• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pecos Bills - no more fixing bar?!

Julia L

Earning My Ears
I was told they got rid of the fixing / sides bar !! Is this true ??!?! :( :sad:

There's still a toppings bar, though I think it's different than it was when they served mostly burgers. Now it's all the guacamole and shredded cheese you can eat.

Tex Mex actually is keeping more within the theme/ ambiance of the restaurant, if you think about it. There are other Magic Kingdom places that feature burgers, if that's what some people want.

Last edited:
It's still there and I really liked it. Also Restaurantasaurus in Animal Kingdom has a similar fixings bar with burger and chicken sandwich toppings. We liked this too!

Tex Mex actually is keeping more within the theme/ ambiance of the restaurant, if you think about it. There are other Magic Kingdom places that feature burgers, if that's what some people want.
there is actually only one other place in MK that sold burgers and that was cosmic rays in tommorrowland unless they have added a burger to skipper canteens recently. I think that is why they were going to keep the burger on the menu. not everyone likes tex mex and I have read that attendance at pecos bills has fallen because of it

there is actually only one other place in MK that sold burgers and that was cosmic rays in tommorrowland unless they have added a burger to skipper canteens recently. I think that is why they were going to keep the burger on the menu. not everyone likes tex mex and I have read that attendance at pecos bills has fallen because of it

The Plaza has burgers if you're including TS (ie, Skipper's). Tomorrowland Terrace has/had them, if they ever open again.

Our family has had to remove Pecos Bill's from our meal list because there is nothing there that DH will eat. He doesn't do tex-mex. So because we eat as a family, we have had to move on and change up our days. PB's was at a good crossroads for us as we'd do Adventureland and that side of Frontierland before stopping for and early lunch to beat the crowd. Now we jump from the mountains to Liberty Square and eat lunch at Columbia Harbor House. We pick up Adventureland in the evenings now. It was a tradition that no longer works for us.

We walked into Cosmic rays for lunch on our last day...looked around...DH turns to me and says "You wanna go to Pecos Bill?" And I'm like "YUP!". It's our favorite QS in MK. We trekked across the whole park just for lunch lol! I was even able to order the rice bowl even though it's technically not on the posted menu. With the fixin's bar, I made a bowl that Chipotle would be proud of! Good stuff.

I know it will come to a shock but you can't believe everything you read on the internet ;) All tables have been filled when we went. Other than CHH it's the only decent QS in MK so we frequent both.

To say that Pecos Bills improved is a severe understatement. For the record, they still have a burger on the menu, for those looking for the worse burgers in the world (not WDW world but entire world) and don't want to walk to Cosmic Ray's for it.

We walked into Cosmic rays for lunch on our last day...looked around...DH turns to me and says "You wanna go to Pecos Bill?" And I'm like "YUP!". It's our favorite QS in MK. We trekked across the whole park just for lunch lol! I was even able to order the rice bowl even though it's technically not on the posted menu. With the fixin's bar, I made a bowl that Chipotle would be proud of! Good stuff.
I know! That is what always floors me when folks complain about the changes. Those build your own burrito type places are hugely popular. You can't count the issues Chipotle has had as a knock to the popularity of the genre, just as a knock to their business practices. You can build yourself a very healthy and delicious meal with the base options and all those toppings. Same couldn't be said for the burger and toppings they offered for those.

DD26 and I split the fajita platter and it was more than enough food for both of us, plus it was yummy! And I loved having as much shredded cheese as I wanted! And we had to stalk people eating/getting ready to leave in order to have a place to sit. And when we left, we had people lined up for our table.

Which rice bowl would that be? Sounds better than the other options (to me, at least). I just order a "rice bowl"? TIA! Sounds like a good lunch option!

Which rice bowl would that be? Sounds better than the other options (to me, at least). I just order a "rice bowl"? TIA! Sounds like a good lunch option!

Rice bowl?!? do share, please. how do I go about ordering one?

Rice bowl?!? do share, please. how do I go about ordering one?
It's basically a naked burrito. I make one by ordering a burrito and instead of folding it i leave it flat and put all the toppings right on it and eat with a fork. That way i have a bit of soft shell i can use to scoop if i want

It's basically a naked burrito. I make one by ordering a burrito and instead of folding it i leave it flat and put all the toppings right on it and eat with a fork. That way i have a bit of soft shell i can use to scoop if i want
Thanks! Holds more veg that way--great idea! I had the chicken salad (forget what it was called) last visit. This sounds more appealing in December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter