterey Bay, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe....

it must be so nice to live so close to downtown disney and be able to get a dose of "real" disney when needed.

and you're doing "this time next week" updates.....:woohoo:

it must be so nice to live so close to downtown disney and be able to get a dose of "real" disney when needed.

and you're doing "this time next week" updates.....:woohoo:

It is nice. I take it for granted that I can just go over there anytime. My work is actually even closer....

I am doing this time next week....updates now!:thumbsup2

Your TR moves so fast that I cannot keep up!

I worked in Adventureland/Frontierland Merchandise from 1979-82 and 86-89. 87-89 I worked in mgmt at the Plaza Inn/Plaza Pavilion complex!

I worked at Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes for 12 years and Cheesecake Factory for a year. i was a restaurant mgr for years, but spent many in training/devt

All of these places you listed are some of my favorite places EVER. I can't believe you have worked at all of these places. Disneyland, Souplantation, AND Cheesecake Factory? Wow, what a great job history.

I am so jealous that you live so close to DL that you can just stroll down there for a Disney fix. The GC is one of our favorite places on property. We always schedule a little time to just hang out in the lobby while we are there. I like to eat at Storytellers too, so it is a very relaxing couple of hours. I'm sure you have seen it at Christmas time?

One of my favorite pictures of the GC lobby.

ry%3D480

Your trip is so close!!

I think we need a silver box for Jordan !!!:lmao:

Napa Rose is really good,

Thank you Jordan :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Winkers and I will be at Epcot too. We adjusted our schedule because I love for Epcot to be my first park on my first full day. We'll be there around 11:30am.

I amdoing DHS in the morning but can head to Epcot prolly by 1pm so I can meet you guys before heading to THE WAVE!!!

I didn't notice, but then again, I'm a guy......are men supposed to notice when women get gussied up? I'm taking notes here....

uh..... YEAH!!

I love the photo you took in Downtown Disney where the monorail is sorta over your head.. how cool is that?! If that doesn't get you in a vacation mood, nothing will!

Less than a week :banana::banana::banana:

Buying a gift card for souvies is such a great idea. It's so much easier than carrying cash.

Wow! You are getting SO CLOSE! I remember when you started this thing... I was thinking, "That is SO FAR AWAY!!" Now.. it's here!:cool1:

I can't wait to see what craziness pops up on your Trip Report. If I don't get to you beforehand... have a wonderful time!! Take lots of pics!! And be safe!!

I can see it now.....

A film produced by D. Jay, Directed by D. Jay, filmed by D. Jay, edited by ... you get the hint.....

Walt Disney World:

Epcot:

Performance group: The Last Diser's Standing.

A crowd forms as a bunch of miscelaneous thespian dis goers perform "How to find a Hot Italian, or You did WHAT with an accordian?"

Starring:
Jordan as the instigator.
Dawn as the "innocent" bystander.
Cherie (not Winkers) as the cheeky lass.
Cherie (Winkers) as the horse killing pole dancer.
Introducing in her MAJOR first role: Rosie the accordian playing gal desperatly seeking Guido.

Followed promplty by 6 major arrests, interviews by CNN, 5 golden rings and a partridge in a pear tree (why Danny is there we don't know).

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

So you're down to like, 7 days now, right?

That's deserving of more dancing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrPEr3UOZOY&NR=1

Awesome!

How did I ever miss those commercials? :rotfl:

My son got a KICK out of that one. "Mickey dancin' momma. Mickey dancin'."

DL is much different than WDW, but still Disney!

Gosh. The last time I went to DL was back in the spring of 1995 for a Band trip. We stayed in a hotel that, at the time was across the street from DL. We literally walked out a back exit and were walking through the DL parking lot. I can't imagine how much it has changed after 15 years.

The Grand Californian is the only DLR resort where you can really escape reality. You don't ever have to see the outside world during your stay because you can walk through DTD to Disneyland or go to DCA through the GC's own private entrance. It's a great getaway if you can afford it.

Hmmm...got the wheels turning in my head. We want to go to DL for halloween one of these years. Doubt we'd be able to afford to stay at the GC...but...it's a nice dream.

Redarging shopping...how lucky you are to live that close to DL/DTD. And what a GREAT idea...a gift card for souvies! That'll be going down in my blog for good tips. :D

Hi Jordan! You may have already seen this, but I thought of you when I was reading it and wanted to pass it along just in case...

MRYPPNS turned me on to Jack Spence's blog, "The 'World' According to Jack" and he recently posted a four part series, "Have a Seat in Walt Disney World". Each part is about the various seating options at one of the four parks. It was very interesting and provided a wealth of information for someone who might want to do some people watching or even take a nap. ;)

Have a Seat in Walt Disney World - part I

I could've stayed in it forever. I traveled a ton the last 3 years I was with Sweet Tomatoes and the whole time I was with CF. The travel burned me out and I didn't want to go back in the restaurant so I left.

If you end up not staying with the church, what direction do you think you will take next? Sounds like the restaurant business is out.

By the way, I like your buys. I'm glad you finally got some things knocked off your list. I'm assuming since your not on here much today....you may have been shopping?? :confused3 Maybe some shoes, or have you given up on the shoes?

I actually bought my luggage yesterday!!! :yay: I'm pleased as punch I finally got what I wanted and at a price that was pretty decent. For less than $300 I got my 29, 25, 21 inch along with a seperate bag for my cosmetics. It's wonderful to finally have a major purchase off the list. Take a look. :)

http://www.ebags.com/ricardo_beverl...il/index.cfm?modelid=134805&productid=1350031
BIG SIGH :cloud9: Silly I know. :goodvibes

Hopefully I'll find my other baggallini, and my Chaco's or another pair of Yellow Box flip flops are up next. Well see what I can find most comfy wise.

I'm sure you'll let us know if you found your other items on your shopping list. :yay: Can't wait to see if I was right about you being out shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter